PDA

View Full Version : Planning a purchase this winter

tbolt94
11-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Hey guys, I am planning on upgrading my 660 for a used YFZ450. I could use some input as to what to look out for.. Any problems with them, any particular year that may have had issues. What sort of mods work well, and which do not work so well with them. What price range for a particular year, and what to look for in a used machine. Thanks for the input guys.. I look forward to hearing what you all have to say.

mittman
11-05-2007, 06:17 PM
i've got a 05 yfz450 and the only thing i dont like is the the battery and all you have to do is go to walmart and get a bigger one and i'm told there are cheeper than the stock but i'm not sure i havent had time to go out and get one. i'm not sure what kind of mods work well but other wise i have had no problems.

tbolt94
11-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Great start Thanks for the input.

pro-rider46
11-05-2007, 08:58 PM
the 05s have some minor problems, like they will sometimes leak anti freeze and have charging and starting issues( most e-starts do!) and thats about it for problems that i know of. but for mods, pic up a exhaust and put a gytr revbox on it and it will make it run like a raped ape.

07yfz88trx
11-05-2007, 10:24 PM
i would get an 06 or newer if you could but if you get an 06 or older then you should look for one with the oil mod or oil upgrade on it so you dont have to worry about that. If you want you can do it yourself if you could get a good deal it doesnt cost to much. Other then that you will love any of the yfz's over the 660