PDA

View Full Version : HMF Slip-ON

bigsandboxusmc
11-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Do I have to rejet my outlander maxx if I slap a HMF slip on? Being thats it fuel injection I need to buy another item I think its an optimizer or something in order to rejet a fuel injection quad.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-06-2007, 07:47 AM
The fuel setting in the factory ecm will not be optimum for your atv after installing a new exhaust. I would recommend a power commander they have the best tunablity. You spent the money on a fuel injected atv make sure you get a tuner like the power commander most of the others claim to be really simple but are really basic like tuning a carb. We sell the power commander for $305 and will preprogram it for you so all you need to do is install it

bigsandboxusmc
11-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Ok, I looked into Power Command and its pretty popular. How about matching the exhaust being Big Gun with their product the Power box. Do you the Big Gun Product would work great with the matching pipe. Or simple power command.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-08-2007, 09:41 AM
I prefer the power commander over any simple three button controller. I thave better features and more tunabilty.

yamahabluebruin
11-17-2007, 05:34 PM
If you put a pipe on your outlander you dont need a fuel controller. Can-Am sets the bikes rich from the factory. With just a pipe you will see a 5hp increase. I would definately go with the HMF utility over big gun.

bigsandboxusmc
11-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks I ended up going with the penland pro Hmf. I felt a really good pwr increase on my low end and some top end as well. I was told the same from a certified joe from my area and he said if I got constant back fire then I may need to do a fuel adjustment. He also advised me not change the air filter. The big gun was way over priced.

Melons
01-24-2008, 09:57 PM
I put the hmf on mine with a dobeck controller. I had the controller on for a year and I took it off about a month ago and the bike runs better. It just has more power without it. I would put it on without the controller. You don't need it.