PDA

View Full Version : Rear Caliper Leak and Bolt Size Question

400exrapes
11-01-2007, 04:45 PM
1.I posted a thread not too long ago but long enough for us to forget. My rear Caliper leaks, and i installed new piston seals but i noticed the old ones looked fine. Now that i finally got my brake fluid i could find out where i had the leak. Its coming out of the top of the Piston underneath the parking brake block off. Any idea what i need to stop this leak and allow me to use my rear brakes.

2. I got my new pro armor skid plate (1/4 inch-amazing plate) i need new screws does anyone know what size those are? Thanks guys
dan

JOEX
11-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by 400exrapes
1.I posted a thread not too long ago but long enough for us to forget. My rear Caliper leaks, and i installed new piston seals but i noticed the old ones looked fine. Now that i finally got my brake fluid i could find out where i had the leak. Its coming out of the top of the Piston underneath the parking brake block off. Any idea what i need to stop this leak and allow me to use my rear brakes.
Do you mean behind the block off? There is another o-ring on the piston shaft that isn't included in the rebuild kit :rolleyes: I got one at an auto parts store. Bring the old one in and try to match it up.

400exrapes
11-01-2007, 05:44 PM
yeah thanks well i bought a honda kit it was 5 dollars and came with jsut two seals i didnt get an entire rebuild kit but im going to look in the owners manual and check if im missing a seal there.