PDA

View Full Version : ignition cluster relocation

inthewoods10
11-05-2007, 04:49 PM
has anyone had any luck with moving the ignition cluster off the bars. I am putting flex bars on and usually the run the dana creech bend so I am thinking there isnt going to be room under the cross bars to snap that after thought of a plastic piece back on. Hoping someone comes up with a neat fix for that soon.

kd228
11-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Sorry, my ignition is basically under the head light, zip tied to the frame. Not ideal but works.

inthewoods10
11-05-2007, 05:03 PM
ok, i talked with baldwin a while back and they said they were working on something but can't seem to get an answer from them. I was wondering if anyone has gotten a close luck at the ktm team quads to see what they did. I know they moved them but cant seem to find a pick to see what they did\

otis
11-05-2007, 05:28 PM
here's ours

spanky101
11-05-2007, 07:34 PM
thats what i would do, or mine would proboly just be sorta chillen down underneath the hood zip tied together and then to the frame or something

inthewoods10
11-06-2007, 06:55 AM
that is a cool pic, who's is this, as i am not the most savey of mechanics help me out a bit on the install. The ignition has a flat side on one side on the lights seem to be countersunk on the original plastic piece. Awesome job, kinda wish ktm would have taken some direction from u on this matter

otis
11-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Pretty easy to do. Drilled the holes fairly close, then used a die grinder with a deburring bit to finish holes. Just take your time. Dremel tool would work to.

EVSEV0
11-16-2007, 06:05 PM
I just dropped my 525 off at trail Tech. They are building a new bar clamp and indicator relocator. They should have it done in the next week or so. I will keep you guys informed. If you guys have and suggestions. Let me know. I will post pics as soon as I have them.

EVSEV0
12-01-2007, 12:07 AM
Just got my 525 back from trail tech. I will try to post some pics. I think it turned pretty nice. If you dont like the computer it can be removed and just mount the indicators on the dash board. Great key location. Nothing just flopping around on the handle bars now. Let me know what you think.

EVSEV0
12-01-2007, 12:21 AM
This dashboard should be available soon.

john cunningham
12-10-2007, 12:33 PM
GET RID OF THE INDICATORS / IF UR GOING FAST U DONT HAVE TIME FOR THEM ANY HOW/ I USED A CIG LIGHTER MOUNTING BRACKET AND TUCKED THE IGN SWITCH UNDER THE TANK ON THE LEFT SIDE WITH THE KEY FACING BACKWARDS ITS STAYS CLEAN AND NO CHANCE OF IT GETTING BUMPED AND BROKEN OR TURNED OFF

bryishre
12-11-2007, 09:03 PM
can you post a pic and where did you get the cig lighter mount from

john cunningham
12-12-2007, 07:19 AM
it was from napa like 4 bucks it comes in a little bubble pack with a cig lighter all u need is the l shaped bracket i used a dremmell and cut it to the perfect size with a flat spot and used two flat headed torx bolts 6 mm and it dont rub ur knee or anything

bryishre
12-16-2007, 04:07 PM
hey john i like what you talked about with the ing on the frame just its hard for me to see just by your words its just so tight i cant see where you put the cig mount bracket when you used the bracket did you drill the torx bolts into the frame im just a lil slow on really slow and a few pictures would help out so much is there a chance that you could get some on here so i can get what your talking about

john cunningham
12-17-2007, 11:34 AM
NO NO NO NOT ON THE FRAME/IN THE LEFT TANK PLASTIC JUST AHEAD OF THE CREESE / WHEN I GET A CJANCE ILL TAKE A OIC AND SEND TO YA. BEEN REALLY BUSY WITH THIS SNOW AND CRAPP AT WORK / IM NOT GETTING MUCH HOME TIME THIS PAST WEEK OR SO / ITS EASY ONLY TOOK LIKE 15 MINUTES

bryishre
12-17-2007, 07:50 PM
ok ill wait for the pic yeah im not going to make a move till i see a pic lol i know what u mean about working to much im a delivery driver and peak season is a bear this year

john cunningham
12-18-2007, 06:07 AM
HEY ONE OTHER THING U SHOULD DO TAKE EVERY SINGLE PLUG APART IN UR ELEC.SYSTEM ESPECIALLY THE ECM PLUG AND PUT DIE ELECTRIC GREASE IN EVERY ONE / I HAVE EXPERIENCED SOME IGN TROUBLE AND POPING FUSES . THEY DONT HAVE ANT SEALANT IN THEM FROM THE FACTORY AND DO AND WILL HOLD WATER SO MAKE SURE TO BE GENTLE WITH THE ECM PLUG THE PINS ARE VERY TINY AND MAY BEND OVER IF NOT CAREFUL BUT DO IT

bryishre
12-18-2007, 07:16 PM
thanks ill keep that in mind when i do the mod you did and ill give you the credit :)

john cunningham
12-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Please send me your personal email address so that I can email you the pictures. Thanks.

bryishre
12-19-2007, 06:56 PM
pm sent

john cunningham
12-20-2007, 11:38 AM
BRY I SENT THE PICS TO UR E-MAIL THEY ARENT THAT GREAT TOO DARK IF U NEED ILL GET A BETTER CAMERA FROM A FREIND AND TAKE MORE WITH A FLASH OR SEND ME THE PANEL AND SWITCH AND ILL DO IT FOR YA

bryishre
12-20-2007, 06:42 PM
it took a lil while to under stand the pic but when you said panel and looked at the pics agian i figured it out i think i can do it im not a genius so the only thing supporting is the panel ? if so i think i can hand that and thanks for the pics it really helped out

joeschmo442003
12-20-2007, 07:29 PM
hey guys walsh has a plate for under the bar clamp i think its like $40 real clean too

bryishre
12-21-2007, 07:31 PM
the only prob is these companies say they are almost done with the so called part and never really do anything like trail tech the made a dash for a guy but they dont have it on the website for sale and i dont believe they have them if i dont see them on a website thats just me

EVSEV0
12-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Trail tech said they should have the parts avalible around the first of the year. They are just trying to finish production parts. They have been making changes to their web site. I think they will have them all listed soon. I'm still waiting to see the final production pieces myself. Bryishre I tried to fit a bar pad. I only one I had was a little big and wouldnt work. It would have worked with little modifcation. I think the KTM bar pad would fit a lttle better. It is smaller then the one I have.

bryishre
12-22-2007, 08:45 AM
thats cool thanks for checking about the bar pad im not downing trail tech or any company im just impatient when they say soon i think like a week or two not months and by the way how is your dash kit holding up

cheetah
12-23-2007, 12:38 PM
I just tied my lights off to the frame under the hood and wired the keyswitch back into the regular killswitch on the bars to do away it. I always lose keys anyways.

EVSEV0
12-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by bryishre
thats cool thanks for checking about the bar pad im not downing trail tech or any company im just impatient when they say soon i think like a week or two not months and by the way how is your dash kit holding up

The dash kit seams to work fine. No problems with it. I like having the temp guage and shift light. I Know what you mean. I dont under stand why it takes so long for some these parts to go to production. That what we get for buying a bike that is still pretty limited in most parts.

didntseeitcomin
12-25-2007, 12:00 AM
Shift light?

EVSEV0
12-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by didntseeitcomin
Shift light?

A light comes on when the rpm's hit a set range.