PDA

View Full Version : kicks through when using kick start

hanzito
11-02-2007, 04:16 PM
my son broke his electric start. i think the chain broke. and now we have to kick start only. wich sucks because ever since new the kick starter kicks through when i kick it over. and every 5 or 10 kicks it will catch and start. but my big problem is this. we got the bike in april so we are out of the 6 month warrranty. and i told the dealer about it the first week when it happend originally. but then we put ht ebattery in and used the electric start. well the dealer in the contacted extreeme and they told him to adjust the clutch. he did. no change. then they told him to take my motor and send it in then they would look at it and either fix it or send out a new one. problem was that was in may. then the army took over my schedule and i was unable to take his motor out. so i get a hold of the dealer in aug and now he is having some kind of dispute about being billed for the frame connectors that extreemse was giving out for free to owners. apparently they billed him and he wont pay for th eparts that shoudl have been free. so mean while the clock is ticking and i am running out of time and cant get my bike fixed. now i am outside the sixmonth warranty period and still have a messed up bike. now the dealer is carrying one of the extreeme knock offs i think SSR with a manual cluthch. and i am still stuck with a busted bike because he is in a dispute with extreeme.

do i have any hope or whre do i start trying ot fix this problem or figure out what is wrong. flat track season is starting soon and i dont want to worry on wether or not i can get my sons bike started on short notice when they move his heat up all of a sudden.

help.......

Ride1Rob
11-02-2007, 05:05 PM
You need to cut out the MIDDLEMAN and call extreme yourself. Tell them pretty much what you told us and see what they say. Jams bike has also done this a few times the three months we've had it. Probably is an easy fix but there's no manual so.... I think that we need to bombard Xtreme with phone calls about getting manuals out so we can purchase them and know what's going on with these bikes when something malfunctions. In case you like to get one, Aaron from Xtreme told me that the motor is very similar to the XR50 and that it should give you good specs on most of the Xtreme engine.

hanzito
11-02-2007, 05:35 PM
thanks i will do that on monday

gmen
11-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Are you running the bike with a broken chain floating around inside the engine somewhere? You say it will crank after trying to get the kick starter to catch. I would bet you have problems because of the starter chain breaking.
Whats up with your Xtreme contact ,you pulling the engine is not what should happen .It seems your dealer may not be on good terms with Xtreme,but that has nothing to do with you,Like rob said ,call Xtreme and see what is going on with the bike and dealer .Greg

hanzito
11-02-2007, 06:49 PM
the kick start problem has been there from day one. but originally were able to get around it because we also had electric start. but when that quiet i had to face the kick start problem. i didnt even know that the starter ran a chain untill the dealer opened the side of the motor to adjust the cltutch as per extreemes instructions to fix the kick start problem originally. i happend to be standing there. and that is how i discovered that the starting system was chain drive i thought they were gear driven. is chain drive starting systems the norm in atvs. big or small?

gmen
11-03-2007, 02:08 PM
What dealer did you buy the typhoon from?

azextreme
11-03-2007, 06:11 PM
1st thing to do is pull the motor and throw it in the trash! Dont buy the SSR it has a rotary shifter so that means you have to keep shift up 1-4 and keep shifting up to get back to 1st not very good for racing. Get you a GPX (jailing) or a Lifan motor (pitbike motors) 85% of pitbike racers use theses engines. Many aftermarket goodies!

gmen
11-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Thats an option. T-bolt has what you need,(not to SPAM this site)but they have engines ,from mild replacement to wild builds.
Who is your dealer,Xtreme shows only in Boise . greg

hanzito
11-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by gmen
What dealer did you buy the typhoon from?

the dealer is Xtreme Pockets & Accessories. i am friends with the owner. he has taken good care of me on everything else. but this one problem seems to be unsolvable. i dont want to cause him any grief i just would like my sons atv to work right.

hanzito
11-08-2007, 01:00 PM
well i just got off the phone with xtreeme. the gal Jessica that deals with warranty stuff is not in today so i left a message and she is supposed to call me back tomorrow. wil keep updated

gmen
11-08-2007, 04:14 PM
My dealing with Xtreme and my dealer played out like this with my clutch.Bring us the bike,the parts are coming and it will cost you nothing.
I had offered to buy the parts and fix it my self.
I was told that was not my responsibility to fix the clutch.
The only draw back to the whole deal is the up dated springs are STILL not in yet.
These are good folks,and i am sure they will get you right.Greg

WMW-F4R
11-29-2007, 08:08 PM
It most likely is the clutch slipping...the typhoon kick starts thru the clutch, if it slips the kick starter will have a drag feel but won't be turning the engine over. It usually is worse when the bike is cold...you need an updated clutch, we sell the Factory 4 Racing HD5 clutch kit...solve all your probs.