PDA

View Full Version : Flu Shot...

ZeroLogic
11-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Well I had the flu shot last Thursday and man, it made me so sick. I've been sleeping for the past three days. I can't eat or drink anything because I'll puke it up. I'm in so much pain and I can't even cough anymore. I have no energy, I'm also so dehydration and always light-headed. All of this because of a shot thats suppose to help me. Anyone else have problems with the shot?:ermm:

quadwanter
11-05-2007, 08:06 AM
my mom's a nurse and knows about the possible side effects of the shots which is why i've never received one. having said that, i've never had the flu, i think the best way to avoid it is to wash your hands all the time and eat health with exercise.

elite ATV1
11-05-2007, 08:54 AM
When they give you the shot they infect you with the virus. so your body's immune system can build up anti-bodys to protect yourself from the virus.

ZeroLogic
11-05-2007, 09:07 AM
The virus is "killed" in the flu shot though.

54warrior
11-05-2007, 09:50 AM
I've never had a flu shot.

I haven't had the flu in probably 5 years.

Ghost-Rider
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Last year my aunt and 2 cousins had the flu shot where you just spray it in your nose so there are no needles. They all ended in the the ER with a fever of like 108 degrees.

ZeroLogic
11-05-2007, 01:16 PM
I went to the docs today. She said there is different ingredients they use to make the shot so you won't have to same reaction every year you get the shot. I know this is the last time I'll get the shot.:ermm:

Ruby Soho
11-05-2007, 01:18 PM
i just got back from getting mine:p

400EXtreme
11-05-2007, 03:12 PM
i just got mine :)

Raptor68
11-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Last year my aunt and 2 cousins had the flu shot where you just spray it in your nose so there are no needles. They all ended in the the ER with a fever of like 108 degrees.

BS...no way it could have been 108 degrees...:ermm:

troyleepred719
11-05-2007, 05:28 PM
i just got mine, and it made me really horny....ok, so maybe it wasnt the shot.....

BlaineKaiser450
11-05-2007, 06:54 PM
2 years ago i got one and had to miss a couple days of school cause i was throwing up. I havent gotten one since. Being sick sucks

big_saxy
11-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
The virus is "killed" in the flu shot though.

From what I understand the virus isn't "killed" from the flu shot. Insted, they put deactivated strains from last year's virus and your body then makes antibodies that protect you from this year's flu virus. That's the way it's suppose to work. Apparently your flu shot wasn't "deactivated" :blah:

Ghost-Rider
11-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Raptor68
BS...no way it could have been 108 degrees...:ermm:

Not BS at all, they were about dead when they arrived.

Ron89
11-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
i just got mine, and it made me really horny....ok, so maybe it wasnt the shot.....
I would hope not. Getting horny by being poked by a small rod is kind of suspecious.

QuadJunkies
11-06-2007, 12:15 AM
For some particular reason ,this years Flu shot is effeting many people. I too had the shot last week and was sick for 2 days :(
I had a fever and body aches from hell. :scary:
If a Flu shot made us feel that bad, imagine how bad you would feel without it!
I think its still worth getting.
My work is offering them free to my whole family this year.

So far Im the only one who opted for it. :p

criminalpoet
11-06-2007, 09:56 AM
The flu shot itself does not make you sick! Most that get sick immediately after receiving a flu shot had come into contact with the flu virus shortly before getting the shot. And what most dont realize is that the flu shot takes 4-6 weeks to build up strength. I have been getting flu shots for free at work for the last 4 years and have yet to catch the flu as a direct result of the shot.

Funny enough though I got my flu shot for this year last Monday, but came into contact with the flu virus via a friends baby last Saturday and I am sick with the damn flu right now as I type this hehhehheh. Man I hate being sick! This is the first time ive called into work sick in 4 years, hell, this is the first time ive been sick in 4 years.

QuadJunkies
11-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by criminalpoet
The flu shot itself does not make you sick! Most that get sick immediately after receiving a flu shot had come into contact with the flu virus shortly before getting the shot. And what most dont realize is that the flu shot takes 4-6 weeks to build up strength. I have been getting flu shots for free at work for the last 4 years and have yet to catch the flu as a direct result of the shot.

Funny enough though I got my flu shot for this year last Monday, but came into contact with the flu virus via a friends baby last Saturday and I am sick with the damn flu right now as I type this hehhehheh. Man I hate being sick! This is the first time ive called into work sick in 4 years, hell, this is the first time ive been sick in 4 years.
People do get reations to flu shots actually it can and does happen.The viruses in the flu shot are killed (inactivated), so you cannot get the flu from a flu shot. But....Some minor side effects that could occur are:

Soreness, redness, or swelling where the shot was given
Fever (low grade)
Aches (mild to moderate)
Some people are very sensitive to the vaccine(I think its if your allregic to eggs,then your reccomened not to get it at all) I did not get the flu ,but last year I DID get the mild side effects once again from the shot( I do every year,thats how I know it was the shot) and then I turned around and got the freakin FLU! Not once, but TWICE in the same month! :scary:
GO FIGURE--I must have caught a strain that the flu shot didnt cover :p
About 2 weeks after vaccination, antibodies that provide protection against influenza virus infection develop in the body.

89dc240
11-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Got my first one a week ago or so. No reaction. It was sore for a couple days, but eh, at least I'm not sick, lol.

ZeroLogic
11-06-2007, 02:48 PM
The doc said it was a side effect. Can't argue with the doctors.:chinese: I'm feeling a lot better today. My asthma is kicking my *** though. I can't cough because my whole stomach and lungs hurt like a mother.:mad:

BlaineKaiser450
11-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Ron89
I would hope not. Getting horny by being poked by a small rod is kind of suspecious. LMAO hahaha

troyleepred719
11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Ron89
I would hope not. Getting horny by being poked by a small rod is kind of suspecious.

LOL, TOUCHE:devil: ...