PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this will really work?

2K1 300EX
11-05-2002, 10:35 PM
Do any of you think this cooling kit will help out?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1579654034

I don't think it would help that much b/c it would be blocking more air. What are your opinions?

danney f
11-05-2002, 11:42 PM
First thing I noticed was that the motor a bracket was so big that it would block most of the air and second the fan needs some type of gard on it. Looks like the fist time those blades hit any thing(mud, dirt, sticks, ect....) they'd bin pretty easy. But anything that helps cool the engine is a plus, just think I could come with something a little better. Just my 2 cents.

oregonrider89
11-05-2002, 11:56 PM
I put a computer fan just behind my stock oil cooler. I haven't rode with it yet so I can't tell you how it works. When I get a larger cooler I'm going to hook-up a big fan, (on a toggle switch) behind it to help when Doing lots of hole-shots and drag racing. Where we drag it gets busy so you have to wait , I think the fan would be good in that situation. The one on ebay doesn't look to solid.

oregonrider89

danney f
11-06-2002, 12:23 AM
You can run a computer fan on a 12v system?

Castor-426ex
11-06-2002, 01:27 AM
here is what i think...no way is that fan or a computer fan gonna aid in cooling...perhaps when the motor is not moving...but when the quad is in motion all thats gonna do is restrict air..matter of fact..the air you are riding against is probably gonna over spin the fan ...which will prob result in it breaking..

oregonrider89
11-06-2002, 12:14 PM
odviously the fan won't help when the quad is in motion, I hope you didn't stay up all night thinking about that. The computer fan probobly won't help but a larger fan behind a larger oil cooler will help at slower speeds like hillclimbing or when stopped waiting to drag.

danny f. I connected the fan to a couple auxiliary plugs by the battery. This is an easy place to kook it up and it runs when the lights are on. The fan runs fine and when it breaks it was only $14 and east to replace if worth it. It will be easy to swap in a larger fan when I get my oil cooler, and be more beneficial then.

oregonrider89