PDA

View Full Version : ps3

mittman
11-05-2007, 08:08 PM
i'm lookin at a ps3 and my step bro says get a 360 so u can play halo 3 but i think that is a waste of time and thats all he does is play that game while i work my *** off to get my truck parts he plays this game all day till 3am and expects to get his dad to buy him a truck i hate to tell him but he isnt going to get a 8,000$ truck for free but anyway can you play ps2 games in the ps3 and how reliable are they i dont want to get a 300$ fee to get it fixed

riverhonda
11-05-2007, 08:16 PM
well i have a xbox360 and i use to a have a ps3 i liked them both but ps3 just didnt have to games i was looking for so i sold it and used to money for my quad. but my advise so you get what you want is look at the games for ps3 and xbox360 and see what you like then go from there.

mineralgrey01gt
11-05-2007, 08:22 PM
yes you can play ps2 games in them but not in the 40gb ones. In the 60gb and the 80gb you can. If you can get your hands on the 60gb one since they have the best backwards capability. The 80gb ive heard has problems with backwards capability.

360's are nice but playstation has the titles that id rather have, such as Metal Gear Solid 4 and in the next few years God Of War 3

ingleful
11-05-2007, 08:33 PM
id rather have a PS3 just cuz GTA IV will be coming out and it looks amazing.

450robot
11-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by ingleful
id rather have a PS3 just cuz GTA IV will be coming out and it looks amazing.

spoilers: rockstar sold the gta license... it will be on the 360 at release too.

ps3 is going down hill, the 3 price drops over a quarter of a year prove it, no games, no support... the only good factor is its blue-ray player...

ingleful
11-05-2007, 08:44 PM
yeah your right ...isnt there vice city and gta 3 on xbox?

my ps2 is great.

mittman
11-05-2007, 08:49 PM
yeah i'm pretty sure they do make gta for xbox. i love my ps2 i had it since they first came out lol so i think its time for a new one

Ralph
11-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
spoilers: rockstar sold the gta license... it will be on the 360 at release too.

ps3 is going down hill, the 3 price drops over a quarter of a year prove it, no games, no support... the only good factor is its blue-ray player...

False: Take 2 (people who make gta) made a deal with sony. Sony let them out of the exclusivity contract in return for take 2 making a totally new game on the ps3.

3 Price cuts is good news not bad. They were able to lower production cost due to the cost of blue-ray diodes going down in price and other factors. They also sold the rights to the cell processor so now other people are making it cheaper. THEY ARE PASSING ON THE SAVINGS ONTO YOU.

I like em both. I don't own a 360 cause most people i know who have em have at least had to have 2-3 replaced cause they broke.

The 360 had no good games until Gears of war came out a year after the 360 came out.

PS3 already has resistance, heavenly sword, ratchet and clank, warhawk, and way more good games coming out soon like uncharted drakes fortune, haze, and Unreal Tournament 3 (People who made gears of war) and more games coming out later like killzone 2, mgs4. Mind you all of those are exclusive to the ps3.

As far as multi platform games, Call of duty 4 comes out tomorrow, Assassins Creed is coming out soon too and many others.

As far as which one is better, They are both equal RIGHT NOW. They are still learning how to program the ps3 where as the 360 is pretty much completely figured out since its just like a pc.

So when we look at games like gta4, it got delayed partly due to the 360 not being to able to fit the game on a single disk compared to the ps3 not having any storage problems because of blue-ray. Any problems developers are having with the ps3 is because they don't know how to do it right YET (Same thing happened with the ps2 when it first came out, which has programming architecture similar to the 360.

Assassins Creed also had trouble fitting on a regular 360 dvd. The ps3 is going to soon have games that could never even fit on a regular dvd like the 360 uses.

So all in all i would go for the PS3 unless you plan on buying both because you will get alot more in the long run.

Also, one last thing as far as support, Microsoft just lost the studio that made the halo games as well as a few other first party developers. So when u think about it Microsoft is loosing first party support whereas the ps3 is building its already good support.

ingleful
11-05-2007, 08:51 PM
ive got the newer version ps2...my big one crashedddddddd

Ralph
11-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by ingleful
ive got the newer version ps2...my big one crashedddddddd

After how many years? My ps2 still works and its 7 years old. About 33% of xbox 360's have broken so far and microsoft has stated that just about every 360 has the same fatal flaw which caused them to fail. (Its only been two years and they are already dropping like flies, they claim that they have now fixed the problem but they have said that twice before)

And lets not forget Microsoft completely abandoned every original Xbox owner by just stopping all development for the console and including only very limited backwards computability with the 360.

