PDA

View Full Version : Screwed By Honda

pats2007450er
11-03-2007, 11:14 PM
TOOK MY 2007 450R TO THE HONDA SHOP WHERE I PURCHASED IT 40 MILES AWAY FOR THE RECALL ON THE REDUCTION CLUTCH.DROPED IT OFF AND TOLD HER TO GO AHEAD AND DO BOTH RECALLS.I CALL TWO WEEKS LATER AND SHE SAID THEY WOULD HAVE IT FIXED IN TWO DAYS ON A MONDAY.WELL I CALLED MONDAY SHE SAID THEY HAD NEVER REPLACED A REDUCTION CLUTCH.I CALL TWO MORE WEEKS LATER AND SHE SAID THAT THEY WERE WORKING ON IT AND IT WOULDNT START AND SHE SAID TO CALL BACK ON FRIDAY 4 DAYS LATER.I GOT A CALL ON FRIDAY FROM THE BICYCLE LOFT AT HONDA AND SHE SAID IT WAS READY FOR PICKUP.I GO UP THERE AND SHE GIVES ME A BILL OF $254.98 DOLLARS AND I WAS LIKE WHAT THE HELL.I PAID FOR 5 YEAR WARRENTY WHEN I BOUGHT IT.WELL I ENDED UP PAYING $254.98 SO I COULD GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE BEFORE I BLEW UP.I LOOK AT MY BILL WHEN I GET HOME AND THEY CHARGED ME $187.58 TO ADJUST MY VALVES WHEN I NEVER TOLD HER TO DO IT.THEY CHARGED ME FOR 10 VALVE SHIMS AND A SPARK PLUG.WELL NEED TO SAY THEY DIDNT CHANGE MY SPARK PLUG CAUSE I RUN A COLD PLUG CAUSE I RUN KLOTZ NITRO.I HAD MY VALVES ADJUSTED TWO WEEKS BEFORE I TOOK IT TO THEM AND IT COST ME $64.00 DOLLARS.AFTER I GOT HOME I WENT RIDING WITH A FEW FRIENDS AND I LOOKED DOWN AND THERE WAS OIL OR SOMETHING COMING OUT THE CAM CHAIN TENSNER.MY VALVES STARTED TO CHATTER REAL BAD.I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS BESIDES THE RECALL TILL NOW.WHEN THEY WORKED ON IT THEY DIDNT EVEN CHANGE THE OIL.IT OVER HEATS I HAVE NO IDEA WHY.IM JUST SICK TO MY STOMACK.ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS KIND OF PROBLEM THAT I HAVE EXSPERINCED?:confused:

zeus54
11-04-2007, 01:24 AM
ALL I CAN SAY IS HELL NAH!!!!!! I BE PISTOL WHIPPIN' SOME FOOLS.:cuss:

11-04-2007, 04:57 AM
honda didn't screw you, the dealership did..contact honda and talk to them...and def. do not take it to this dealership again

440challenger
11-04-2007, 07:16 AM
WOW ...............

Rulz
11-04-2007, 07:16 AM
Should have never paid them!! The only thing you can do now is bring the bill back to the service manager and ask why you were billed for service you did not ask for. When you drop something off intending to get warranty work done, the dealership should never do work that is not covered under the warranty unless they contact you first and get your OK. If you get no satisfaction with the service manager, ask to speak to the general manager or the store owner! Do not leave that store until you get a full refund!

GIXXER1KR
11-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Wow 10 valve shims on a bike with only 4 valves and a plug.My plug has over 2 years on it!!!:confused: :devil:

bloodmoney23
11-04-2007, 07:55 AM
shouldnt have paid them.......personally I would take it somewhere else. if you bought a 5 year warranty then it is good at any dealer you take it too. or take it back there and tell them you want a new bike.....like 10 minutes ago. 10 valve shims?? wtf go ask her where your other 6 are......call the better business beureu or the bbb......i dont know how to spell it but you can screw that whoel place over.

Turboderf
11-04-2007, 08:39 PM
The DEALER scewed me also took my 06 450r in for a noise the timming chain was some loose you could almost jump a teeth i also had a extened warranty they needed tear down time of 200.00 but all would coved but after tear down HONDA WARRANTY Decleind the repair so i got my engine back in a box so i canceled my warranty got back 737.61. repaired it myself Iam still fighting with them and then they have the balls to send me a customer satisfaction survey well guess how nice i was:D :D :D HONDA WARRANTY SUCKS so good luck with calling them i would just keep calling and calling to bug the SHE out of them

flyboy62
11-05-2007, 01:31 PM
yea my dad got screwed by honda. i highly recommened NOT getting honda warranty!

400ex45
11-05-2007, 04:24 PM
this has nothing 2 do with honda! it is the dealership that screwed u. and the warrenty has nothing to do with this. a recall is free no matter if u have a warranty or not. i work in service 4 a dealership and all of those recalls no one has ever payed for it. and if you did need the valves adjusted they should of ask ur permission first. and at the worst u should of only b charged for 4 shims.

