PDA

View Full Version : 400ex help!!!! ????

400exwheelieboy
11-04-2007, 05:43 PM
ok well my dad says i cant wheelie my 400 anymore because everyone is telling him at the dealership that 400ex's starve from oil when they get put up in a wheelie for long. i have a 2002 _400ex and i wanna know if theres anything i can do to make it from stop starving oil.. like a different tank or something. btw i recently blew it up so we took it to a local shop and he said the same thing.. "did u wheelie it alot?" i said yeah all the time.. and he said "theres your problem" ..

rooster_20
11-04-2007, 06:10 PM
I dont know man I know people that wheelie forever and dont blow up.

400exwheelieboy
11-04-2007, 06:14 PM
ahh.... well i have like a bajillion peepl tell me its bad for it .. so idk i really wanna get to the bottom of this..

trx400EXtreme
11-04-2007, 06:16 PM
ive had my 400ex for about 3 1/2 years, and i wheelie.....ALOT. never had a problem.

boosted3g
11-04-2007, 06:24 PM
It will wont hurt it as far as starving for oil.

atvmaster0927
11-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Its because it is not like a suzuki with the newer engines, which pump gas while wheeliing. Idk it was inanother thread on here, just search for it, you'll find ur answer.

REPOMAN
11-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by 400exwheelieboy
ahh.... well i have like a bajillion peepl tell me its bad for it .. so idk i really wanna get to the bottom of this..
looks like you already have your mind made up

honda_runner
11-04-2007, 08:17 PM
yea, tell those guys they are crazy. I've rode a wheelie for a mile before, and nothing. thats the craziest thing i've heard.

11-04-2007, 08:23 PM
yeah i think it wasnt because of the wheelie, i think it was lack of oil in the tank to begin with. you may have had oil in it but not a lot. my 1 friend does only stunting while riding wheelies on his 400ex no problems. my other friend is a wheelie maniac, every chance he gets the front tires are off the ground, he has done one of the longest wheelies i have seen in person and no problems. i say it was because lack of oil

400exwheelieboy
11-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Nahh.... I don't really care wat other ppepl say I was just trying to get to tha bottom of this... and I check my oil everytime I ride, and it was at the full mark where that little circle,but the crank locked up so..... idk I rode 2 miles in a wheelie,I cld ride wheelies without hittng the gas, I cld do 1 handed wheelies, no footed wheelies,highchair wheelies,seat standing wheelies,andnac nac wheelies. ....

81 clark racing
11-05-2007, 05:09 AM
idk man but i dont think thats true ive wheelied my 400 across like a 2 mile pond b4 with out putting it down and shes still good to go. you shouldnt have brought it to a shop there going to RAPE YOU! buy a clymer manual and do it your self its not that bad

QuadManiac
11-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Do these "bajillion people" know anything about the hardware over which they are providing suggestions?

The 400ex uses a dry sump oil system. As long as there's oil in the tank, (and the oil pump is not broken) the bike will get proper lubrication.

And as bad as it may sound, most dealer service reps know next to nothing about the individual bikes they are taking in.

CarGuy7a
11-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by QuadManiac
Do these "bajillion people" know anything about the hardware over which they are providing suggestions?

The 400ex uses a dry sump oil system. As long as there's oil in the tank, (and the oil pump is not broken) the bike will get proper lubrication.

And as bad as it may sound, most dealer service reps know next to nothing about the individual bikes they are taking in.

X2

REPOMAN
11-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by QuadManiac

well said x3

appleman400ex
12-13-2007, 12:15 PM
thats stupid ive been wheeling for years and nothing has happened. If any thing i would say wheelies would put more oil through the hose seeing how it is at the back bottom of the tank. usally you stall just cause your not getting fuel to the motor.
wheelie on!

nick249420
12-13-2007, 06:50 PM
riding wheelies isnt hard on them
if that were true going up steep inclines would be hard on it because its tilted back

only thing that is truly hard on them while riding a wheelie would be shifting

when you shift gear on a wheelie all the weight of the quad is on your tranny ..unless you can use the clutch to shift while wheelieing

Ruby Soho
12-13-2007, 07:03 PM
did you check your oil while the bike was cold? you'll get odd readings if it is

TheNewn
12-14-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm rather surprised the rep at the stealership could even see what kind of quad it was. Considering how far his head must have been up his ***.

Most of the other posters i agree with, most reps know next to nothing about the quads and will say whatever comes to mind. My suggestion would be to find another dealer.

I really don't think your wheelies did anything to cause this. If 400EX's have this problem from wheelies, i know about 5 people personally that should have gone to the dealer long long ago to get their quads fixed.