PDA

View Full Version : Hey Macbook Owners

ShiftFMX
10-31-2007, 11:00 PM
I picked up a 160gb black macbook today and I have just about ran the battery down for the first time. My question is, do these batteries have a memory? It wont shorten the life of the battery to keep it plugged in all night will it?

kawabunga
11-01-2007, 12:13 PM
no it will not. plug it whenever, for however long you desire

Sjorge450R
11-01-2007, 12:58 PM
also how do you guys like these?

I use iMacs at school and I absolutely LOVE THEM. I just wanna know how nice the mac books are.

I am definetley buying a 2.0GHZ one for college this summer so i was just wondering how they are. Are they identical to the iMacs but in a notebook form?

ShiftFMX
11-01-2007, 04:50 PM
I absolutely love mine! I picked up the Black 160gb one. It has 2GB of ram and a Core Duo Processor, this this is FAST! I ended up paying about $1700 for this one

Sjorge450R
11-01-2007, 05:24 PM
that sounds good.

Yea its definetly true when they say

"once you go mac, you never go back"

its takes a while to get used to them, but once you do, you ask yourself how you have made it all these years without a mac...lol

kawabunga
11-01-2007, 05:42 PM
i love my mac for everything, but since i'm going to school for graphic design, it's really nice. it is true about once you go mac, you never go back. (except this one friend i have, she's odd though) i don't ever see myself buying an hp. who needs a right click...

ShiftFMX
11-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by kawabunga
who needs a right click...

I can Right mouse Click...

When my mouse is hooked up :p

Sjorge450R
11-01-2007, 06:36 PM
yea those mighty mouses are sweet. Im def getting one of those...

stumpleg
11-02-2007, 08:16 AM
I have been looking at one as well. Also, an IPhone may be in the future to go along with it.

Titanium
11-02-2007, 10:43 AM
im pretty sure that macbooks do have memorys on their batteries. I use them at school and a lot of our kids have batter issues from keeping them plugged in all the time. The iBooks are even worse about it. Other than that they are pretty sweet laptops.;)

Titanium
11-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by kawabunga
who needs a right click...

you can right click if you hold the control button (ctrl) while clicking and holding. after a second let off the control button and you will have the little menu pop up that has the new folder option and others.

kawabunga
11-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
you can right click if you hold the control button (ctrl) while clicking and holding. after a second let off the control button and you will have the little menu pop up that has the new folder option and others.

i know this. i meant not having a right click by the track-pad. most people that have never used a mac have no clue what to do because they dont have a right click.

and i've never had an issue with my battery. this is my second macbook and i've always plugged them in whenever for any amount of time, nor have i heard of anyone else with a similar problem.
However, i have heard of some MacBook Pros that had battery issues in general. not a memory thing, just going bad and having to get them replaced.

Sjorge450R
11-02-2007, 02:41 PM
yea my sister has a imac with a OS8 .....haha yea i know old. And the battery is done from her keeping it plugged in. That poor computer only has 3gb of memory...lol