11-05-2007, 04:42 PM
If you didn't sign a repair order autherizing the job I wouldn't have paid. I would call Honda and tell them the story.

Unverfehrt400ex
11-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Not to change the subject or anything but i was just curious as the what the recals are on the 07's i havnt heard anything about it

TRX450RACER174
11-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
If you didn't sign a repair order autherizing the job I wouldn't have paid. I would call Honda and tell them the story.

I also work at a dealer and you have to have a signed work order with a estimate to check out or perform repairs, I would get involved with you states commision that moniters repair facilities and open a case against the dealership if you get nowhere with them on a refund. You can call Honda customer relations but that won't get you anywhere since every dealer is independently owned and operated.

Turboderf
11-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I Still have a problem with HONDA two dealership said that they cant do anything with the a-arm recall ..the recall was done by a dealer out of town both of my 06 450rs had the arms done and less when 6 months from the repair i have alot of play in the a-arm bushings on uppers on both bike and the two dealers that near by will not help me i called HONDA they said i need to go to the dealer and theres no factory rep that i can meet with ..so its all up to the dealer so i think HONDA WARRANTY SUCKS .. now that comes from something thats worked in service for over 20 years as a machinc (toyota and lexus) we alway tryed to help someone out that needed help like just out of warranty or no service anyways i got screwed by the dealer or honda or how ever it still sucks beware of off road warrantys :mad:

TRX450RACER174
11-05-2007, 06:17 PM
You said it yourself OFF-ROAD, what do you expect it's a off road machine there is no warranty, and the recall was for ball joints not upper arm bushings, bite the bullet and replace them, they are wearable parts, It's called maintenance after being a mechanic you should know all about that, I spend $500 a year or more on maintenance on my 450 and thats if i don't break anything.

450rJam
11-05-2007, 06:47 PM
your dealers suck, not honda

I took my 06 in because the starter wouldnt engage (a year afer I bought it) and I did not get the extended waranty (just the 6 month that came with it)

they adjusted the valves, changed the oil, replaced the one way starter clutch, and another gear in the starter, they did the lower throttle arm and the a-arm recalls
it cost me $80.00 (they fixed the starter for free)

about two months after they fixed the starter I got the recall for the starter upgrade (Im getting all the use out of this one before I take it in for another one)

all dealers are not created equal

Turboderf
11-05-2007, 08:45 PM
off road dont have warranty then why did they sell a 800.00 extended warranty for .. and for the ball joints they do replace the a-arms and the bushing come with a-arms they should last alittle longer then 4 months i do not race and how come theres no one other then the dealer that i can talk to by the way the dealer handles things i did not see anything in the owners manual about maintenance on the a-arms as far as the maitenance go what would happen if you went by the oil maintenence like 12 month or 100 hours you motor would not last very long and i dont have a problem spending money on the maint. honda do like to here that i do all my own service work like oil and the valve adjustment iam 25 year ase master certified i dont you can say that for the people that work in the shop (dealer) there all young guys dont get me wrong i like honda products i have a shop full of them i just think the way they handle problems suck leaving it up to the dealers

xcracer416
11-05-2007, 09:02 PM
i dunno what advice to give you. my dealership will not warranty any work done if it has aftermarket mods to the exhaust,air filter, or enigne. some are like that.

Turboderf
11-05-2007, 09:16 PM
the daeler said i must race because of nerf bars and razor tires

TRX450RACER174
11-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Don't get me wrong i understand your frustration, I work for a HONDA dealer but on the auto side and vehicle warranty compared to atv/motorcycle warranty is totally different, extended warranty's are not usually carried thru the manufacturer for offroad vehicles, it's usually thru a outside company, i hate to see people in these bad situations but they have to realize that it's not the manufactures fault, there is a customer relations line for honda products and thats who i would call, most dealers have reps for service depts and can authorize claims, but in the end really it's not the manufacturer it's the dealership who is at fault.

bloodmoney23
11-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Dudes, the extended warranty, no offense, is to screw people over that bought them. Honda didnt get paid because of that warranty, the dealerships salesman pocketed that money. Its not Honda's fault yall live by crappy dealerships! Just let it go. If you would have bought a service manual you could have fixed it yourself for 5 years for the price ya paid on the warranty.

400exrider707
11-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Read up, learn a bit, fix it yourself... you know what they say, if you want it done right....;)

Old450rguy
11-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Man , I'm glad I don't have to deal your dealership. They sound like a bunch of con-artists.:grr:

sunco
11-09-2007, 08:00 PM
yea, ditto, I got problems w/ the honda dealer in eastern PA w/ the warranty on my 04. I feel ripped off.

sc400ex_rider
11-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Turboderf
the daeler said i must race because of nerf bars and razor tires

LOL