PDA

View Full Version : new york m/c registration question

ny300exrider
11-05-2007, 05:04 AM
quick question, hopefully someone can help out.

i just got a drz400s dual sport bike a month ago....been waiting on a peice of paperwork from the previous owner(lien release form) to get it registered.....the guy called me and told me the bank sent the form and it should be here any day now. thats all great but heres the problem.....something came up and i NEED to sell this bike. the p.o. put my name on the back of the title at the time of sale so there is no changing that.

from what i hear, it takes 6-8 weeks to get a title changed over. is there any way that i can sell the bike to someone while this process is taking place, WITHOUT making them wait, maybe a temporary regi or something? im thinking im screwed and will have to wait the 6-8 weeks before i can sell but i really really dont want to do that

any info please lemme know
thanks

ny300exrider
11-05-2007, 12:50 PM
bump

4strokin
11-05-2007, 01:46 PM
you may be able to sell it with a notoarized bill of sale and tell them you'll send them the title once you get it back. just an idea

Giz400ex
11-05-2007, 03:51 PM
With my experience, you need to have the title in your name to sell it to another person. If I was the buyer, I would see a prob and would wait for title. But, I would call the DMV and see what could be done.:D