PDA

View Full Version : warning: Caution Against KandK ATV

XC250R
11-05-2002, 09:21 AM
I really hate to do this but I have had a problem with KandK ATV since the spring, and they always tell me they will get back with me by phone(and never do), or never return my emails.... there have been many. The problem I have is last fall and spring I rebuilt my 250R from the ground up. I purchased new Lonestar hubs front and rear. After only about five to ten hours on the Lonestar rear hubs they failed me. All the splines on both sides were damaged and left me stranded on the backside of the mountain on the third lap of the 2002 Steele Creek race.
I have contacted both Lonestar and KandK numerous times, and for the record Lonestar says they will gladly replace the hubs free of charge, as they stand behind their product. But I would need to return the hubs to them. problem is I have sent the hubs to KandK ATV for a store credit(since I race I chose not to depend on an all aluminum hub again). Well KandK tells me they are waiting to hear from Lonestar, but Lonestar says they have heard nothing from KandK. And ever since I sent them both an email, only Lonestar has responded.
Now I can't replace the hubs, cause KandK has the old ones.

I urge you to think twice about doing business with KandK , since obviously they don't care about customer service. They have probably lost my hubs and can't get a refund themselves. I think the correct thing to do would be to give me my store credit.

Remember....think twice. Click link below to see pictures of the hubs.
http://www.atvnc.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Offtopic;action=display;num=10365124 18

400exTN
11-05-2002, 01:13 PM
I'm also having issues with K&K. I recently won an auction of theirs on ebay. I sent my payment through paypal on Oct. 19th. I requested a shipment status on the 30th. Their response to the email was "what's your name". I responded with my name and mailing address on the 31st. I haven't received my merchandise and can't get a response. A word of advice beware!

Pappy
11-05-2002, 01:18 PM
i have had good luck with them.....but they are slow as all get out when it comes to email. i think they need someone to show them how to type a lil faster:huh

Sparks425Ex
11-05-2002, 01:34 PM
I cant let all this bashing of K and K go with out telling my experience with them. For me they have been nuthing but helpful. I call about once a week and am pretty well known with them. Whenever i have ever had a problem I call them up then send the product back then within 2 days i have a new one at my door. Anything else i order is here with in 2 days. Personally i have found that emailing companys doesn't work all that well because you never know who is reading it. I find it better to call and talk to one person and become firmiliar with that one person and talk to them whenever you call.

I just wanted to give a lil help to K and K. I have nuttin but great things to say about them.

11-05-2002, 01:48 PM
Ummmmmm,,,,,I'm gonna go out on a limb here and recommend the quadshop since their prices are probably 25% less than most companies out there..I still haven't figured out why so many people have yet to do business with these guys???:confused: :confused:

I'm guessing good service and great prices are NOT what you guys are lookin for?:huh

PS..after being out here for almost 2 years..I've read more horror stories about K&K than all other companies put together..

Tommy 17
11-05-2002, 01:53 PM
i 2nd that rico... i have had great luck with the quadshop and my elkas!!! no complaints here and i can't wait to go back and order alot more parts from them!!!

400exTN
11-05-2002, 01:59 PM
Rico, I think I just learned my lesson with K&K and will look to the Quadshop first next time.

XC250R
11-05-2002, 02:38 PM
I hear you guys, but i purchased these way back last winter, and I have called them at least once a month. All I hear from them is we will call Lonestar and see what the deal is with them. Then I never hear from them again. I already sent them a link as soon as I posted this topic. I warned them last Monday they had one week to respond before I went public with this issue.

Bean
11-05-2002, 02:48 PM
i also, order from k&k, and hav nothin but good things to say about them, infact, that is where i order all my parts from now, i hav yet to hav bad luck with any company that was unfixable

Dave400ex
11-05-2002, 02:56 PM
I have had good luck with Rocky Mountain, Moto-Man, the Quadshop, and so far Full Throttle has been the best to me. Scott also has great prices there.

XC250R
11-05-2002, 05:04 PM
Part of the problem too is until this incident I had no problems with them either, so just be warned if anything ever happens when you need them they may not be there for you. I figure what happened is maybe they lost my hubs, and without them they can't get their credit from Lonestar????

Guy400
11-05-2002, 06:03 PM
Why not support the company that supports this site? In my personal experience with them they've always been the cheapest and shipping was never a hassle. The way I look at it is when I buy through TQS I'm helping support this site. This forum software isn't free and neither is the server or the space required to run this place. Even if you're looking at a particular part and TQS is $5 higher it would be worth it to buy from TQS anyway. Marty, Jeff, and Rowlrag are all active members of this site and contribute everyday. Can anyone here tell me how often the owner of Nac's, RockyMountain or Dennis Kirk visit this site and interact with us?

