PDA

View Full Version : 05 450R rebuild

bloodmoney23
11-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Ok, so yeah i dont know many of yall. And im sure most of yall wont really care but I am doing my own rebuild. I am not doing much to the engine just yet but here it goes.
-Additions-
-Wiseco 11.5:1 Piston 94.0mm STD Bore
-HRC Cam, AirLid and Jet/Needle (unless further adjustments are needed on jets)
-K&N airfilter kit w/ outerwear (uni foam if i dont like k&n)
-Curtis Sparks full exhaust
-Vortex Programable CDI
-Fluidyne oversize radiator
-SPAL Cooling Fan
-FR and RR sprockets 14 & 38 & 110 link chain
-LSR +1.25 Swingarm
-LSR Axcalibur Axle
-LSR Anti-Fade
-LSR FR and RR hubs (double bearing in front)
-LSR +2.5+1 A-Arms
-Elka triple rate FR and RR shocks (elite compression & rebound setup)
-Houser +1 steering stem w/ oversize antivibe clamp
-Fly Handlebars
-Pro Armor FR bumper & Grab bar
-Pro Armor Nerfs w/ heel gaurd
I am also sanblasting and powdercoating frame black, full bore or maier black platics (havent decided yet), a-arms, swingarm, skid, nerfs and hoses will all be a candy red color. Leave any feedback you can so i could change if need be. When I get back to Ohio i am going to start posting pics of work. I am taking my time on this so that it all comes out right.

ss440ex
11-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Sounds like a great start...
Are you really needing an over size radiator and fan?

bloodmoney23
11-02-2007, 04:49 PM
not yet....but i will in the future. i want to eventually get the dri 515cc national kit and it wont hurt to have now.

TRX450RACER174
11-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Does that fan pull more cfm's or does it cover more surface area?

bloodmoney23
11-03-2007, 07:09 AM
yeah, more blades, covers more surface area and supposed to be more reliable than stock. my stock one fried so figured if i had to replace it try a better one. once i get it done ill let u know if it does work better or not

espergre
11-05-2007, 06:57 PM
check out my rebuild, yours should look a lot like this one
http://www.kung-fu-u.com/kungfuoffroad.htm

pro-rider46
11-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by espergre
check out my rebuild, yours should look a lot like this one
http://www.kung-fu-u.com/kungfuoffroad.htm

yeah not really

espergre
11-05-2007, 08:44 PM
haha, guess the black powder coat with candy red a arms and accents werent close enough to your black powerder coat and candy red a arms... or did you not scroll down and see the completed build pictures?

bloodmoney23
11-06-2007, 08:22 AM
That is a nice bike man. Definitely not too flashy which is def what i want. The only thing, i will add a skull graphics kit or somethign because I cant stand the 450r black fender plain. Thank you for posting that which now gives me a pretty good idea of what it should look like. I dont think I will be powdercoating any engine parts though. I think ill barely have enough for the frame now.