PDA

View Full Version : dog the bounty hunters "tirade"

450raider
11-02-2007, 08:30 PM
okay im sure most has heard about dogs (i heavily quote) "tirade" by now and someone was surely gonna post about it sometime so i thought id take a shot at it, lets hear some opinions, im not gonna totally lash out about what i honestly think of cause firstly i could go to the pen, and secondly i want this thread to stick around longer than 15 min. so i will simply say since when is it everyones buisness what someone says on their own phone? seriously, im afraid i missed out on that.

just my thoughts

troyleepred719
11-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I always thought that racial comments can be thought, but shouldnt be spoken. Although, I can say, if i brought a black girl home, id be barried, and she would be in a tree, just how I was brought up, No CheckerBoards Allowed.

I never had a problem with blacks, they are mostly cool, but its the gansters, as to where that word applies. I have never said it to anyone, until i was refered to as Cracker, and I let it slip, and It was like I dropped a bomb, or hit a nun, I was the worst person in the world, Now, I dont care, Eye for an Eye, they want to think that way, two can play that game, you were emancipated to be free and get educated, now how many years later, you cant even talk like it?

Rider-trx_250ex
11-03-2007, 12:00 AM
I think thats all over-hyped. It seems that the way people are today if he was saying something like that damn white cracker, nothing would have happened. Like it's ok to call a caucasion person white but if you call an african american black it's like you punched a nun. People over react. Blacks, whites, asians, were all the same.

wilkin250r
11-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Personally, I don't think it's all that bad. It's bad enough that I'm not going to post it on here, just for language, but I didn't think it was racially offensive.

He says over and over and over that "it's not 'cause she's black." He even takes it one step further (with a lot of foul language) that "we don't mean ****** ***** low-life ****."

He says it right there, doesn't he? In plain English? "We DON'T mean...."

Isn't he saying right there that it's not meant in a deragatory manner? So why exactly are people offended over it?

Pappy
11-03-2007, 05:13 AM
Who cares. Im so tired of the double standards imposed on white people that I frankly could care less. I treat people like they treat me and based on how their actions present themselves to me and the public.

From what I understand Dog was in a private conversation and had no knowledge he was being taped. Imagine what we could get on any person in the world on if we recorded private conversations. :rolleyes:

And ofcourse the media is driving all this. They pay for this crap and people suck it up. Who is more perverse?

We as a society have allowed minorities to walk over our rights to the point we are now the minority. (thats we as in people who have common sense and just want a somewhat normal shot at the american dream and a peacefull life)

I am white and proud, not white and ashamed that some white dude had a slave 200+ years ago. get over it all people, move on or get moved.

Mxjunkie
11-03-2007, 08:39 AM
A few day's ago I was reading that the son actually sold the recording to a company which then leaked out into the public, Nice kid eh? lol All kidding aside though, I don't see where the big problem is in Dog's choice of words during that phone conversation, it was a private conversation between family members which we can all say atleast once we've said a few things on the phone as well.

89dc240
11-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Wow. I didn't even hear the thing he said and I don't care but I always get worked up over **** like this.

rant\

All I can say is:

I have a friend who's dad worked for the Operating Engineers for about 45 years. My friend tried to get in and his dad's time in the union had no effect on his ability to (not) get a job. They already had all the white guys they needed. They told him straight up too. "Sorry, you're not BLACK."

And:

It really pisses me off to know that a lot of these guys will buy a really nice car in their cousin's name, and cousin's address, and in turn, let their cousin buy a really nice car in his name and address. Then, when they stop making the payments on their hundred thousand dollar car,(that they basically couldn't be turned away from buying) to maybe pay a bill on their 20 thousand dollar house in the ghetto, the repo man has nowhere to go cause the car is never at the address it's listed under.

When I WANT to get angry, I drive through section 8 housing a few miles away from my neighborhood(too close) and see how many of the cars there are nicer than mine. Guess they can afford a big payment when section 8 only charges pennies to live in.

Must be nice to not have to earn a living. Piece of S**T SCUM of the EARTH. MY TAX DOLLARS GO TO THESE *******S. Section 8 and the ghetto should be automatic Military reserves and get sent away whenver there's a war.

/rant

TWILES
11-03-2007, 01:55 PM
I think the guy F'ed up by making himself out to be some kind of model citizen and thats why they are blowing it up they way they are. I think he asked for it. To me, he's your typical hard-core, outspoken, hard pray'n, God fearing Christian....tell you one thing and do another, Bra AND NOW he's been caught. ;)

And thats the ONLY reason they are blowing this up because THEY know, and have always known, he is full of sh*t. I want to know where the big guys that can kick his, his sons, and brothers asses are. Do they only give bond money to the ones unders 5'4".

