PDA

View Full Version : Cams?

eastside 400
11-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Right now i have a baldwin motor, 14:1 piston, port, gonna have a CRF carb, ti. intakes and the baldwin drop in cam which i think is just a crf cam, well i bought a practice bike and my race motor needs some work done(trans is locked up) i want to put a cam in the practice bike so i was thinking of using the baldwin cam in that and buy a bigger one for the race bike, im wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what cam to put in the race bike to replace the baldwin, i dont want something thats gonna eat springs and valves but if theres something that makes some more power.Thanks

chad502ex
11-05-2007, 09:38 AM
sounds like your already convinced to go with baldwin...

baldwin is an excellent builder.

eastside 400
11-05-2007, 12:01 PM
no im asking what cam would be a good replacement for the baldwin in the race motor, i want some more power out of that motor now that it wont be used every weekend...

pro-rider46
11-05-2007, 08:02 PM
im not too sure about this but if you can get a web mysto that cam is HUGE. so is a web 208, what do you think about those to cams chad?

chad502ex
11-05-2007, 08:17 PM
its not always about installing the biggest cam,... a build can be tuned around a cam to maximize the power under the curve...

meaning it is possible to get more overall power using a smaller cam, then installing a monster cam not tuned in to maximize its benefits...

it just kinda depends on the build...

my favorite 'under the curve' with the greatest average is the Web 493,... great for my, climbs, drag, and fast xc... imho...