PDA

View Full Version : Leatte Neck brace???????

TWISTED DINLI
11-03-2007, 08:05 PM
is there a special chest protector to be used with this neck brace or does it just connect to any chest protector?

wvspeedfreak
11-03-2007, 08:22 PM
It will work with a regular chest protector.You may have to "relieve" the inside of the shoulder pad area though with some protectors.

Ty's400
11-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Most chest protectors you have to cut the shoulder pads out a bit. I had to on my SixSixOne. I have seen some people just attach the front and back pieces of protectors to the brace as well. This is the only company I know that makes one specifically to accomodate the brace http://www.hrpsports.com/MOTOCROSSOFFROAD/tabid/350/List/1/CategoryID/8/Level/a/SortField/0/Default.aspx

quad2xtreme
11-04-2007, 05:54 AM
Little trick is to leave one side unfastened until your chest protector is on. Basically, the Leatt will slip past itself thus making it tighter on your neck...then install your chest protector, then go back and snap the Leatt fastener in place.

works for me anyhow...

I do the opposite to remove it.

mx428
11-04-2007, 07:30 AM
It fits perfectly into a thor sentinel, you just put it on then slip in the front and back of the brace seperatley. Also I used an EVS under jersey protector with it and it felt sooo much better than any bulky plastic one. I really like them, i did cut down the shoulder padding because it looked weird under my jersey, though. Also there's this back pad thing that i just cut off and I re sewed the straps, it's really comfy now.
PS excuse my messy room

Slips right in
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/pic1.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/pic3.jpg

EVS
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/pic2.jpg

300ex_#387
11-04-2007, 11:06 AM
I have a thor sentinel chest protector too, but that is not how I wear my brace with it. Those 2 ears coming off the sides of the brace slip under the shoulders of the chest protector. I've tried wearing it with them above, but it makes it more cramped around my helmet. It also makes it a pain to slip those ears under the shoulder so I switched to a under jersey protector.

mephyst
11-04-2007, 11:46 AM
How do you guys like those neck braces? I just got a back protector and used it for the first time last weekend. I loved it and rode with the most confidence so far since I broke my back last year. It helped my posture and works as a kidney belt as well.

Now, I don't think I would be able to get a Leatt, wear my back protector and a chest protector... would I?

Ty's400
11-04-2007, 03:12 PM
I really like my Leatte Brace. You honestly don't even notice it after the first few times you wear it. And I don't feel it restricts wanted head movement. The one thing I did notice was when I wore it in my first GNCC, my neck was pretty sore after the race. Not sure if it was just because of my first GNCC and not use to wearing it that long or what, as I always did motocross before.

Kendall33
11-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
I have a thor sentinel chest protector too, but that is not how I wear my brace with it. Those 2 ears coming off the sides of the brace slip under the shoulders of the chest protector. I've tried wearing it with them above, but it makes it more cramped around my helmet. It also makes it a pain to slip those ears under the shoulder so I switched to a under jersey protector.

He is right, I have a leatt brace and the PROPER way, according to the manual, is to have those two ears under the shoulder pads of the chest protector...I wear a Fly chest protector, works perfectly no modification needed, dad just slips it in on bhoth sides for me...hope I never have to know if it works:eek:

mx428
11-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Kendall33
He is right, I have a leatt brace and the PROPER way, according to the manual, is to have those two ears under the shoulder pads of the chest protector...I wear a Fly chest protector, works perfectly no modification needed, dad just slips it in on bhoth sides for me...hope I never have to know if it works:eek: I didn't notice that until i posted the pictures, I usually put it on the right way.

burkebrothers
11-05-2007, 04:59 AM
rockgardn is making there 08 body armor to work with the leatt brace I am sure you will see more chest protectors leatt compatible this year as well