Leo
11-05-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Guy432
Why not support the company that supports this site? In my personal experience with them they've always been the cheapest and shipping was never a hassle. The way I look at it is when I buy through TQS I'm helping support this site. This forum software isn't free and neither is the server or the space required to run this place. Even if you're looking at a particular part and TQS is $5 higher it would be worth it to buy from TQS anyway. Marty, Jeff, and Rowlrag are all active members of this site and contribute everyday. Can anyone here tell me how often the owner of Nac's, RockyMountain or Dennis Kirk visit this site and interact with us?

you've got that 100% right.. don't forget the fact that they are also very nice guys, who ride/race what they sell.. you get to talk to the real deal, not some guy that just answers phones all day and doesn't know a spark plug from a six pack :D

Leo

shawn
11-05-2002, 06:49 PM
This post was brought to my attention through an e-mail that we have recieved.
The parts that are sold come with a manufacturers warranty. That means if there is an issue you have to go through the manufacturer to get them replaced. The rear hubs broke and Lonestar was contacted and told him they would replace them. he did not want another set he wanted his money back. They told him they could not do it. He then contacted us & we said if Lonestar replaced them we would give him credit for them. Instead of sending them to Lonestar he sent them to us. We sent them to Lonestar & have not seen a replacement for them yet. As he has been calling we have been telling him to call lonestar because unless they replace them we cannot credit him. We did not manufacture this product. Therefore we do not offer the warranty on it. We can only pass on info they give to us.
As for the Gibson chassis there was a post right after the pics we posted. We sent the frame out. He was not happy with it. We next dayed it back to us. All at our expense & was going to replace it with a Lonestar chassis he wanted. He said he wanted a title. We said all we have is a certificate of origin. He said he did not want it then & he was going to do a chargeback. He did & rec'd all of his money back.
As for the comment by Rico. I am only aware of the gibson chassis comment and this one. So if there is all of these horror stories out there please direct me to them. I do not think we have ever dealt with us so your opinion is very unfounded.
Shawn Kirby

Bean
11-05-2002, 06:49 PM
well, here is my reasons
A: i hav always been a K&K guy
B: i hav used them since the 440 days
C: i hav never been screwed over by them
D: i will continue to use them, untill i feel it is unnessisary to do so

E: if this bothers you in anyway, feel free to contact me

Guy400
11-05-2002, 07:17 PM
This thread has just about seen better days. Please everyone, read Rule #3 at the bottom of every page. XC250R has a right to discuss his opinion of K&K. Shawn has a right to come on here and defend his business.

11-05-2002, 07:18 PM
Ddude lay off k&K atv is right!, they are shizit man and very nice people to me

XC250R
11-05-2002, 07:27 PM
I had a problem with the company, that has been going on for over 8 months now with no end in sight. I did call Lonestar twice on KandK's request and talked with Dan. He said he can not deal with me, he needed to talk with the dealer. If it wasn't important enough for them to clear their name with me before this post, why would it be important now that it has taken an oppurtunity to impact business? I have been contacted by Shawn twice today, that is more than he called me in 8months....twice as much even. I don't even care about the hubs anymore or the money. I just wanted to state a FACT that happened to me(not my opinion), and gave them every chance possible to straighten it out before now.

cdale20
11-05-2002, 09:39 PM
the way it seems to me is that you are blaming the wrong person. sure you bought the hubs from k and k, but they were manufactured by lonestar. the warranty goes through lonestar and thats it. the person you should be blaming is yourself for sending them back to the wrong person. they should have been sent back to lonestar. the fact that k and k was willing to work with you and send them to lonestar for you, and issue you a credit when they got the hubs back is nothing but going out of their way for you. if anything i think you should think about who you are blaming.
put it this way, if you were buying a quad from some kid, would you give him your money before you got the quad. no, i doubt it.
so think about the fact that kand k should have had nothing to do with it, but since you didn't like the way that lonestar wanted to help you, they were willing to help you out, and how do you repay them, by bashing them in public., thats weak dude. why don't you call k and k tomarrow and try to staighten this out man to man in stead of acting like a tough guy in front of you key board.

for the record, i am a proud customer and rider for kand k and know that those people bust their butts all day to try to make theymselves a great company and try to help any person wether a customer or not and being that they do more things during the day then sit in front of a computer to listen to inconsiderate people bash them for going out of their way, i highly recommend you think that maybe lonestar is the one jerking you around and trying to swallow some pride for their product that didn't hold up.

