PDA

View Full Version : Affordable Toy Haulers For Me

mephyst
11-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Hey guys... I am 19 years old and make a decent living. ;) I work and go to school full time and barely have time to even ride anymore. So far, I have bought a truck, quad and bike along with tons of camping gear that I have bought or my dad has passed on to me. I went out this past weekend to Glamis and tent camped, which wasn't so bad, but I am ready to step it up and buy a toy hauler.

I have a v10 2000 f350, so towing shouldn't be an issue. I am wondering if there are any brands in particular that are quality for an affordable price. I am completely fine with purchasing a used hauler and am more than likely going to go that route to save quite a bit of money. I am looking at spending around 10-15k tops.

Soooo, help would be much appreciated! :) Thanks guys!

-Mike

CannondaleRider
11-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Affordable.....and Toy Haulers.

Thats an oxy moron, lol.

Yeah, you'll be hard pressed to find cheap, but quality, toy haulers. They're all pretty expensive.

mephyst
11-01-2007, 11:31 PM
What about this brand American Freedom?? or is it just Freedom toy haulers? 21 footer brand new for like 14k. Anyone ever have experience with them? They are pretty plain, but I don't really have a need for a TV and all that jazz when I'm camping.

mephyst
11-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Blah at tent camping... it's too much of a hassle when you are going to the desert, and I don't have enough room... especially when taking other people.

Plus, I am used to the fancy family motorhome and trailer. :)

mephyst
11-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks...

http://www.usarvoutlet.com/html/toy_haulers.html

mephyst
11-02-2007, 12:03 AM
I like this one... :) http://www.conejowholesaleauto.com/index.php?p=details&id=288

But I'm sure I can find a better deal somewhere... patience is a virtue.

Rulz
11-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Your answer is Work and Play! I have a 28 footer, 14 feet living, 14 foot cargo with a separator, bought new 1 1/2 years ago and only paid $17K for it. So you could step down to like the 24 footer, probably be able to buy a new one for the upper limit of what you mentioned.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/default22.asp?nav=rec&page=worknp&choice=brochure

Ritthjp
11-02-2007, 08:00 AM
www.keystone-hobbi.com

I love mine.

redrocker
11-02-2007, 08:08 AM
carson makes a cheaper toy box
BUT! You get what you pay for
your best bet is buying used
because I see alot of used ones
for 1/2 of new.
I myself have a Lance camper
and a nice trailer for the toys
I got my 87 l/s 3000 Lance for
$1500 bucks and it was in prefect
shape shower and every thing

quadboy38
11-02-2007, 08:30 AM
racingjunk.com usually has some

Rulz
11-02-2007, 10:53 AM
All toy haulers, RV's, etc., are going to fall apart if you travel with them enough, I don't care how good a quality one you get. Having said that, I'd rather only have $17K invested in one as opposed to $30K+. Best scenario is to buy a one year old one with very little use.

dopeyferree
11-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I just bought a new weekend warrior 23ft toy hauler this summer. I found it to be very affordable and great quality and styiling. I got mine new for 23k loaded with almost every option. If you look around you can find new or very close to new ones fairly cheap, plus if you buy new your not buying someone elses problems.

mephyst
11-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Rulz- I get what you mean, but I guess there is always the possibility of finding an even older one in perfect condition. I am going to shop for the next month on craigslist and such everyday because I wouldn't be able to go out before then anyway. If I see a killer deal I am ready to pounce on it. =]

On your Work and Play- does it have a queen size bed anywhere? It seems like those have quite a bit different floorplan from the rest, really separating the cargo space from the living. How many people does it sleep comfortably without throwing an air mattress down in the cargo area?

Rulz
11-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by mephyst
Thanks for the replies guys.

Rulz- I get what you mean, but I guess there is always the possibility of finding an even older one in perfect condition. I am going to shop for the next month on craigslist and such everyday because I wouldn't be able to go out before then anyway. If I see a killer deal I am ready to pounce on it. =]

On your Work and Play- does it have a queen size bed anywhere? It seems like those have quite a bit different floorplan from the rest, really separating the cargo space from the living. How many people does it sleep comfortably without throwing an air mattress down in the cargo area?

I got the the DB model, the BR model has a separated bedroom with a queen bed. My model has the sofa that folds down to make a bed, the table breaks down to make a bed, then you have the option in the rear compartment to have drop down beds on each side. Those can be configured with dual bunks on one side, both sides, or a larger full size bed that drops down too. Plus the rear compartment has heat/air vents so it stays just as comfortable as the front section. Mine came with the over size 15K AC, which is a must no matter who's toy hauler you go with. It also has a side awning, tv/stereo hookup plus a stereo with speakers through out, plus a full size frig/freezer. You get alot for your money with the Work and Play's.

wvspeedfreak
11-02-2007, 05:02 PM
We are also in the market for a toy hauler of some sort.The seperate cargo area is a priority for me.I like to be able to put the quads in at night.The Work&Play trailers look very appealing.