PDA

View Full Version : Help making decision

Robbie B.
11-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Want to get my 4 year old son a small 50 for christmas was thinking of a kfx50 he would mostly be trail riding with me and my 11 year old possibly racing in future locally. Could not decide between kaw.,suz.,pred. i want something i can make a little faster as he learns. Thanks pros and cons would be a big help,don't know about new 4 strokes or would a older 2 stroke be better.

Nichols Atvs
11-02-2007, 07:59 PM
If the thought of racing is in your future you need to go to the DRR forum this will answer all your question but ill get you started . First dnt get me wrong that the few you mentioned are nice machines . Heres where DRR goes the extra mile. The front arms on the drr 50 is 41 inchs wide the rest are 33 that is about $400-800 to widen the few you mentioned . next is the exhaust
and clutching $200-600 to change the few you mentioned then when Jr has out grown the 50 harder to change the few you
mentioned to a 70
The DRR you can change the top end for $200-400. And yes you can do this your self.

THe standard things that come with the drr far out weigh the other you looked at and this gived you money in your pocket in the long run .Now you say well i heard that drr is only good for racing far from the truth a lot of people trail ride these machines and ride them in the dunes as well add upthe stuff i talked about and those are just afew things you will need to chage on a brand new quad msrp on a 50 is like 2099. you do the math . Any questions Pm me id be glad to talk to you.
Heath

jerkyboy
11-03-2007, 06:11 AM
Go with the DRR 50. The other machines are good for the back yard but can't compete on the track. The DRR is a few hundred $
cheaper then the other quads + the 08 in watercooled. The drr is 5 or 6" wider and that makes them more stable then the kawie
suzuki or yamaha.