BigBore81
11-05-2002, 09:56 PM
I have to agree with cdale20 the problem is not k and k it is more than likely lonestar. I have been buying most of my products if not all of my products through k and k as long as i have been racing and i have nothing but great things to say about them. everytime i have done buisness with them they are more than willing to go the extra mile to meet customer satisfaction. I think k and k is a great buisness to deal with and just because you had a bad experience that doesn't mean go all over the net posting bad things about k and k when they are not even resposible for this matter my opinion is to grow up and learn how to deal with issues like this in an adult manner

skinrider440
11-05-2002, 10:05 PM
golden west cycle has a prob with sendin the right parts

Pappy
11-05-2002, 10:06 PM
i see it a little different. i myself have to contact manufactures on behalf of my customers on a daily basis. 99 times out of 100 the problem is resolved with a phone call......wether its to the customers satisfaction or not. good customer relations go way beyond the cash register and require work after the sale, especially when there is a problem. from reading what has been posted.....i take it that k&k had the ability to take this issue directly to the manufacture. instead, they chose to play the warranty game. that will not work nowadays.......customers expect way more then the fact of its the manufactures warranty policy and i cant do nothing for you. and the fact that they did ship the part to the manufacture and yet the issue remains leaves me with doubt that lonestar wants to stand behind its product or its dealers? who is at fault? probly noone....business takes this road from time to time. maybe now the issue can be resolved in a manner that makes the included parties content.

cdale20
11-05-2002, 10:09 PM
by the way, i bet if you spent less time complaining you might have remembered to tighten the the pinch bolt on the hub and it wouldn't have stripped out and broke....thus avoiding this entire situation.....

i feel that every company deserves a fair chance. i feel some pain for you because you spent 150 on a set of hubs and haven't got your money back. but to sit here and read this bs about k and k makes me ill. i belaive that ka nd k will give you your credit when lonestar holds up their end of the deal. just like the idiot who posts stuff about the gibson chassis he bought from them, and he got every cent back for. sure the chassis might have been bent or something but did he loose any money on it, no. that seems to be credible to me.

as far as who i recomend for bussiness, recomend companies like k and katv, east coast atv, nac's, legacy, and duncan for the simple fact that they try to keep every part they carry in stock and actually put monitarry support back into the sport itself. do you realize that if it weren't for companies like these the atv motocross sport would have died years ago, and our atv magazines wouldn't be more then just a five page pamphlet. i understand that everybody wants to find the cheepest price around, and that you may be able to find them at these places, but the fact that k and k and nac's sponsor over 200 riders per year a piece, is at every national, and are willing to go out of their way to get you racing says alot about the character of their bussiness.

so shop where you want but don't come crying when the only place you can ride a quad is on your playstaion.

i urge anyone to replay and discuss any of my issues whether with or against me.

wyndzer
11-05-2002, 10:12 PM
Good Grief!! If this has been going on for 8 months with K&K's knowledge then yes they are at fault. It is called customer service. K&K does not manufacture the LSR stuff, but they do sell it and they agreed to send the hubs to LSR for replacement. They should follow up with the problem until it is cured. Not wait until it goes public to start trying to fix the problem.
I, like Kenny and Shawn run a business and know how important customer service is.

Pappy
11-05-2002, 10:21 PM
well there is a point when a customer reaches the no help zone....lol at that point.....i evaluate what impact the loss of that customer or impact a disgruntled consumer will have on my business. it is very hard to get every detail on the forum.....so i still hold judgement on either party.

not to bring these guys into it......but this is the exact reason i use the quadshop. if i have any....AND I MEAN ANY.....complaints with a part it is returned and credit or another part shipped. there is a reason you build loyalty and deal with only a few shops.

cdale20
11-05-2002, 10:24 PM
i agree with you on the fact that customers nowadays want morethan the warranty game, however k and k did all that they were asked to, yet haven't issued a credit because they haven't got the new product back from the manufacturer. at the bottom of every k and k receipt it specifically says, all returns must be returned within 14 days...... and all warrantees are to be held by manufacturer. ..... the kid returned the hubs was it 3 months later, thats 93 days, do the math, 79 days after kandk held any responsibility. that to me means anything they do for this kid is a favor not a requirement.. if you feel it should be delt with in a different way maybe they could have lonestar send your company the hubs and you can credit this kid.... since at this point your company has as much to do with the transaction as does k and k...

don't mean to be rude but i am just standing up for all companies in this psition.

