PDA

View Full Version : TQRA winter series

beyer05
11-06-2002, 05:14 AM
I see TQRA is going to have a winter series. I hope I can make it to a few. I am shooting for Village Creek on the first of December.

Razorback
11-06-2002, 09:06 AM
get you bumper replaced? :D

btw, how's johnny doing?

there's four races scheduled right now for the winter series and should be more to come. i hope to make it to all of them. they're adding some new tracks too.

beyer05
11-06-2002, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I got a new bumper and started riding again and I feel WAY out of shape. The old lady just informed me that we had prior arrangements for that weekend, guess I did not realize it was Thanksgiving weekend. Oh well, maybe I can make the race after that.
Johnny is doing good. He is back at home getting around in his wheelchair. He is already frustrated and ready to ride, but they say he has 4-6 months before that will happen. But JH Racing is back in business as usual so that will keep him busy.
Everyone be safe and see you at the races.

Buzzsaw
11-06-2002, 05:46 PM
Who's got to the FMS race at Wheatherford this weekend?

Razorback
11-07-2002, 10:09 AM
i'm still planning on being there weather permitting. i don't feel like riding in a mud pit, so hopefully it'll be dry the rest of the week. i can't believe the sun has been out for 3 days straight now. i was beginning to wonder if it was still out there in the universe :D

MX26
11-07-2002, 06:43 PM
I'd like to make the Nocona race.

Oh. How did you guys like the weather today?(thursday) Beautiful here.

Razorback
11-07-2002, 07:30 PM
you got that right. sunny and about 75. i hope it stays this way for a little while.

MX26
11-08-2002, 07:09 AM
Yep. Perfect riding weather :)

Buzzsaw
11-08-2002, 08:31 PM
It's on tomorrow night!!

Razorback
11-09-2002, 12:16 AM
i'll be there. i'll probably park on the far back side. look for me and i'll look for you too.

Buzzsaw
11-09-2002, 06:25 AM
See you there.

MX26
11-09-2002, 09:49 PM
Well, its saturday night, you guys are out having fun at Weatherford, and I'm stuck here at home. Just got home from Merriman Park.. Been doing some work. That Luby's on Stickleman(sp?)rd. is VERY good.

Razorback
11-10-2002, 10:29 AM
You missed out on a good time. Weather was awesome. I talked to one of you/Dutch/Daniel's friends in the sign-up line. He races a dirt bike, and I can't remember his name, but he said none of ya'll would be there. They changed the track quite a bit, by filling in the parts of the first triple jump, so the landings aren't as deep, although the jumps are still the same length. Also, the rhythm section on the back side is now two table tops and they took away the two paths before the whoops and after the finish line.

I was pretty disappointed in the changes, because I really liked the old rhythm section. As usual for a FMS race, the braking bumps were pretty bad in spots, but otherwise it was a good track overall. There were 16 or 17 in the novice class, 11 in intermediate and only 4 in the pro class. It'll probably be my last FMS race, because we usually seem to get stuck as one of the last races and don't get out until 1:00am. Since the Winter Series is starting up, there will be plenty of racing for me.

Any luck on selling your quad?

MX26
11-10-2002, 08:02 PM
Jake? Yeah, that kid is SMOKIN fast. He's got a good lead on 125 Intermediate and Open for the Full Moon Series.

I loved the rhythm section of Weatherford. I especailly liked jumping off that last table. Did they change the whoops any? Those are the easiest whoops to blitz that I've ever ridden in. enter 3rd pinned, exit 3rd pinned :)

Would anyone be interested in riding the red river on hwy 37 this weekend? I'm not certain, but sorda planning to go.

Buzzsaw
11-11-2002, 07:13 AM
Thank i'm going to race at badlands next weekend in that area cross series.

Razorback
11-11-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by MX26
Jake? Yeah, that kid is SMOKIN fast. He's got a good lead on 125 Intermediate and Open for the Full Moon Series.

I loved the rhythm section of Weatherford. I especailly liked jumping off that last table. Did they change the whoops any? Those are the easiest whoops to blitz that I've ever ridden in. enter 3rd pinned, exit 3rd pinned :)

Would anyone be interested in riding the red river on hwy 37 this weekend? I'm not certain, but sorda planning to go.

