PDA

View Full Version : what setup should i use?

m36indiana
11-04-2007, 04:42 PM
i plan on racing harescrambles next year, what kind of setup should i have? any suggestions would help?

ride-to-live
11-04-2007, 05:14 PM
You will need better suspension then power in a harescramble. I would get Houser +1 A-Arms, Elka Front and Rear Shocks, Houser +1 Swingarm, Lonestar +1 Axle, Beadlock front and rear tires, Full Skids, but yea more suspenion stuff then power. Thats what i would do, but hey its opinion.

jesseweaver
11-04-2007, 07:57 PM
it depends on your bank too. for all the stuff above, you'll prolly fork out over 5g. it also depends on how competitive you are racing, like what class.

11-04-2007, 08:20 PM
suspension is the biggest part of quads. just a better suspension will reduce times and fatigue. the houser +1 is what i hope to get eventually because i'm in some pretty tight trails at times and need the added stability without being a +2 mx rac quad with because with +2 i would not make it through some spots. suspension wise i'm not sure why your saying elka because there are so many other choices that are better. I look at Elka as overpriced because of the name. for the price of Elkas you could get a suspension that is better. might i suggest steel braided brake lines... i do basically all trail riding and the steel braided brakes make everything so much easier because they make you stop faster with less effort and play. everything ride-to-live sounds correct except for me questions suspension choice and the +1 swingarm