PDA

View Full Version : 330 bolt on Q

trailwart
11-05-2007, 05:50 PM
i burned up my piston and messed up the cylinder on my 330 bolt on. it was at the 76.50 bore and ive been told thats it for the bolt on, and that i need a new sleeve. ok so my question is, what trouble would i be in if i bore to 77mm and slap a piston in, is that .5mm really gonna make that much of a difference on 77mm. has anyone run a 77mm in a bolt on 330 jug? thanks

Rollscanardly
11-05-2007, 06:30 PM
I think that if you were on the last bore and bored it more, even if the piston fit etc, that you would be running the risk of the sleeve breaking due to being too thin...I do know this: if the sleeve breaks you might as well sack up a new crank, main bearings and seals, and main cases as well if you have my kind of luck =D

Hunter

hang1p
11-06-2007, 02:08 AM
i believe if you go any bigger you will have to machine the cases remember that a bolt on 330 has a cut sleve that only goes into the spacer plate not the actual bottom end, I could be wrong

EXtreme-
11-06-2007, 05:58 AM
True. The only choice is to re-sleeve at this point. Too risky to bore again. Hang may be correct on the piston clearance on the cases, but I'm not certain how close a haffa mil will be to making a mess. This is the only problem with the 330 bo's. Lifespan is too short for the money. Better off to trust the company's advice on specs and not grenade the motor.

C-LEIGH RACING
11-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Now, you dont mean to tell me after all that we have talked about & you done forgot that the case hole is to small for a 77mm piston to fit down in to.
You cylinder can be bored up to the 350cc piston size if you wanted to, but, those cases wont clear the piston skirt without being cut out bigger.
Neil ;) :p :D

trailwart
11-07-2007, 06:38 PM
verything i just typed was lost so im making it short this time. cases are bored now, and i should of stated the question a little different. what i need to know is at what point does the 5mm shorter slevve come in to play with the piston having the ability to rock real bad. i know the bolt on sleeve andf the reguler sleeve are the same except 5mm are cut of the bottom for the bolt on. if i slap a 77mm in there is it getting to big to risk the rocking action, unsupported piston skirt. found a deal on a 77mm piston and just tryin to save some money for now. but if it would be risking a chance to destruct my cylinder than its not worth it. Neil i thought the 350 head studs were placed farther out in the casting, if not, i might be having a 350 sleeve dropped in. let me know, because you will get the work again.