Pappy
11-05-2002, 10:26 PM
like i said.....very hard to get all the facts here.

wyndzer
11-05-2002, 10:29 PM
Kenny, I don't know about you, but if I did only what was "required" of me in my business. I would have no business.

Pappy
11-05-2002, 10:30 PM
as far as my company crediting him? lmao....sorry i dont sell quad parts.

but....i can tell you that customer service is the absolute #1 reason to deal with a company. price and availability are second.
and i have to bend my companys rules all the time....and yes it costs me money every time.....but i do it.....and i sleep well at night. but these off road ...high abuse parts have hardly any warranty and i can understand where the warranty must be held a bit tighter....no arguement there.

Pappy
11-05-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by wyndzer
Kenny, I don't know about you, but if I did only what was "required" of me in my business. I would have no business.

i hear ya......like i said.....sometimes ya just have to take a loss or break even. i have found it very easy to get customers taken care of ....but....we arent talking quad parts . but i can tell you this....if a represented manufacture didnt stand behind me.....they would be looking for a new dealer cuz they'd get my boot:)

nakomis0
11-05-2002, 11:00 PM
Damn you guys edited the ***** outta this thread. Should of just kept it closed:rolleyes:

yellowex01
11-05-2002, 11:07 PM

Evan
11-05-2002, 11:11 PM
Anyone else find it funny that k&k took 8 months to answer his email and in one day they respond to this thread.....

PS cdale20-XC250R aint a kid, hes 30 yrs old FYI.

Nausty
11-05-2002, 11:45 PM
I just thought i'd put in that The Quadshop seems to be a great shop. I am getting some hiper rims from them for a very nice price:D I'm gonna be doing more business with them and plus they are the site sponsor.

EX 80
11-06-2002, 12:08 AM
Hey now, I can't help but add my 2 cents in defending k and k atv. I have have Great service from them from YEARS. Just because someone has hard feelings towards them doesn't mean you should go trying to go put them out of buisness. hey ifyou don't like doing buisness with them go else where, don't start talking crap about them. I don't go talking crap about all the business that i have had problems with. My 2 cents. No Flames meant. ;)

QuadRacer041
11-06-2002, 04:47 AM
hey mod's, why was my first post about kandk and my gibson problem removed, i didnt start any flaming i just responded to others.in shawn's post you can still see were he responded to me.
i was just giving my opinion on kandk and what happened to me. i thought they were a good company too i had bout things from them a quite a while without any problems.usually thats how it goes everything is nice with a company and the buyer until the buyer has a problem, then the company loses intrest.
also looks like kandk is getting some of there buddies to come to the site, cdale20 all of a sudden is abrand shiney new member who just happens to see this post and defend's kandk, coincidence, i think not.

Guy400
11-06-2002, 05:31 AM
The first thread turned into a huge flame. A mod locked it, editted it and then reopened it.

QuadRacer041
11-06-2002, 05:38 AM
i understand guy, i know it turned into a huge flame and i can see editing all my other later post's out, but i dont think there was anything wrong with what i was saying about my frame problem, did you read that post of mine?did u think there was anything wrong with it?
i just gave my feelings on what happened to me just like the person who started the thread.

Guy400
11-06-2002, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by quad041
i understand guy, i know it turned into a huge flame and i can see editing all my other later post's out, but i dont think there was anything wrong with what i was saying about my frame problem, did you read that post of mine?did u think there was anything wrong with it?
i just gave my feelings on what happened to me just like the person who started the thread. Lou, I didn't do the editting. I woke up this morning and found the thread re-opened just like you did.

Ben
11-06-2002, 05:46 AM
Lou, I editted the thread. I got tired of seeing the thread degenerate into a flame fest - which is not what our site is about, no matter what the topic. We are here to discuss things rationally and not cuss each other out in the process. I welcome open dialoge on all companies, both good and bad - believe me, I am not getting a dime from any of these companies or any support whatsoever. I editted the thread in a way that both sides were adequately represented, just taking out the flames.

Ben

QuadRacer041
11-06-2002, 05:49 AM
ok, ben thats cool, i just didnt think there was anything with my first post, i think i was rational and didnt cuss anyone out

XC250R
11-06-2002, 05:58 AM
I am not trying to put anyone out of business. I have done a lot of business with KandK as well as others. As much business as I did with them in those few months they could at least have returned 1 phone call.