Yeah, I think it was Jake. Pretty good guy.

They left the whoops alone. Only problem was you really couldn't get enough speed to hit the small double in front of them because they flattened out the burm right before it and the dirt was real thick, so no traction. I'll be out of town this weekend or I might have gone with you. Where is that riding area you speak of? It's not the one just north of Bonham is it?

MX26
11-11-2002, 05:02 PM
I'm going out on a limb to say that it's just north of Paris, but... I could be wrong. I'm guessing it to be about an hour and 45 minutes from here, so it would probably be farther from you. It's okay, we'll get together and throw some dirt sooner or later.

buzzy are they allowing quads in the arenaX? I might bring my R up there and let it slip around with some For Sale signs on it. I know there's this lady from somewhere in Mesquite that has been wanting to meet me, so hey, a 2 for 1 deal. Can't be bad!

I guess I could drop off a pic of my baby.. Been riding it most of the day.

MX26
11-11-2002, 05:05 PM
And one more..

I need to get my Razr Mx's and beadlocks back from Dutch :)

MxDale71
11-12-2002, 01:13 PM
So... I'm known as Dutch now? Hehe... thats cool. Much easier to pronounce than Douwe :huh :)

It doesn't look like I"ll be racing any time soon. I'll probably just stick with practicing for right now. I'll probably be at Badlands next Thursday and maybe I'll make it to Greenville or something this weekend if they're open.

MX26
11-12-2002, 03:33 PM
Yeah, you've always been Dutch.. or did you change your authenticity? Whoa that's a big word!

Well, Badlands is allowing quads Saturday night, so buzzy might get a glimpse of the R. Heh. Dunno though, still planning on going to the river.

Atomic83
11-12-2002, 04:01 PM
Hey, I think some of us STQRA guys are coming to the Village Creek race. So be looking forward to some tough competition.

beyer05
11-12-2002, 04:49 PM
Damn, I want to go. Oh well, maybe it will get rained out 'till the next weekend. Haha.

ChrisLRD
11-12-2002, 08:13 PM
If thats all you got on your bike and you think your going to be fast at VC, you got another thing coming , better get some wood
screws for your fenders cause they will get blown off!

Z 33

Buzzsaw
11-13-2002, 05:36 PM
Quads are a go for saturdays race at Badlands

Buzzsaw
11-15-2002, 08:43 AM
Mxdale greenville is open for practice like seven day a week. Russ changed the whoops up at badlands and you can fly through them, also I took a chance last night and hit #7, dude that thing throws you high and far!!!

MX26
11-15-2002, 12:46 PM
Double post..

MX26
11-15-2002, 12:47 PM
buzzsaw300 you're crazy!!

How was it? Did you over/under shoot it? I'd like to case it a couple times :) Whoops are a love of mine, and I can't wait to blitz the ones at Badlands. I might be there tomorrow night. Never can tell.

Dutch is in Houston getting his passport crap all good.. He might get exported. I have the Dale here at my house just in case everything goes "bad" :) JK

Buzzsaw
11-15-2002, 02:52 PM
Made it clean one out of three tries, caught the rears twice not to bad just a little seat bounce.

MxDale71
11-15-2002, 11:30 PM
Haha, I"m back from Houston. No, I'm not gonna be sent back to the Netherlands, lol.

D@mn buzzy, thats pretty cool man. I hope I can get the balls to do that jump sometime. More than likely I won't be doin it Thursday. It's been so long since I've been riding consistently that I will probably be back down to the Novice level. If you're gonna be at Badlands Thursday, I'll look for you. The last time I rode at Badlands I thought they were pretty easy. There were mostly novice riders there and they all said they thought they were hard, but they felt a lot like the Caddo whoops before he rebuilt those. I'm lookin forward to goin to the track again. It's been WAAAAAAAY to long.

beyer05
11-16-2002, 04:29 AM
Is #7 the double beside the finish line?

Buzzsaw
11-16-2002, 08:52 AM
THe jump your thank of beyer05 is #2, #7 is the big step down in the last straight before the first turn, But the whoop they broke them up you have like 6 or 8 then a roller then 6 or 8 more then berm. MXdale I race the nov. class bcause I've only race twice.

