NeverLiftRacing
11-03-2007, 10:41 AM
so i decided i needed to tear my whole quad down and do a
complete check up on everything. its a good thing i did because
there was a few loose bolts here and there, and some bad
bushings, etc... i am getting everything powdercoated this winter
from the frame all the way to the levers. so here is a pic of it
before i started

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE PHOTO SHOP MY LAST POST ON THIS THREAD????????

NeverLiftRacing
11-03-2007, 10:46 AM
and here is a pic of it after 2 hours of wrenching.

NeverLiftRacing
11-03-2007, 10:52 AM
anybody with any color ideas list them. but i think i will go... orange, white, black, and chrome.

frame- orange
lower arms- orange
upper arms- chrome
swingarm- orange
steering stem- chrome
nerfs, bumper, grab bar- black
wheels- black
hubs- orange
beadlock rings- orange or polished
fenders- white
quadtech hood carbon fiber hood
same blingstar graphics or jh racing grahics

what do you guys think??? let me know. and a list of new upgrade parts needed...

new pwr radiator or a fluidyne radiator
new complete wire harness
new fcr carb
new engine covers and gaskets
new exhaust curtis sparks or nmotion titanium with carbon endcap

85and93
11-03-2007, 11:13 AM
wow thats going to look good!

pro-rider46
11-03-2007, 01:20 PM
try some blue black and orange, i think thats a good color combo. the combo your thinking of sounds sick too

NeverLiftRacing
11-03-2007, 02:36 PM
well i just ran into a problem!!!!! my pivot bolt is stuck in the frame and the swinger. its like the shims or the spacers are rusted to the pivot bolt. when you spin the bolt it spins the shims too. i tried putting vise grips on it and turning it as well as hitting it with a hammer and punch. any ideas?????

wayfastwhitey69
11-03-2007, 03:00 PM
happened to me too had to cut it and get a rebuilt kit and a new bolt

NeverLiftRacing
11-03-2007, 05:02 PM
yeah it think thats what im gonna have to do. already broke the nut end of the bolt off anyway. put the socket on it and put about 10 pounds of pressure on the ratchet and it broke right off. gonna try some liquid wrench and let it soak to see if it will break up some of the rust. what did you use to cut the bolt???

exrider49
11-03-2007, 05:16 PM
maybe you should try heating it up with a torch

TWISTED DINLI
11-03-2007, 05:48 PM
your plans for your new build sound awesome. i cant wait to see it. if u change the plastic color i would go with blue cause with the orange a-arms/swinger it would look sick.

bloodmoney23
11-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Sounds very nice, keep the color pattern you chose.. with the pivot bolt, cut it and get a new one. I replace mine every year just in case. My one bud decided he never wanted to change it on his blaster and in the middle of a doughnut his swingarm flew off......One of the funniest things ive ever seen but a good reason to change it every year. Anyway, good look on your build...make sur eto post some pics.

Crashmore 22
11-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by NeverLiftRacing
yeah it think thats what im gonna have to do. already broke the nut end of the bolt off anyway. put the socket on it and put about 10 pounds of pressure on the ratchet and it broke right off. gonna try some liquid wrench and let it soak to see if it will break up some of the rust. what did you use to cut the bolt???

Soak the bolt and spacers in PB BLASTER or KRO oil for a while before you cut it. It may penetrate the rust and save you a lot of extra work. Also, when you put it back together, some anti-seeze on the pivot bolt will keep it from locking up again.

NeverLiftRacing
11-03-2007, 10:51 PM
cool guys thanks for the info and the color ideas. i hope this project doesnt take long. i think im going to go get some type of rust penetrator and try that first. anyways i will keep you updated.

NeverLiftRacing
11-04-2007, 09:47 PM
well i tried to break it loose again today after buying some liquid wrench. it didnt break loose so i wrapped the bolt and shims with a shop rag and soaked it with the liquid wrench. so i will be back out there bright and early. what did you guys use to cut it out if you had to?

wayfastwhitey69
11-05-2007, 04:26 AM
i torched it

bloodmoney23
11-05-2007, 07:19 AM
use a dremel. imo a torch causes the possibility to weaken that area of frame. So just dremel the head off the bolt then use a rod to push it through.

