PDA

View Full Version : Spindle Bolts For Heim Joints ???

1deadpresident
11-05-2007, 09:26 PM
HERE'S THE QUESTION... I have bought a set of +2 Contol Arms. They have Heim Joint's on the four corners. The spindle is tapered so what kind of bolts are the best to use? Does anyone know who you can buy just the bolts from? Or would I be better off in the long run to just buy the oem style ball joints and thread them in to the new A Arms? I was talking with a well, known GNCC/MX ATV Builder and he said using anything that wasn't tapered would be be serious mistake. . . . Ideas???:eek2: :confused:

Aceman
11-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Damn.....I hope your joking but I have feeling you're not.

1. Would you honestly trust somebody you don't know on an internet forum over a well known GNCC/MX builder?

2. Are you a tightwad? Buy the correct components for your front suspension, it's what keeps your front end together and saves you from face planting the next time you air it out.

I feel like I dropped a few IQ points just answering this question.:ermm:

1deadpresident
11-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
Damn.....I hope your joking but I have feeling you're not.

1. Would you honestly trust somebody you don't know on an internet forum over a well known GNCC/MX builder?

2. Are you a tightwad? Buy the correct components for your front suspension, it's what keeps your front end together and saves you from face planting the next time you air it out.

I feel like I dropped a few IQ points just answering this question.:ermm:

As for the Joking part not really....

Would I trust someone here over a well known MX/GNCC builder? It depends on the source. Information is priceless!

Tightwad? No I just think $320 for Heim Joints with Tapered Pivot Pins from Houser is ridiculous! No face planting here...

As for the IQ test ...The 450r Forum produced the winning answer @$19.95 each....There hardened and made of 4130 so I think they will work...What do you think? :devil: OH & the best part about the reply from them was I didn't have to hear any Bullshat or Jackass remarks! :D

danhung11
11-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 1deadpresident
HERE'S THE QUESTION... I have bought a set of +2 Contol Arms. They have Heim Joint's on the four corners. The spindle is tapered so what kind of bolts are the best to use? Does anyone know who you can buy just the bolts from? Or would I be better off in the long run to just buy the oem style ball joints and thread them in to the new A Arms? I was talking with a well, known GNCC/MX ATV Builder and he said using anything that wasn't tapered would be be serious mistake. . . . Ideas???:eek2: :confused:

Try Mike at Walsh RaceCraft. They have top notch customer service!!!

Good luck!

BTW - I hate the bs replies too!

Aceman
11-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by 1deadpresident
As for the Joking part not really....

Would I trust someone here over a well known MX/GNCC builder? It depends on the source. Information is priceless!

Tightwad? No I just think $320 for Heim Joints with Tapered Pivot Pins from Houser is ridiculous! No face planting here...

As for the IQ test ...The 450r Forum produced the winning answer @$19.95 each....There hardened and made of 4130 so I think they will work...What do you think? :devil: OH & the best part about the reply from them was I didn't have to hear any Bullshat or Jackass remarks! :D

Sometimes I can't help the smart@ss remarks........glad you found some!:cool: