PDA

View Full Version : wont start

Brycen
11-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Has fire, is getting gas, and has compression...whats the problem. is there something i'm missing? if it helps find the problem, it went from running perfect to just bogging out until it quit.

exrider49
11-03-2007, 07:42 PM
adjust/clean your carb.

Brycen
11-03-2007, 08:59 PM
cleaned it and it ran for 3 mintues then quite. changed plug, cleaned again, now won't even start

Brycen
11-04-2007, 10:32 AM
now, it will idle for as long as i want it to, then as soon as i give it gas, it dies...is this an eletrical problem maybe?

exrider49
11-04-2007, 07:15 PM
maybe you need to adjust it some for the cold weather if your area is getting cold

BigBore24
11-05-2007, 07:39 PM
sounds like something in the carb moreso than electrical. possibly a partially clogged main jet, fuel screw out of adjustment, or maybe even a clogged fuel pitcock. also try it without the air filter

AutoRoc
11-06-2007, 04:35 PM
my main jet was plugged with gunk...same situation. No clue where it came from, fuel was filterted before going in and checked clean when I emptied it for carb rebuild...

spraying fuel into carb while cranking it verified that it was a fuel problem. old windex bottle saved the day.:)

To verify spark, remove spark plug, plug it back into the wire and hold on to the end of it while cranking engine over. it will spark the hell out of you...:) might have to ground it against frame while holding ot also...goodluck!

400exrapes
11-06-2007, 05:20 PM
well if you havent found the problem yet, i just had the same excact problem you did same symptoms and i thought it was my carb as well. It turned out i overfilled my oil and it was being spit out of my air filter and there for i was flooding the engine, killing the battery trying to get it to stay started because my air filter couldnt do its job as it was drenched in oil. Check your air filter and air box.