NeverLiftRacing
11-05-2007, 09:44 AM
well the liquid wrench did not work after letting it soak over night. so i'm going to go ahead and cut it off here in a few minutes. but first i'm running a few parts to the powdercoater to make sure the colors are going to be good. take pics when i get them back to let you all know what its going to look like.

bloodmoney23
11-05-2007, 02:31 PM
well i wished you lived closer to ohio. Finding a powdercoater around here is nearly impossible. im thinking bout just dropping 10k down and getting my own. you can get a new bolt on ebay pretty cheap too just so you know.

honda4life72
11-06-2007, 05:56 PM
i wouldn't change nution , i like the color scheme

spanky101
11-06-2007, 07:40 PM
bloodmoney, hey im from austintown. It is pretty tough around here to get good powdercoat work. What are you looking to get done? I know a guy who does great work at a good price. I just dont know if he can like do a whole frame yet. Ill ask tomarrow

NeverLiftRacing
11-06-2007, 11:15 PM
man that sucks you cant get powdercoating done. i cant even count on my fingers and toes how many companies there are just in the local area. well i am dropping it off tomorrow to get blasted and painted. so i will let you all know when i get it back with some pics.

wckedclownz69
11-13-2007, 09:54 AM
i still cant my swingarm bolt out and the end broke in half amd i tried cutting it and it didnt even leave a freakking scratch....im screwed lol

NeverLiftRacing
11-13-2007, 10:43 AM
lol it is a bad spot to be in. that one bolt is holding up my whole operation on two of the biggest pieces to be powdercoated. lol

hendershot106
11-13-2007, 11:19 AM
try using a 3/8" old extension in the pivot bolt hole and a very large sledge hammer. it worked on the last 400ex i worked on that was seized.

One_Bad_400
11-13-2007, 09:56 PM
man... that was a nice bike already! cant wait to see it afterwards

NeverLiftRacing
11-13-2007, 11:23 PM
i think i may try the sledge hammer again one last try tomorrow and if it doesnt work im going to get it out no matter what it takes. lol becasue im ready to get it painted and back together!

hendershot106
11-14-2007, 06:37 AM
have someone lean over the other side of the seat and hold the extension while u swing hard and careful at the end of the extension--- that way u cant hit them. just count on not using the extension anymore as an extension becuase it will be mushroomed.

wckedclownz69
11-14-2007, 10:17 AM
tht bolt is holding up my frame and swingarm to be paint i was useing the sledge and it brok half the side of the bolt off... ive done everything... i just wanna role the dang thing off a cliff... it just gets worse and worse lol... ill get pictures of it tonight...

NeverLiftRacing
11-17-2007, 11:25 PM
okay so finally after about an hour of saw zawing and drilling away the bolt its finally out and its off to the powdercoaters. i had to cut the bolt between the motor and swingarm on both sides and drill the head of the bolt off to push it out towards the inside just to get that pain in the ***** out. whooo. but finally its out and it should only be a week or two before i get it back.

NeverLiftRacing
11-18-2007, 02:25 PM
alright so here it is. this is the stuff i want orange. what do you think??? should i do the subframe orange, or black, or polished??? put in your $0.02 and let me know what you guys think would look better.

NeverLiftRacing
11-18-2007, 02:35 PM
could someone please photo shop this pic for me? please

could someone please do...

in one pic could the main frame, lower arms and swinger be done bright orange and the sub frame black.

and in another pic could everything be done bright orange.

just curious to see if the black or orange looks better. thanks

NeverLiftRacing
11-18-2007, 02:37 PM
HERE IS ANOTHER PIC IF SOMEONE WANTS TO PHOTOSHOP FOR ME.

Honda#4
11-19-2007, 05:21 PM
NeverLift, I think you will like this cuz it will go with your blingstar graphics and your black plastics, you would have to get the upper a arms coated orange as well sense they werent in the pic so it flows good.

NeverLiftRacing
11-19-2007, 11:24 PM
thnks for the photoshop. i do like the black but i really like the all orange look. could you do the sub frame black and everything else orange and one with everything orange. thanks

NeverLiftRacing
11-19-2007, 11:39 PM
could someone please photo shop this one if possible. orange frame, lower arms, and swinger. im chroming the uppers but i dont think thats possible on photoshop. thanks

NeverLiftRacing
11-20-2007, 12:01 AM
or this pic.... anyone. i need photoshop

NeverLiftRacing
11-20-2007, 10:48 AM
this is more or less what i was thinking. the upper arms will be chrome

bloodmoney23
11-20-2007, 12:59 PM
i think that will look pretty sweet man. good luck with the whole thing.

Honda#4
11-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Yea my vote would go to your last pic, that looks great.

400exMO
11-20-2007, 10:29 PM
my vote is for the original colors, nice bike btw.

NeverLiftRacing
11-21-2007, 09:57 AM
yeah i loved the red and black colors, but its time for something new you know.

TRX450RACER174
11-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Nice ride :) how do you like that front end? and what rear shock are you running?

NeverLiftRacing
11-22-2007, 12:05 AM
i have had everything when it comes to long travel shocks and these blow everything out of the water. no joke. these things are smooth all through the travel. cant feel a bit of difference in the reststance. im just running a rebuilt rear shock w/ gt thunder linkage for now. hopefully a fox rear next year.