Sony is still appreciating ps2 owners by letting developers still make games for it even though the ps3 is now out.

ingleful
11-05-2007, 09:04 PM
i had it for a few years but hten i just stoppped working.

mineralgrey01gt
11-05-2007, 09:14 PM
also think about this, blu-ray disc can hold MUCH more than a HD-DVD. So that means that when microsoft maxes out the disc for the 360, sony can and most definitely will have more features, better graphics, etc. in their games due to having much more room on the disc for the games.

Ralph
11-05-2007, 09:16 PM
and if your wondering why i even care so much.

Hearing people say the 360 is better than the ps3 just bothers me because they could not be more misinformed.

Before you make your purchase do some research on your own and come to your own decision. Try to avoid most media and such because microsoft is known to be very nice with their money to alot of news outlets so your results may be a little biased.

My suggestion is to look at the games coming out for each console.

If your looking for 360 games they dont have much coming out but their 3 must own games are gears of war, halo 3, and bioshock. I don't think they have announced anything special coming out anytime soon.

As far as ps3: Check out Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword(God of war like game), warhawk, lair, resistance, haze, uncharted drakes fortune, unreal tournament 3, killzone 2, mgs4, Socom Confrontation. Gt5 (Gran Turisom Prolouge)

Check out this website too: http://ne.au.playstation.com/ps3gamesuniverse/

pro-rider46
11-05-2007, 09:16 PM
oh ralph dont forget that grand turismo 4, and 5 are ps3 only. and tourist trouphy is for the ps2 but still ps only.

and for those of you that have wifi. you can hook that up to your xbox and have to pay money for xbox live, and ps3 has no charges other than the internet, game and console, and it has a internet browser, i come onto atvriders.com all the time and post info using the ps3(how cool is that), and soon playstation is going to be insanely better that xbox,

and ps. resistence is pretty similar to the xbox games. and have a better online experiance

Ralph
11-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
oh ralph dont forget that grand turismo 4, and 5 are ps3 only. and tourist trouphy is for the ps2 but still ps only.

and for those of you that have wifi. you can hook that up to your xbox and have to pay money for xbox live, and ps3 has no charges other than the internet, game and console, and it has a internet browser, i come onto atvriders.com all the time and post info using the ps3(how cool is that), and soon playstation is going to be insanely better that xbox,

and ps. resistence is pretty similar to the xbox games. and have a better online experiance

360 doesn't have wifi.

The only upside the 360 has right now is that multi platform games have been coming out a little early but its only temporary and usually due to the same publisher not having their **** together.

Ralph
11-06-2007, 10:39 AM
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A1320793

one of the best deals on a ps3.

PunkA$$
11-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Ralph

PS3 already has resistance, heavenly sword, ratchet and clank, warhawk, and way more good games coming out soon like uncharted drakes fortune, haze, and Unreal Tournament 3 (People who made gears of war) and more games coming out later like killzone 2, mgs4. Mind you all of those are exclusive to the ps3.

Actually, Unreal Tournament 3 will be available on the 360 as well...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/unrealtournament2007/index.html?tag=result;title;6

Ralph
11-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Punk*****
Actually, Unreal Tournament 3 will be available on the 360 as well...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/unrealtournament2007/index.html?tag=result;title;6

As of right now its console exclusive to the ps3. It may or may not come for the 360 later down the line.

Gamespot is not very accurate and often has placeholders for many games. It will only be on ps3 this holiday season.

HondaRancherES
11-06-2007, 08:25 PM
I would go with the PS3...Xbox 360's are having issues right now. I am on my second time in a month sending mine in for repairs and having to wait 3-4 weeks

Toadz400
11-06-2007, 10:15 PM
PS3. Once the programmers actually figure out how to make games for the thing they are going to be AMAZING! Just look at the newer PS2 graphics, they're damn good!

I bought my PS2 the week it came out back in 2001. Still running strong! Trust me, it's seen some serious playing time back in the day too when I was in school!