PDA

View Full Version : Temp. light?

WickedATVer
11-06-2007, 09:57 AM
I unplugged my temp. light on my 05 trx and now it doesn't light up when you kick it over. It's supposed to flsh when it's kicked over and it did before. What might the prob. be i checked to make sure it's plugged in properly. this wouldn't effect the fan coming on if it does over heat would it?

Sjorge450R
11-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by WickedATVer
I unplugged my temp. light on my 05 trx and now it doesn't light up when you kick it over. It's supposed to flsh when it's kicked over and it did before. What might the prob. be i checked to make sure it's plugged in properly. this wouldn't effect the fan coming on if it does over heat would it?

do you have your key on? Or did you remove the key?

WickedATVer
11-07-2007, 02:57 PM
yah the hey is still connected and working i spliced my switch wires for my killswitch

bloodmoney23
11-09-2007, 09:01 PM
these temp lights seem to be messing up on all the bikes. Could be a couple things actually. 1. CDI Box. 2. Wiring harness 3. ERC Sensor (the sensor it plugs into on pump) 4. maybe the light just fried. 5. Try rewiring the killswitch and see what happens.

Hondaexboy
11-10-2007, 05:56 AM
yeah i have the same problem as you...
would it affect the fan comming on if it overheats?

WickedATVer
11-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Hondaexboy
yeah i have the same problem as you...
would it affect the fan comming on if it overheats?

yah thats what i want to know if the fan comes on thats enough to tell me if its over heated by itself

bloodmoney23
11-10-2007, 02:32 PM
when mine did it, it was the CDI that caused the issue. And no the fan would not come on. Take a power supply tester and test the wires to enure there is current going through the wires. If there is not. it is either your wiring harness or your cdi.

cletusEX
11-11-2007, 01:11 PM
If the light is not coming on the fan will not kick on. I had the same problem and after checking everything and replacing everything it ended up being a bad kill switch.