PDA

View Full Version : winter jetting help (needle help really)

SET THE STAGE
11-03-2007, 06:50 PM
okay, so i hate taking my bike all apart just to get to my carb so i'm going to come here first haha

it's winter, and i need to run a little more rich now. i noticed now that when i have my choke on, my bike runs awesome when giving it gas. should i drop the needle once more? that would leave it on the 5th notch (or whatever the lowest is) i already swapped a 42 pilot in, too. so i'm good on that, starts no problem. it's just starting to kind of run like crap

zeus54
11-04-2007, 01:03 AM
TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THROTTLE POSITION YOUR NOTICING IT AT. IF ITS CLOSE TO MID THROTTLE YOU COULD TRY ADJUSTING NEEDLE HEIGHT, IF ITS CLOSER TO W.O.T. THEN TRY YOUR MAIN JET. ALSO TO ENRICHEN YOUR NEEDLE YOU NEED TO LOWER THE CLIP ON THE NEEDLE THUS RAISING THE HEIGHT OF THE NEEDLE BRINGING IT FURTHER OUT OF THE GUIDE

SET THE STAGE
11-04-2007, 08:39 AM
oh, i know how to jet and everything. no help needed there. just advice

i'm really just kind of wondering why my 300 is needed to be jetted so high with a 400 carb on it. the kid before me said the only engine mods done to it that he knew of was just bored slightly. i'm thinking there's more than that. i'm running a 170 main, 42 pilot, and going to be putting the needle on the bottom notch later.

300ex mxracer
11-06-2007, 11:57 AM
my 300 was the same way when i had the 400 carb on it. i think i had like a 180 main or something like that.

bwamos
11-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by SET THE STAGE
oh, i know how to jet and everything. no help needed there. just advice

i'm really just kind of wondering why my 300 is needed to be jetted so high with a 400 carb on it. the kid before me said the only engine mods done to it that he knew of was just bored slightly. i'm thinking there's more than that. i'm running a 170 main, 42 pilot, and going to be putting the needle on the bottom notch later.

I'm running a 165 Main in my 400ex carb so you're not that far off from me. I usually run a 170 when it's around the 30deg mark. The rest of the circuit seems to still be ok.