450raider
11-03-2007, 04:49 PM
yeah i kinda thought he was full of it too in a few ways but i didnt know it cause usually when i know somethin i end up making myself look like an a**, but anyway what i said in my first post on phones ill go into that a little more like if im at mcdonalds cussing like a sailor on my phone and they ask me to leave, ill leave if im at the movies talking about how bad the movie sucks, ill leave but if some totally rude person cuts me off in a store or something, i can say on the phone whatever i want about them reguardless off age, weight, race, ect. in a truck, house anytwhere im alone and noone can do anything about it and i highly doubt dog was in the middle of public when he was on the phone so there for its not the publics buisness.

11-03-2007, 05:00 PM
how is america a free country if people get arrested for just saying something on their own private phone!! whats next are we going to be monitered at our houses so we dont say anthing wrong. IMO its rediculous what this country is coming to be

Ritthjp
11-03-2007, 06:48 PM
According to the 700 Club, his son sold the recorded audio to some news network.

Rider-trx_250ex
11-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Polak1035
how is america a free country if people get arrested for just saying something on their own private phone!! whats next are we going to be monitered at our houses so we dont say anthing wrong. IMO its rediculous what this country is coming to be

Make a phone call from any phone and say the word "bomb" and that conversation will be listened to, go to google and type in "bomb", you get put on a goverment list that they watch. lol

11-03-2007, 07:07 PM
i guess "private" conversations are no longer "private" and "free speech" is no longer "free speech"

wilkin250r
11-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by z400rider08
i guess "private" conversations are no longer "private" and "free speech" is no longer "free speech"

Who said anything about free speech? He's free to say anything he wants.

However, "free" doesn't mean that he's immune from repercussions. If he says something offensive, than people are still free to be offended. His supporters are free to pull their support, and networks are free to pull his show off the air.

He's is still free to say anything he wants, but he DOES have to deal with the consequences.

As far as a "private" conversation, that's the price of fame. When you become a celebrity, it involves a little bit more than a bigger paycheck. You have to expect people to follow you, take pictures of you, and if possible, listen to your private conversations. It's all part and parcel of the whole Show Biz gig...

TWISTED
11-04-2007, 05:09 AM
What I find amusing is that his own son sold him out........

cop292
11-04-2007, 05:22 AM
The fact that his own son sold him out bothers me a lot more than what he said. To sell your own family out, he needs his ***** kicked!

Old Head
11-04-2007, 08:10 AM
This crap happens no matter where you live. My kid had a black girl in school torment him and call him cracker along with other slurs. Soon as he slipped the n word hes suspended. We have a couple balck guys at work that are nice but soon as something don't go their way they pull out the its because i'm black card. I can't stand that s**t. For me there are 2 types a black man, one who dresses normal talks normal, then there is your gankster ebonics talking crap. I'm with pappy you get treated the way you treat others ( do dirt you get dirt).

c450Razy
11-04-2007, 09:48 AM
I was thought that you couldn`t record a conversation with out the other party knowing? i thought there was a law against that?

Guess i was wrong.. lol

wilkin250r
11-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by c450Razy
I was thought that you couldn`t record a conversation with out the other party knowing? i thought there was a law against that?

It's a state law, and it varies state-to-state. Some states require that both parties know, other states require that only one party knows.

MXRACER118
11-05-2007, 08:37 PM
I think there are a few confusions with this.

1) the message was left by dog on his sons voicemail. Therefore Dog knew he was being recorded, because it was a voicemail. Legally that voicemail is a legal form of recording.

2) as I said above, even though it's a legal recording it doesn't matter because no law was broken. It is not illegal to use the "N" word (at least not yet :rolleyes: )

3) Dog is in no legal trouble with this, it is just the decision of A&E to pull his show because they are worried about backlash. He basically lost his job because A&E had to distance themselves from Dog because of what he said.

4) His son was paid $15,000 dollars for the tape, not sure who he sold it to, I think it was TMZ

I am personally friends with several black people. it is very ignorant to use the "N" word to generalize black people. I use it from time to time when referring to the gangsta types, no matter what color they are. But there is also a HUGE double standard out there, that may never change.

jrspawn
11-05-2007, 10:17 PM
I think i was tought a saying when i was a kid, "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"!

Its amazing how a single word can ruin your life, when now days on about any radio station and TV channels the one Magical "N" word is dropped non stop. I think the radio stations and MTV should ban all the rappers using the all mighty "N" word for generalizing black people. Now that would be something if that happened:eek2:

Thank you
Justin

54warrior
11-06-2007, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
I think i was tought a saying when i was a kid, "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"!

Its amazing how a single word can ruin your life, when now days on about any radio station and TV channels the one Magical "N" word is dropped non stop. I think the radio stations and MTV should ban all the rappers using the all mighty "N" word for generalizing black people. Now that would be something if that happened:eek2:

Great POST!!!!! i couldnt agree more