PDA

View Full Version : works shock air valve

fasterz69
11-04-2007, 05:29 PM
i was wondering if i could put air in my valve on my works, i just want to add some air to the gas but will that screw them up. oh and how should i oil them to stop squeeking

Eviltanker
11-05-2007, 06:43 AM
NO AIR!!!
Have them charged with more gas.
I believe you meen grease the ends to stop the squeak? All I do is take the shocks off and put some grease on the bolt shafts and in the eyes.

fasterz69
11-05-2007, 07:49 AM
ok i will try to find a local place that can put some gas in them for me and yes i meant grease so thanks

tank69
11-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by fasterz69
ok i will try to find a local place that can put some gas in them for me

Why do you feel that they need gas? How much riding time do you have on them? Are they setup to your riding ability, style and weight? Have you adjusted them at all?

If I were you, I would send the shocks in and request them to be setup to your weight, riding style (MX, CC, Desert, etc.) and your ability (trail rider, novice, intermediate, pro, etc.)

bwamos
11-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Aye, it's HIGH pressure nitrogen in there. I doubt you need more unless you accidentally let some out.

If you need more resistance, you need retuned. Shocks or valving.

These aren't air shocks. They are oil filled (w/ some nitrogen), ball and check diaphram shocks. Or whatever the heck the proper terminology is.