PDA

View Full Version : Pro Armor Skid Plates

chipworkz
11-03-2007, 11:25 PM
I just finished installing this full chassis skid plate and I would highly recommend it to anyone. You could not ask for a better built product and the fit is exceptional. I started the front bolts at the lower bumper mount and when I pivoted the skid plate up the rear bolts lined up perfectly. They even include rubber strips to put between the skid plate and frame where they come into contact. I also installed the swing arm skid plate and again the fit was perfect. There is ample clearance between the disk brake and the skid plate. There is also plenty of clearance between the chain and plate but not as much as on the disk brake side. If you went with a much larger sprocket you may run into clearance problems but I don’t think many people will be going with a larger sprocket. No modifications were required on either product. I am so impressed with the quality I am going to order their nerf bars tonight.
It is nice to buy a product that fits like it should!

Yee-Haw_400EX
11-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Pics?

spincr4hire
11-05-2007, 06:16 AM
I've got the frame skid as well, Its made very well and mounts up great. I did put some additional foam under mine to keep down the vibration.

erac4019
11-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
I've got the frame skid as well, Its made very well and mounts up great. I did put some additional foam under mine to keep down the vibration.
So are you dumping the KFX for next year and running the LTR with the rest of the cardiostack crew or will they let you keep it?

spincr4hire
11-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by erac4019
So are you dumping the KFX for next year and running the LTR with the rest of the cardiostack crew or will they let you keep it?
selling it, you buying? lol

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3029694#post3029694

I love the Kawi though, just hard to pass up the deal on the Suz.

erac4019
11-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Sorry, I just picked up my new kfx at Honda east in Toledo last Thursday... I wish you had yours for sale then, it has everything I'm adding to mine :confused: except I'm ging to run DWT beadlocks instead of Hipers. :devil:

chipworkz
11-05-2007, 12:55 PM
I will take and post some pics after I install the nerf bars this week.