PDA

View Full Version : FCR Carb help???

drew416ex
11-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Has anyone ever used the power now, and or power now plus, and or quick shot on there FCR? Notice and gains? Is it worth the money?

zrpilot
11-03-2007, 10:55 AM
I put a Quick shot on my FCR in an attempt to get rid of a low end flat spot and what I thought was detonation. It did not work.. :(

Instead I sold the FCR and put on a 450R carb and a different exhaust. The combination of those two changes made a HUGE difference! It runs much better. The low end stumble and flat spot is completely gone and it no longer detos!

drew416ex
11-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Well i dont have a low end bog, except just off idle. Thats all i was trying to get rid off. And i was wondering if the power nows made any difference. What pipe did you use zrpilot?

zrpilot
11-03-2007, 11:45 AM
I switched from an HMF Bill Ballance series, to the Curtis Sparks X6 std core.

I did this based on the advice of a very GOOD engine builder. Here is a link to another thread whereby I discuss the effect most unequal length header exhausts have on the 400EX.
thread (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=320969)

The best exhausts that deal with this is the DMC Alien, Sparks, LTE, and the GT Thunder (which is no longer available).

Of these, I liked the Sparks the best.

I also found my FCR to have the same issue as you. I think the FCR is a good carb, just touchy to tune. It will undoubtly make the most power when tuned properly. I just could never get it to run good enough on my 416EX.