MxDale71
11-16-2002, 10:37 AM
You race novice? I have a feeling you might be faster than me so I hope I'm not stuck in Intermediate. I dunno... I'll see how practice goes on Thursday.

Beyer - Ya, that double next to the finish line is #2. That jump is pretty easy. I hope I can start jumpin that big step down (#7) soon, and I really want to start jumpin the choice triple (or whatever it's called). I don't think the finish line triple would be to bad, but I think I would have to get into 5th gear to make it and there's just something about jumpin in 5th that scares the livin dog ***** outta me. :o

I'm workin again so I should be back at the track again more often. :D

Buzzsaw
11-16-2002, 02:05 PM
Mxdale the choice triple is easy you just have to make the corner after the finishline and carry you speed to make it will at least I do on the 300. But if your backsiding #2 you will have no problem.

MX26
11-16-2002, 05:55 PM
Dutch your clutch cable is in Winnsboro. That dang thing is expensive!

beyer05
12-02-2002, 04:11 AM
Well, how did it go this weekend?

MxDale71
12-02-2002, 01:31 PM
Well, to say the least, I"m glad I went to the Novice class. I still got my @ss kicked. I ended up with 8th place and I can barely move today, hehe. Scott and Daniel were riding good I think Scott left with a 6th place in Int. and 5th in over 30 open while Daniel left w/ a 1st in 4-stroke open (a hard fought battle ;)) and 5th in Int.

I don't have any reasons for riding as slow as I did... I just wasn't fast. I need to practice, A LOT.

The Pro class was pretty awesome, Cody Miller got 1st, Hunter got stuck behind some guys but got around them and caught up to Cody, but just not enough laps to pass him. They had a he// of a race in the 1st moto but Cody was able to hold Hunter off the whole time.

Brandon Raymond got 1st in the Int. class, and Mark Krotky came home w/ the 1st place trophy in the over 30 open class.

All in all, there was some good racing going on. You shoulda been there man.

Razorback
12-02-2002, 07:23 PM
Couldn't have said it better. MxDale71 got it all right. It was a pretty good turnout considering it was about 30 degrees when we got there. I also found out I need to have my stock CDI with me when it's that cold. MxDale71 had to pull start me :D

MxDale71
12-03-2002, 12:03 PM
Hehe... woulda made a great picture. Me on the Cannondale having to pull start TWO Honda's.

It was VERY cold that morning. When I woke up, my quad and DJ's quad both had ice on them. It got a lot better though and it felt pretty good a little while after the sun came up.

MX26
12-03-2002, 04:30 PM
It's okay. Nobody should be ashamed to be pulled. Believe me, I've been pulled many times.. Too bad mine won't ever crank :(

Does anybody know if Caddo will be up for practice Sunday? If so, anybody wanna go? There's a few people from AtvConnection forums going, and I'd like to meet up with them, but I don't care anything about staying at Caddo all day.

Buzzsaw
12-03-2002, 06:12 PM
I'll go if it doesnt rain to much more that track needs some rain though

MX26
12-04-2002, 08:04 AM
I'm still not 100% positive I'll be there. I guess I'll know Saturday night. I'm going to take the tool box along with me, just in case. I have a leaky radiator hose, but I ordered a new one yesterday. Service Honda says that it will be slow since the season or whatever, but I should have it by next Monday. Hopefully I'll have time today or tomorrow to put some Rubber Cement or something in the hole, and pray it works. See you on the track.

krazykurtk
12-04-2002, 01:27 PM
Hey guys,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I see you guys are running TQRA races. I'll be living in Paris, TX from Jan-Mayish. Hope to run some races with you while I'm there. I was reading your posts...30 degrees and ice, that sounds nice right now. It was 5 out yesterday morning when I woke up. Our race season has been over for 2 months already. I'm already feeling out of shape! Can't wait to see how the competition differs among the class levels. Our AMA District 16 only has 3 classes for quads. I am also looking for people to ride with that may live near Paris if you know anyone. Later

