PDA

View Full Version : I bought a dig cam and now I'm ticked

danney f
11-06-2002, 12:16 AM
I just went out and bought a digital camera, I've allways used my buddies and loved them. So I finally got my own. I was takeing pic of everything, my quads, my r/c truck, our dog and the kids. filled the memory on the camera in about 5 minutes, so than it was time to load it on the computer. I loaded the software and drivers and hooked up the camera, went to download the pics, and nothing. Made sure it was all hooked up and it was so I checked the drivers for the camera and it said none were installed, so I tried again, still nothing. Getting mad at this point. Tried once again and still no drivers. Thought maybe something was wrong with the disc, so I went to their web site and downloaded the drivers from there and still nothing, NOW I'M BOILING. I start reading through the hand book for the 50th time and finnally found my problem. I have windows 98. It call for windows 98se. I bet I spent 4 hours downloading and trying to set this thing up.

Man this sucks.
Just figured I'd relieve some stress, Sorry.

beerock
11-06-2002, 12:30 AM
if you have a usb port they make special media card tye usb plug ins for media cards.

it makes it easier.... might want to see if its possible to do with your type of camera

danney f
11-06-2002, 12:44 AM
I checked KaZaA and the have 98se on there. I'm thinking of downloading it.
Thanks, I'll check into that also.

QuadJunkies
11-06-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by danney f
I just went out and bought a digital camera, I've allways used my buddies and loved them. So I finally got my own. I was takeing pic of everything, my quads, my r/c truck, our dog and the kids. filled the memory on the camera in about 5 minutes, so than it was time to load it on the computer. I loaded the software and drivers and hooked up the camera, went to download the pics, and nothing. Made sure it was all hooked up and it was so I checked the drivers for the camera and it said none were installed, so I tried again, still nothing. Getting mad at this point. Tried once again and still no drivers. Thought maybe something was wrong with the disc, so I went to their web site and downloaded the drivers from there and still nothing, NOW I'M BOILING. I start reading through the hand book for the 50th time and finnally found my problem. I have windows 98. It call for windows 98se. I bet I spent 4 hours downloading and trying to set this thing up.

Man this sucks.
Just figured I'd relieve some stress, Sorry. What resolution are you using for your pics?You said that you are already out,If your not using the pics for photo quality printing or if your gonns use it alot posting pics, reduce the size and you will get LOTS more pics out of the memory card. I would spend antoher 40.00 or so and get a bigger memory card. Mine hold like 170 jpeg size pics and 40 high resolution.Have fun with your Cam..I love mine:):)

Castor-426ex
11-06-2002, 01:21 AM
if i were you id get rid of windows 98

nakomis0
11-06-2002, 01:31 AM
$50 and ill send you WinXP pro. That goes for anybody:D
Thats like more than half off.
just pm me.

Castor-426ex
11-06-2002, 01:34 AM
lmfao you hacker...hahaha actually i already got it...and Ill do it for 45....jk

nakomis0
11-06-2002, 01:34 AM
LoL.. shhh.

danney f
11-06-2002, 02:57 AM
Nakomiso

I'v got an older computer 200mhz and it came with win95. I'll be getting a new one come tax time. I have Windows XP PRO the Office version but the only thing I can use off of it is Word, Excel and Powerpoint, of witch I use a lot.

Quadjunkies

It came with 7mb in the camera itself and holds 14/fine-33/normal-54/econemy(sp)
I was useing normal like I said just got the camera and was playing around with it. Right now it doesn't matter because I can't get them on the computer, but they look good on the LCD.

Sportrax10
11-06-2002, 06:00 AM
danny f.... what kind of r/c truck do you have? i saw a show on them and i was thinking of getting one.... they look awsome:D :macho :blah

danney f
11-06-2002, 07:19 AM
I have the Traxxas Stampede, pretty cool. I really wanted a gas powered one but just couldn't make myself pay that much and than have to rebuiled it like every 2 or 3 tanks off gas. So I when with an electric 2wd with large tires for going through grass and climbing. It will problly do a little over 20 mph. It came ready to run only thing I needed was batteries and a charger. Look on www.Ebay.com they usually have pretty good deals but sometimes people are asking what they cost new so compare the prices with www.Towwerhobbies.com first before you buy.

NDrider
11-06-2002, 07:40 AM
Sounds like you have Office XP not Windows XP. Windows XP only cost about $3.40 shipped. 40 cents for the cd and $3.00 for shipping.:devil

Oh, by the way I am using Win98 with a kodak 3400 digi cam.

