PDA

View Full Version : Flags

Dune Surfer
11-05-2002, 09:43 PM
Hey Ben let us get EX Riders flags. Some of the members have designs and are ready to go. If not you set it up and we will buy them from you.

QuadTrix6
11-06-2002, 12:06 PM
yea flags is a cool idea, i think ben should use our designs and sell them in the store it will raise some money for the site :cool:

QuadJunkies
11-06-2002, 02:15 PM
I want one too.I think its a great Idea.

Ben
11-07-2002, 08:47 AM
I looked into it and in order for me to break even you have to get 200 pre-orders with down payments. Once you do this I'll get it started of my end. Without 200 orders I will lose money on the deal, and with 200 orders I won't make a cent so this is really just to help you guys out :) $10 a flag. If this works let me know - I assume someone will head this up, I'll need to know who.

Thanks, Ben

QuadJunkies
11-07-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Ben
I looked into it and in order for me to break even you have to get 200 pre-orders with down payments. Once you do this I'll get it started of my end. Without 200 orders I will lose money on the deal, and with 200 orders I won't make a cent so this is really just to help you guys out :) $10 a flag. If this works let me know - I assume someone will head this up, I'll need to know who.

Thanks, Ben Ben, 10.00 is more than fair, I want one so add me to the list...maybe three more too

Dune Surfer
11-07-2002, 07:28 PM
$10 per flag sounds goog. I'll take three.

Ben
11-07-2002, 07:37 PM
Line up 196 more and we'll move on it :)

JOEX
11-07-2002, 08:03 PM
I'd be in for about a half dozen. But I want to see some designs first.

Joe

josh
11-09-2002, 05:12 PM
ya, if ya got flags that i could use in the sand dunes then i don't mind spending 10 bucks to advertise for the site, i think a cool idea is to do national flags, like for our canadians make a canadian flag disign with the exriders logo in the middle or on it somewere, same with the U.S. flag and so on..............but shouldn't u charge like.....13 or 15 for a custom flag, that way u could make a few extra bucks, cuz those plain orange dune flags are 10 bucks so u could charge a few more dolla for the time and design

just a thought

11-10-2002, 10:51 AM
Striker had a great design from the "open form" thread. Can we go for that?? I would love to get 1 maybe two...even though we don't quad on the dunes we still have very steep hills we climb and a lot of people can't see us climb them.

josh
11-11-2002, 08:53 PM
i'd be in for 1 or 2, but i also wanna see some disigns, and would they come with the poles neccisary for the dunes??????? i would need that

TRX250X
11-13-2002, 07:42 PM
I think you should charge enough for the flags that you could use whatever you make off of them to help with the website. I know that a ton of people would want to buy them. I would only use one a few times a year, but I think it'd be sweet to have. That way when I go to Badlands I can tell if there's any other exriders there.

sandslinger101
11-13-2002, 07:57 PM
ben 10 dollars is cheap, no problem going 15 for me. i ordered 4 exrider sticker a while back at 2.50 each think that was too cheap also. I am proud to be a member of the beat atv site on the web:)

QuadJunkies
11-14-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by sandslinger101
ben 10 dollars is cheap, no problem going 15 for me. i ordered 4 exrider sticker a while back at 2.50 each think that was too cheap also. I am proud to be a member of the beat atv site on the web:) Ben< I agree.. you really should charge a few more bucks for them I will and I decided I want 4 all together!!:)Just say when and Ill send my $$

Ben
11-14-2002, 05:30 AM
Thanks guys - but we need about 200 pre orders! :D

Ben

derekhonda
11-20-2002, 09:00 PM
why do you have to have 200 orders for everything. No offense, but maybe you should go to like a smaller print shop (for stickers, t-shirts, flas ect) because a smaller company would be greatful to have any business. I mean our soccer team just got shirts made, they were like 12 bucks and we only ordered 15. Tell whoever you are using you will guarantee them 50 + orders, and then anything after that you dont know. Dont be hooked for 200 on anything, SWITCH COMPANYS

Ben
11-21-2002, 05:59 AM
So far I only have about 8 sure flag orders - it takes lots of time for me to set these things up, make a design, contact the companies, work with their art departments, pay all the cash up front, get boxes for shipping - and honestly I don't know how you ship flags, etc. I need to at least break even on these things, I spend way too much money already on this site, and WAY too much time - it is like a full time job, I cannot afford to make small batch runs of products I am not sure that I can even sell. I have people everyday asking me to make mousepads, flags, boxers, posters, hats, bookbags, etc. I simply do not have the time or money to make all of these products in small runs and risk that I will not break even. If I was a rich man and could just snap my fingers and have all of these things made instantly, I would, but I am just an average guy like you guys - I go to law school, have a job, and then this site is basically a full time job as well. I do the best I can.

Ben

QuadJunkies
11-21-2002, 07:46 AM
Gee, I thought there was more than eight?:confused: I understand,....I think Derekhonda just wants one as bad as some of us others;) There is cost int othis stuff, heck when I had my graphics printed up, it was very expensive, but had others wanted them printed, would have been much less if mass produced..

Ben
11-21-2002, 07:55 AM
Quad - once the shirts are finished I will look into exactly how many people want flags and are willing to pre-order. If the demand is there I will do it. I am just saying that I can't make small batches of everything under the sun, it isn't possible time or money wise - I know you understand that but some people haven't thought of it :)

Ben

josh
11-21-2002, 04:58 PM
ok ben, we understand the difficulties and all, but out of curiosity do u maybe know when the quadshop will be up again, cuz i want a few stickers and don't know were to get them cuz the shops been down for a while, thanks

josh