PDA

View Full Version : maintenance questions

450raider
11-04-2007, 12:14 PM
well ive got a few small problems, first it has to do with do with vibration- heard not felt now a few weeks ago i heard an annoying plastic to metal vibration on the right side and it turned out to be a bolt missing out of the heel guard so i fixed it, now its making the same noise on the other side but everythings all good and in place so does anyone have any tips on where it might be coming from? and secondly tat little cluster thing that has the light switches and estart is loose, anyone tran into this yet? ive tightened the little screws on the bottom except for this allen head looking thing and i dont want to mess with it since i dont know what it is.

thanks for any info

Draagondude
11-05-2007, 05:29 AM
well i lost about 10 bolts so far lol about yours check the bolt that hold the heel guards to the frame and do it befor u ride again cus if it has falling out and u land a jump with heels in the guard it will bend alot it goes to the subframe u cant miss it and in my opinion take a few bolts out and go to a hardwear store and buy a bag full of em most of the bolts that fall out are only 2 diffrent sizes i cant remmber the size but i bought alot of em

450raider
11-06-2007, 03:45 PM
i checked everything all around the heelguards and its all tightened and yet the noise still persist, ill have to wear freakin earmuffs the next time i go ridin :D nonot really but i would lind to find it and get rid of it, any other suggestions?

Draagondude
11-06-2007, 03:59 PM
umm my radiator shroud the black one rattles and is annoying mabie yours is to hard to tell cus i cant hear it lol ]

KAWIRYDER
11-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Mine will rattle on the left side from the chain moving up and down on the guide plate. Hope that helps.

450raider
11-20-2007, 07:20 PM
oki still dopnt know where its coming from but i find while im riding at about contant 3/4 throttle the noise seems to get in sync and it kinda goes away then when i let off it starts right back up and to kind of replicate what it sounds like its more of a dremel thats turned on but has nothing in the end of it. any thoughts?

Draagondude
11-20-2007, 08:04 PM
take it to a mechanic he wont charge u to listen to it. keep us updated~

450raider
11-24-2007, 02:43 PM
alright called the dealer and after they said id have to leave it there for like a day and a half just to look at it, i decided to do some serious combing and heres what i got: it was my prm swingarm skid rubbing up against the swingarm which looked fine to me when i took it off but then my brother noticed a little hump by where it goes by the bottom of the shock, and its pretty smooth so im not sure if i hit a rock or if its factory doings so i beat it with a hammer and that seems to have fixed it for now so i think ill go get a sander tomorrow and finely straighten out the whole thing and see how it goes from there, so in conclusion if you hear a vibration noise and dont think it could possibly be your skidplate (like i didnt) well you may be suprised.

Drewltr450
11-28-2007, 07:59 PM
aluminum skidplates always vibrate even if i tighten them theyl still vibrate if you dont want that to happen anymore get a tag metals plastic skid

KAWIRYDER
11-28-2007, 09:01 PM
When I contacted TAG they told me they aren't making a plastic skid for the KFX.