MxDale71
12-04-2002, 02:18 PM
Hey dude, check out the "Quad Friendly Tracks" topic that MityMo posted. I posted some of the Texas tracks on there. The more quad racers, the better. Quad racings popularity is picking up a lot around here. We're really starting to get some attention now. At the beginning of the season most of the time there were only about a total of 10 or so quads w/ 2 classes (amature and pro), and now we're starting to see 40+ quads w/ 3 classes (Nov, Int, Pro). I believe the TQRA events were seeing 100+ quads.

zerorider
12-04-2002, 06:01 PM
Hey KrazyKurt, are you going to be working at KC in Paris. My brother in law works there and he said he might know you when I said something to him after you posted on the TQRA forum. His last name is Murchison. My son races, we live about 25 miles west of Paris.

krazykurtk
12-05-2002, 05:35 AM
mxdale71 - I here ya on the quad program. A new MX track opened up near my house. The guy that runs it is super and has been including us quad guys in on the action. He has treated us well his first year in existance building "Gravity Park". For his Friday night series, he started a C class that our district doesn't even run. This gives all the new-comers somewhere to start without us jumping doubles over them. He even held a Quadlympics event in October. All weekend event. Flat track, MX, & TT all at his facility. He is holding a winter one in January. Ice racing, etc.
I've seen the links to them tracks on TQRA website.

zerorider - Yes I work for KC and ya I know Barry. I worked with him on a project a while back, and I think he is on the project I'm going to be down there for.

I don't know if I am going to make it to any tracks for practice or racing in January. I work almost every day that month. Is it true that you guys get alot of rain in Feb? That is when I was hoping to start hitting the tracks more.

MX26
12-05-2002, 07:54 AM
Kurt, welcome aboard. There are quite a few guys that live in Paris that ride. Mostly they ride on the red river(drags), but hey, you're still on the seat. How long will you be down?

krazykurtk
12-05-2002, 09:32 AM
My tentitive stay is thru May. We'll see.

Buzzsaw
12-05-2002, 06:08 PM
Sold the 300 but if ya'll rided I'll still com out to Caddo. Good job hillbilly that was some tuff comp in the 4 stroke class.

MX26
12-05-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by buzzsaw300
Sold the 300 but if ya'll rided I'll still com out to Caddo. Good job hillbilly that was some tuff comp in the 4 stroke class.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Bring me some of that CASH ;)

HillBillY
12-07-2002, 09:18 PM
Yeah I really had to fight hard for that win.
It was close the whole race but I came out with the victory.

MxDale71
12-08-2002, 08:24 AM
The TQRA pics are posted on Village Creeks website.

MX26
12-09-2002, 05:23 PM
KrazyKurt, after seeing the pic of your EX upside down in the pond on that other post, I'm not so sure I want to ride with you? :huh ;)

Caddo was so muddy.. Im not even going to discuss it. Joe did say that if I wasn't at the next TQRA he was gonna kick my @$$.. and I sorda believe it :rolleyes:

QuadR8cer12
12-09-2002, 06:23 PM
Hey Texas riders! I ride a yellow 400EX. I am #12 ,I ride in the Inttermediate class. PM me or IM me at MX400EX12 Lata!

Buzzsaw
12-10-2002, 12:59 AM
What up Austin, I the guy with the orange 300 that races the full moon series. And david you should have known it was going to be a mud bog!

krazykurtk
12-10-2002, 05:30 AM
Ya, that was a trail ride a bunch of us went on. There was a blind chicane around a pond...at least blind when you're going too fast. That little incident could have been worse. Here is a pic of the quad not upside-down.
Is there any place in or near Paris that sells VP race gas (Red or C12).
We've been out playing on the ice oval up here, but I'd rather be on a MX track!

QuadR8cer12
12-10-2002, 05:24 PM
What up Austin, I the guy with the orange 300 that races the full moon series. And david you should have known it was going to be a mud bog! hey man! I cant wait to see everyone at the statr of the regular season of TQRA lata!!

MX26
12-10-2002, 05:30 PM
What up Austin, I the guy with the orange 300 that races the full moon series. And david you should have known it was going to be a mud bog!

Ahh Shut up. It didn't rain that much. I called around 10:30 and Hunter said it hadn't rained, and that there were quite a few people out there. By the time I got there, everyone had left(Except Amy Drake, and she got hurt) and it started raining. It wasn't so bad.. just remind me to never ride in mud again.

Randy and Tate both got their DS's stuck :)