PDA

View Full Version : pgrades?? help--- and racing!! please read

z400r!der45
11-02-2007, 08:47 AM
ok i have a 07 z 400 and im gonna be racing in the spring (motocross) and doin some hare scrambles prolly here in the winter, will i need to get after market shocks like in the rear and in the front or something? b/c when i hit these 30 and 40ft doubles and table tops i dont wanna like blow out a shock or anything? kno what im saying, thanks

K&N oil filter
AC racing nerfs with heelguards
pro armor bumper
new chain and sprockets

soberagain150
11-04-2007, 11:19 AM
your not going to blow out a shock. your frame will crack and break before that happens. if your getting into motocross, what is your budget? are you getting wider axles and wider a-arms? you going to be running 18 inch rear tires and 20 inch front tires? are you going to be wanting to buy elkas for shocks? or get your stock shocks revalved and sprung for your rider weight and ride style? your stock shocks can be compression and rebound adjusted on the shocks by adjusting the screws on the tops and bottom of the shocks. go to www.z400central.com for and endless information about the z400... make sure to use the search feature before you ask questions tho.

z400r!der45
11-12-2007, 04:50 PM
ya i know eactly what your saying i wanna kleep the 20's in the back just b/c i do alot of trail riding and as far as axle goes im really not worried about it at alll but what im wondering though is.. will my frame still crack/break even if i have the stock front shocks with rezzies on them? kinda ko what im saying

TheNewn
11-15-2007, 02:32 AM
Before you do any serious racing/launching of that z400 you'll probably want to invest into a gusset kit for the frame. especially he upper shock mount area.

Also if you're just starting racing i think rebuilt stock shocks will be more than fine.

Rebuilt stockers
Steering stabilizer
Tires
Nice nerfs/heel guards

and if you go rebuilt stockers, you'll save money and perhaps get yourself a axle/a-arms to go along with it.

Make sure you rebuild the stockers for extended a-arms if you do.

In my opinion, after a slip on pipe and jetting, i'd not really invest any into the motor unless you've got some good suspension/handling goods to go with it first.

z400r!der45
11-15-2007, 02:49 PM
oh ok thanks for your help, kinda confused on th stockers part?? whats that lol

TheNewn
11-15-2007, 05:03 PM
the stock shocks i mean, rebuilding the stock shocks. for dual or triple rate and re valved for yourself. I'd recommend C&D racing? is it? its a site sponsor you can find that has his own section on the forum.