Business is always good until it goes bad, and that is where we separate the great dealers from the bottom of the barrel.

If you KandK supporters would actually read my posts, half of what you are saying doesn't even make sense. You must have been offerred 20% off just to come and post.

Ben
11-06-2002, 06:25 AM
Lou, when I saw the first line of your post -"kandk sux!" I believed that it was not going to offer anything objective to the conversation. I know that you had a large problem with K&K and a frame you bought from them - and I know that everytime someone posts a question about Gibson or K&K you relate your experience. For details, and K&K's response I would direct people to http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32274. No hard feelings! :)

Ben

QuadRacer041
11-06-2002, 06:39 AM
ok fair enough, that may have been out of order to say they suck.
and you are right everytime someone ASK's what people think of gibson or kandk i do explain my problem. but that is because they are for my opinion and want to know because they are thinking of buying from that company or that product, i never offer up this info out of the blue.i know that there are people have like kandk and like gibson but i had a bad expeirence and would like other people to be aware that i might happen to them.

buy the way ben, i think you tried to link the old original thread on the gibson issue but it didnt work.

QuadRacer041
11-06-2002, 06:40 AM
lol ok
guess you fixed it already

Ben
11-06-2002, 06:42 AM
Lou, I understand completely. I had a horrible experience with Marcums and know exactly where you are coming from :) Didn't you say you gave your wife the Quadshop's phone number for Christmas shopping purposes? That should keep things like this from happening :D Have a good one!

Ben

QuadRacer041
11-06-2002, 06:48 AM
thanks ben

later:)

JBBSPEED
11-06-2002, 08:03 AM
Someone posted on here that if Xc would have spent more time installing the parts right and less time whining he would not be in this spot. That is an attack flat out. Dude you were not there you have no way of knowing how they were installed. I was and they were put on right and tight. You can say they were a defect or just crap. But one thing is for sure you do not have a clue as to what you are talking about. Brian gave those people 8 months to straighten this out and a video of what happened and the removal of the hubs to leave no doubt of what happened. They decide to play a warranty game. This is the result of a bad choice on there part. I believe they will learn from it. People have recommend the Quad shop. That is were I will do my future Business. Brian was not looking to start a fight but some times you have to stand up for your self. If you have had good success with k&K I a truly glad and hope that company has more future success. But if anyone has gone through what Brian has with any company I would recommend you tell people just like he did. This may be ugly but it has at least brought attention to a true injustice. I can only end this by saying I hope this never happens again. Peace JBB.

XC250R
11-06-2002, 08:18 AM
Correct JBB, I never said don't buy from KandK, just mentioning what could happen if you needed their help. I hope they learn from this as well and try to improve service after the sell. KandK were the ones that said to send the hubs to them. The grey matter here is where are the old hubs? A receipt from KandK showing where they sent them to Lonestar would partially clear them, at least in my mind. Heck anyone who puts their dogs on their ATV's and sends out Christmas cards can't be all that bad.....can they?

shawn
11-06-2002, 09:40 AM
Here is the tracking number when we sent it to Lonestar almost 6 months ago (611156766079) It was signed for by a Karen Clark. By our records we recieved it from you on the 17th of May. (it was entered into the computer on that day.) I talked with Lonestar this AM and they said it must have slipped through. They also said they never told you that they did not recieve them from us. Please call & talk to Sheldon on that matter.

XC250R
11-06-2002, 10:13 AM
I stand corrected. That is all I have wanted from you guys for months now. Sorry it had to come to this, maybe next time the situation arises for you action will be taken to avoid such a problem for both parties. During one of my many calls to Lonestar they said they have never recieved anything from you, obviously that is what they thought if they told you it must have slipped through.

Thank you for your belated effort.

400exTN
11-06-2002, 01:08 PM
I received this email from Shawn with K&K regarding the item I won on ebay.

> I really do not know what happened but I just went out to our shipping and
> shipped it myself. Sorry for the mishap
> Shawn

Just wanted to let everyone that Shawn did handle the issue!

Thanks.

XC250R
11-06-2002, 02:01 PM
Well it does seem Shawn is trying to clean up this mess. Just wish it could have been done under better circumstances. Again, I was not trying to put them down, just stating the facts I had and figured that this had become my last resort. I will let everyone know the outcome in a few weeks.

Ben
11-06-2002, 04:57 PM
Looks like this thread has come to an equitable conclusion for everyone involved. I look forward to that update you promised XC250R :)

I am locking this down now.

Ben