PDA

View Full Version : I killed the beast that feeds me.

yamaha250f
11-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Well while working last night I had to do something that I didnt want to but had no choice but to. I had to arrest a guy on a quad, he made the attempt to get away but failed to do so. He managed to stall the quad out about 4 or 5 times befor i grabed him and ripped him off. The reason for the arrest had to do with a known drug area and he was also riding on private property. The railroad police came and were going to charge him with a felony of riding on the railroad tracks that i had just learned about last night. Apparently after 9/11 it became state law that if your caught with a quad on certain railroads in pa its a felony offense. But anyways after I ran the guy he came back DUI suspended and also happened to be drunk at the time of the stop. But since I kinda felt sorry so only slapped him with the drug charges. All in all I felt like a big A-HOLE having to impound his quad and arrest him but I also need to make money at the end of the day too.

ZeroLogic
11-05-2007, 07:39 AM
I would of charged him for everything hes done worng and not think about it twice. :o

quadwanter
11-05-2007, 08:01 AM
what kind of bike was he on :scary:

yamaha250f
11-05-2007, 08:06 AM
he was on a green kfx400 and hes firends that got away were riding a 450r, 660 rappy and the best one that got away a 250ex.

ZeroLogic
11-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Where in Pa are you?

kawabunga
11-05-2007, 08:17 AM
i wouldn't feel too bad about it if i were you. he was obviously doing something wrong. he deserves what he has coming to him. the law is the law and you know he knows it, otherwise he wouldnt have been trying to get away. you were just doing your job. and he was doing something that gives all of us quad riders a bad name. don't beat yourself up about it.

yamaha250f
11-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Where in Pa are you?

pretty sure we wnet over this befor in the past i live by Carbondale work in Scranton and Avoca. This arrest happened in Avoca.

yamaha250f
11-05-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm not beaten myself up at all over it, I just think its very gay like you said gives all of us a bad name.

Flip_SideEX
11-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Once we weed out the idiots, the sport will become much better and popular. More power to you, nice job.

bradley300
11-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by yamaha250f
Well while working last night I had to do something that I didnt want to but had no choice but to. I had to arrest a guy on a quad, he made the attempt to get away but failed to do so. He managed to stall the quad out about 4 or 5 times befor i grabed him and ripped him off. The reason for the arrest had to do with a known drug area and he was also riding on private property. The railroad police came and were going to charge him with a felony of riding on the railroad tracks that i had just learned about last night. Apparently after 9/11 it became state law that if your caught with a quad on certain railroads in pa its a felony offense. But anyways after I ran the guy he came back DUI suspended and also happened to be drunk at the time of the stop. But since I kinda felt sorry so only slapped him with the drug charges. All in all I felt like a big A-HOLE having to impound his quad and arrest him but I also need to make money at the end of the day too.

hey you've got nothing to feel sorry about. its dumbasses like that, that give all of us bad reps.

bradley300
11-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Flip_SideEX
Once we weed out the idiots, the sport will become much better and popular. More power to you, nice job.

agreed!

KXRida
11-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by yamaha250f
pretty sure we wnet over this befor in the past i live by Carbondale work in Scranton and Avoca. This arrest happened in Avoca.

just curious, what parts of pa is it a felony to ride on RR tracks? Cause recently I've found myself and quite a few buddies riding them to get to some awesome trials.

Ghost-Rider
11-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Ripped him off the quad ? Should of just tazed his *** and called it good.

tman12345
11-05-2007, 01:28 PM
what were you chasing him with? a quad i know some police forces have quads.

11-05-2007, 01:35 PM
should not have gone light on him...the bad seeds need charged to the fullest in everything

wantablaster
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by tman12345
what were you chasing him with?

And im in scranton too.

yamaha250f
11-05-2007, 03:28 PM
No the idiots I pulled up to a railroad crossing and they got there the same time i did so they turned around and went the way then i crossed the tracks turned around and they were crossing so i cut the last one off. I was in a crown vic.

yamaha250f
11-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
just curious, what parts of pa is it a felony to ride on RR tracks? Cause recently I've found myself and quite a few buddies riding them to get to some awesome trials.

Im not sure about down in central pa but up here lackawanna and luzerne county it is.