PDA

View Full Version : bucks bike on the track

buck naked-r
11-04-2007, 11:10 PM
its kinda dark so it hard to see....i got someone to ride it for me thats a OK rider........i would have left the line alot harder

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o101/buck450/th_Picture160.jpg (http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o101/buck450/?action=view&current=Picture160.flv)

pro-rider46
11-05-2007, 08:31 PM
thats impressive, is that with or without power adders

buck naked-r
11-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
thats impressive, is that with or without power adders
no power adder or oxy fuel

in fact i had avation fuel in it 100 octane

i use u-4 mostly but ive been having trouble with it gumming up my carb so bad that the throttle started sticking so i stop using it for awhile

buck naked-r
11-05-2007, 11:08 PM
i had a guy on another site say it looks slow,but i think the guy i had riding it did good being that he just started drag racing about7 months ago...he;s still afraid to hit it really hard on the take off but he's alot better than others i've tried to get to ride my bike

zeus54
11-06-2007, 10:05 PM
I HAVE TO SAY THAT YOU TRULY IMPRESS ME. BY THE WAY WHAT CAM WAS THAT ON THE OTHER THREAD.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-07-2007, 09:38 AM
We use Ti lube fuel here it is called prolox and comes in 110 octane and 101 with 4% oxy. I have never seen any problem with it gumming up. I have a dyno sheet of a crf250 back to back on std 110 fuel and then the prolox, the prolox made 2.5 more hp on a 250 without any jetting changes

Scro
11-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
We use Ti lube fuel here it is called prolox and comes in 110 octane and 101 with 4% oxy. I have never seen any problem with it gumming up. I have a dyno sheet of a crf250 back to back on std 110 fuel and then the prolox, the prolox made 2.5 more hp on a 250 without any jetting changes

How does the price compare?

Colby@C&DRacing
11-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Right now it is $11.50 a gallon

400exrider707
11-07-2007, 11:21 AM

How did the A/F meters look for both?

Colby@C&DRacing
11-07-2007, 11:56 AM
I didn't get to see that print out.

buck naked-r
11-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by zeus54
I HAVE TO SAY THAT YOU TRULY IMPRESS ME. BY THE WAY WHAT CAM WAS THAT ON THE OTHER THREAD.

stage-2 H/C

buck naked-r
11-07-2007, 08:52 PM

well it sounds like something i'd try but i've never heard of it around here.........but for now im running 100octane fuel for the air port.....thats whats in it in the video above

400exrider707
11-08-2007, 05:58 AM
I didn't get to see that print out.

Well isn't it possible that the original fuel wasn't jetted properly and the new fuel just happened to be more "spot on"?

Buck, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the assumption that aviation fuel is designed for High altitude and low RPM, where as a quad needs something that is designed for the exact opposite....?? Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

buck naked-r
11-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Well isn't it possible that the original fuel wasn't jetted properly and the new fuel just happened to be more "spot on"?

Buck, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the assumption that aviation fuel is designed for High altitude and low RPM, where as a quad needs something that is designed for the exact opposite....?? Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

YES........THATS the WORD on the /INTERNET/ but in the real would race car drivers use it ALL the time........and i'm running pretty good with it alone with about 100 other people runing it in there cars or atvs

i think some get to wraped up in techonol stuff

+ its only around $3.50 a gallon

but i will be going back to u-4 once i find out why its gumming up my carb after only 5-minutes of running........i think i got a bad batch

also got some 110 from a station thats sells it from the pump and loss power from using it..........power drop 5hp to be exact..........so the way i see it if your buying it from the pump if you there not selling the fuel fast enough it will go bad,where as with a airport there keep fresh fuel because its getting used all the time and needs refilling alot more than some from a station with 110 that people rarely use..............and sunoco 110 is to $$$$$$ for non oxy fuel....it's $8.00 a gallon

400exrider707
11-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by buck naked-r
YES........THATS the WORD on the /INTERNET/ but in the real would race car drivers use it ALL the time........and i'm running pretty good with it alone with about 100 other people runing it in there cars or atvs

i think some get to wraped up in techonol stuff

+ its only around $3.50 a gallon

but i will be going back to u-4 once i find out why its gumming up my carb after only 5-minutes of running........i think i got a bad batch

also got some 110 from a station thats sells it from the pump and loss power from using it..........power drop 5hp to be exact..........so the way i see it if your buying it from the pump if you there not selling the fuel fast enough it will go bad,where as with a airport there keep fresh fuel because its getting used all the time and needs refilling alot more than some from a station with 110 that people rarely use..............and sunoco 110 is to $$$$$$ for non oxy fuel....it's $8.00 a gallon

Yes I know, I was just asking your thoughts on it. I too used to use it in my banshee, and never had problems. You think your carb gumming is fuel related then? My buddy ran U4 (the higher octane one I think U4.1 or something?) all season long in his MX bike and never had a problem. Stock 04/05 carb and intake with a UNI filter.

cumminsontheroc
11-08-2007, 09:06 AM
i use to fuel air planes , and i ran 100LL all the time . i would mix it with marvels though just for some extra lubricant (LL = low lead). aviation fuel is always alot cleaner because they have to test it every day! well there surpose to anyway. when i asked some of the big wigs at exxon about the actuall oct. of 100LL they would always say that 100 was the bare min. but it was normally between 110 and 114 oct. just my two cents but i still run it all the time.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

Yes this is possible since I did not get that printout. We will be doings sometesting here soon and I will post the afr sheets as well.

400exrider707
11-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Yes this is possible since I did not get that printout. We will be doings sometesting here soon and I will post the afr sheets as well.

Cool, thanks.

When I used to buy aviation at the pump, it was at a mobil station, not an air field. It was right next to a dirt track. It did sell fast so I know some of the guys at the dirt track used it. They always told us when they tested it it ran around 106-107 octane. The low lead worked beautifully in my banshee!

ss440ex
11-09-2007, 02:11 PM
The u-4 fuel will gum up...
Use the new u-4.1 fuel,the gumming aditive has been removed!

buck naked-r
11-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by ss440ex
The u-4 fuel will gum up...
Use the new u-4.1 fuel,the gumming aditive has been removed!

that u-4.1 was junk,and they don't make it anymore

u-4.2 is suppose to be the better one now