WinME and XP sux. IMO (In My Opinion)

Disclaimer: BEWARE of the Software Police:)

danney f
11-06-2002, 07:54 AM
Yup windows 98 and Office XP Pro
The camera requires windows 98se, I'm in the proccess of downloading it right now from KaZaA.

DGR Designs
11-06-2002, 09:13 AM
kool KaZaA is kinda kool it wouyld take me centuries to download a movie or software because i have dialup (grrrrr....)

danney f
11-06-2002, 09:44 AM
Thats what I've got -dialup- as of right now it says it has about 12hours left. Thats if I don't lose my conection.

CHAUNCY
11-06-2002, 09:51 AM
yea rc cars are awsome.
I have a kicker ramp that i made for it and i can get some good air. I have a losi xx buggy. I used to mob that thing so much and had so much fun. I also got myself a nice rc10gt that flys.

YLW400
11-06-2002, 10:14 AM
I went to Target danney F and got a memory card reader....it acts like another drive on your computer..It was only like 40.00. IMO it works the best and is easiest to use.

danney f
11-06-2002, 10:27 AM
I looked at those at wallmart if I remember they were$30 maybe it was $40 who knows. But to use those you have to by the extra memory card for the camera, as of right now I'm only useing the camera's 7mb memory. Once I get all of the Christmas shopping done, extra memory and the card reader will be on my list. Thanks for all the help peplz

Castor-426ex
11-06-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by 400ex&250ex
Sounds like you have Office XP not Windows XP. Dont let Nakomis and Castor screw you. :eek: Windows XP only cost about $3.40 shipped. :D 40 cents for the cd and $3.00 for shipping.:devil :devil

Oh, by the way I only use Win98 with a kodak 3400 digi cam.

WinME and XP sux. IMO

Disclaimer: BEWARE of the Software Police:D

Well anything based on windows 2000 is def more stable and less of a headache than 98..I have xp pro..it came pre loaded on my computer...but i have the full version as well..it wont be long before you wont be able to even get updates for the first version of win 98 because microsoft will be phasing it out...cause it sucks...And have you tried xp? Ive never once had a problem of program errors or crashes..besides the time that i got 590 trojan viruses...and i was still able to do my normal work....try that with 98

danney f
11-06-2002, 11:21 AM
A guy I work with got a viruse and it wiped out both of his hard drives. He had a 32gb hard drive that came with his computer and a 100gb that was only a month old. The viruse put partitions on them until it filled it and made it useless. He returned the new hard drive and his computer was under warranty So they replaced the hard drive for free. God bless warranties.

nakomis0
11-06-2002, 07:05 PM
I got one of these for sale...

Micron 800Mhz P3, with 680 ram, Radeon 7500 Graphics card, and ethernet card. No moniter. $400

Comes with a printer and scanner for an extra $50.

Cheap e-machine moniter for $25

I can get a pic if you want.

danney f
11-06-2002, 07:34 PM
I won't be in the market for one until after the first of the year. I'm still not sure if I'm going to buy a bare bone system from tigerdirect.com and build it up with what I want in it or just buy one complete.

Castor-426ex
11-07-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by nakomis0
I got one of these for sale...

Micron 800Mhz P3, with 680 ram, Radeon 7500 Graphics card, and ethernet card. No moniter. $400

Comes with a printer and scanner for an extra $50.

Cheap e-machine moniter for $25

I can get a pic if you want.

yeah and if you are talented you can make that 800mhz much much faster...heehee

i just got a new ati video card the 8500LE with 128 mb of ddr....pretty sweet so far my rig came with a geforce 3 ti 500

nakomis0
11-07-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex

yeah and if you are talented you can make that 800mhz much much faster...heehee

i just got a new ati video card the 8500LE with 128 mb of ddr....pretty sweet so far my rig came with a geforce 3 ti 500

We have 3 computers here.

A Dell 2.4Ghz, P4 with 1024 RdRam, Radeon 8500 graphics.. my Gf 'puter.

And mine is, a Athlon 1800+ (1536Mhz), Epox board, 512 DDR, Radeon 8500 Graphis. The chip has been modded for overclocking and has a larger heatsink w/fan, but I just never did it.

I use the 800mhz just about everyday, because my HD smoked on my machine. This 800 is real fast anyways.