PDA

View Full Version : Vented Riding Gear

spanky101
11-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Hey guys, I was just lookin for some opinions of vented riding gear. When i think about it it seems like a pretty good idea because alot of the time its gonna be pretty warm when your riding and I think the vented gear would really benefit you there. Also you could just put on a longsleeve under it if it gets a little bit more chilly. Im just looking for opinions on riding gear, vented and non vented, not really lookin to start a big war on what company produces the best, just lookin for opinions on vented gear. Thanks

nickmelll
11-05-2007, 07:15 AM
i like the moose sahara gear its has big vents and holds up really good

kawabunga
11-05-2007, 08:22 AM
depends on the temperature of where you're riding. up here in wisconsin, and i deffinetly know north of us, it gets chilly. during the summer vented is fine. once it starts cooling off i dont recommend it though. when you're working hard riding, workin' up a sweat, when that cold wind goes through those little holes, it's cold. vented gear is nice if it's warm out. otherwise just get non-vented gear. i don't think i even own a set of vented gear, it isn't that bad. just my opinion though

spanky101
11-05-2007, 03:58 PM
you have a good point, im just considering gettin non vented... does anyone have experience with the new thor core stuff? thanks

Flyin-Low
11-05-2007, 04:16 PM
I love my Fox (HD I think) over-the-boot riding pants.. they have big vents that also have zippers on them so when it's chilly I can just close em'.

They are pretty much destroyed now thought from where they got caught on my peg under the boot and where they pipe burnt them.

-Martin

nickmelll
11-05-2007, 04:17 PM
i would go with the vented stuff i wear mine pretty much all season( except for the first couple with snow). if its cool out its a little cold at first but once you get riding its fine and u can always were a shirt under it

TRX450RACER174
11-05-2007, 05:17 PM
When it's hot i wear THOR AC gear, when its cooler i just wear the normal THOR STATIC gear.

spanky101
11-05-2007, 07:47 PM
How do you like your thor ac gear? im looking into the new stuff, it looks sooo nice!

nickmelll
11-05-2007, 08:39 PM
i had this years thor ac sjersey and it worked pretty good not as much vents as the moose but it was still pretty good

TRX450RACER174
11-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by spanky101
How do you like your thor ac gear? im looking into the new stuff, it looks sooo nice!

All of the THOR gear is super nice, we have a co-sponsorship so all of our gear besides boots and gloves are THOR, it's nice having multiple sets of gear especially for practice and race.

ricksmx865
11-05-2007, 09:41 PM
i have no fear vented gear and love it when its hott out... it definatly does the trick of cooling me down that extra bit

definatly worth giving a shot

spanky101
11-06-2007, 11:52 AM
thanks guys, im thinking im gonna go with the thor ac gear. thanks for the input guys, and more is always welcomed

tank69
11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
If you want to save some cash, check these guys out first.

http://www.rockymoto.com/