PDA

View Full Version : tranny fix?????

tom450r
11-04-2007, 01:38 PM
ok maybe it's been found & I missed it but what is the secret to keeping these transmissions together. I have a girl that is fast & loves to land on the gas, which is the only way to go fast & be smooth for her so i don't want to stop her. But i now need a bullet proof tranny. this is a 07 DRR 90 any & all help would be greatly app. THANKS

hotquads1
11-04-2007, 02:33 PM
the case saver with outer bearing support is a big help and we suggest upgrading the needle bearing in the trans to heavy duty, also slpipper sprocket for those that dont mind the maintaimance.
we have it all in stock including stronger replacement gears.
marc

tireman43
11-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Not to sound rude, but you need to teach her to let off the gas or you're never gone stop the breakage. You also won't stop spending the money to fix it. There are ways to help, as Marc stated, but nothing bullet proof.
Kevin

tom450r
11-04-2007, 04:38 PM
no prob. about the being rude everyone has an opinion. but i race quads also (in a little bigger class of course) & landing on the gas is the only way to soak up any bad landing & she was landing off the gas for awhile when she first started & that didn't work, she was slower by far & smashing her face in to the bars. bottom line is she's fast this way & i need a fix no matter what even if it means shoe horning another motor in here so if there is no fix that maybe my only option. i just want to know before i start trying. so tireman i thank you for any help, any answer is better than no answer at all. thanks TOM by tireman43 [/i]
Not to sound rude, but you need to teach her to let off the gas or you're never gone stop the breakage. You also won't stop spending the money to fix it. There are ways to help, as Marc stated, but nothing bullet proof.
Kevin [/QUOTE]

wvspeedfreak
11-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Hotquads1 you have a pm :)

Nichols Atvs
11-04-2007, 05:06 PM
THere maybe an option just will not know untill i make a call on monday will give results of call monday night.

ecmini1
11-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Like hot quad Stated nothings bullet proof we have fix over a dozen transmissions this year using the bushing mod and case saver combo and had 0 come back. The slipper sprocket cant be used with the case saver unless maching is done to the case saver but with all 3 Items in use it is about as close as your going to come.

As for the letting off Sorry man with the style transmissions on these minis it has to be done , I under stand where your comming from about landing on the gas but we have clutch plates that slip on the landing alowing it to give on our machines. These minis have gear to gear and when you have that much mass spining and comes to a stop WHAM something has to give so happens its the gears. Untill she moves to a blaster or 300ex this is only option dont get down on the product its a great machine just has to be riden diffrent.

Hope this info helps ya
Ride safe.

bulldogfallon
11-04-2007, 06:23 PM
DRR has a slipper sprocket and hardened gears available..

or at least available soon

We have them being tested

I'll let you know how they work out

The slipper seems to work "IF" care is used.....keeping it torqued to spec and watching it like a hawk...torque and retorque

and keep spare discs with you

quadnana7
11-06-2007, 10:58 PM
try calling Dave Carter his new clutch system shouild be complete

Nichols Atvs
11-07-2007, 05:30 AM
Just talked to dave hes still waiting on a couple of things will be about two weeks call and reserve your today

bulldogfallon
11-07-2007, 05:40 AM
I spoke with Dave at great length and this is not just bolt on fix like a slipper sprocket....and it is still not ready to be sold to the public yet

There are mods that need to be done, so let's not push this into everyone's head before it is ready and able to used by the masses.

Marc at Hot Quads and Chad at ECMINI have options that will keep your trannys much safer than in stock form.

I would trust their "experienced" opinion with a product that has been proven to work....

bulldogfallon
11-07-2007, 06:04 AM
When Dave's product is available with his stamp of approval I am confident it will be a top notch product that will work as he says it will.

His products are great and he stands behind them 100%

dcarter
11-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Hello Everyone,
Okay here is the scoop on the slipper clutches! We have been testing the set up with tony conners daughter. She has not torn up the tranny gears up since we installed the unit on her bike.
Now here is where we are I belive the first thing that should be done is our dual row needle bearing set up. This requires modifing your cases. We put the cases in our cnc mill and machine them to take the new bearing and a bushing with smaller od seal to keep the oil in the tranny. This i feel is a must!!!!
Now the slipper clutch set up requires your clutch cover to be modified we do that here. This will give the clearance needed for the new set up. you will us your regular rear pulley and shoe set up with our new stuff. You may have to run two kick cover gaskets.
I want to be totally honest with every one, while i feel this will stop the gear breakage in the tranny I can not say it is a 100% fix. We try to build the best products we now how and have spent a lot of time in design and testing. That being said these units will be ready next week. Thanks Dave

Nichols Atvs
11-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Dave
Nice to see your taking a little break from the grind we all know how hard you have been working. we all need that every now and then .Go ahead and sip your coffee today.

Heath

bulldogfallon
11-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Hey Dave....Good to see you posting on the forum....

I think most of the riders here use your suspension set up so, you should stop by more often and say hello

Keep up the great job on these mini products!!

hotquads1
11-07-2007, 03:04 PM
aka SUPER DAVE !

mxdad423
11-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey Dave good to see you on here, Can't wait to see Brandon's new long travel front end. Sent the swing arm out today you should have it Friday or Monday.

On another note, as far as Dave's new slipper clutch, if he says it works it does. I have bought alot of parts that Dave makes and everything is top notch and has great craftsman ship. We will definately be trying out one of his new clutch set ups.

Hey Dave thanks for all the help over the years, you have really been great to us. Keep up the great work, I would be lost without you........

Kevin Smitley

tom450r
11-07-2007, 05:34 PM
THIS SET OF CASES WILL BE SHIPPED ASAP TO DAVE FOR HIS RECOMMENDATIONS & THANKS TO GARY, DAVE, ECT. FOR ALL THE HELP. i WILL UPDATE ON HOW THIS WORKS OUT.

Hetrick Racing
11-08-2007, 07:18 AM
If this helps David and I have been working on this for a long time with Davids machine background,when he gets this finished it will work.
There are no better gears available
There are currently no products on the market that I would waste my money on at this time to help with this problem.

wheresrichie
11-09-2007, 08:24 AM
How do I get ahold of Dave so I can send him my parts for the tranny upgrade?

Thanks for your help. "Team Bulletproof Plating"

bulldogfallon
11-09-2007, 08:34 AM
501-472-9668 Dave's #

smelldog
11-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Dave's system is totally awesome. We blew 12 tranny's before Dave allowed us to test it. We have raced 15 races on it and the gears are showing no wear. She is landing with the gas pinned wide open. 5 time points champion thanks to Dave Carter, Billy Holt, and our engine Builder Paul.

jjd223
12-01-2007, 04:43 PM
is this fix for just the DRR bikes or all CVT bikes?

Nichols Atvs
12-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Any cvt call Dave Carter he is doing the fix you need to send him your engine cases and he can also do it with the engine together he told me.

smelldog
12-02-2007, 07:12 AM
The tranny saver will work on any of the cvt that I know about.
We have it on a pro-shark. I will be putting it on an apex and on a eton. This set up Dave has put together is just plane awsome.
Landing in the gas was where the Honda were alot better. With this it's going to change things.