PDA

View Full Version : Gusset Kit?

screaminta
10-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Since I started chasing my motor problems about a week ago, I have decided to do a complete overhaul on my bike. What I thought was a simple electrical problem became an engine leak problem that evolved into a crank bearing problem which evolved into a BAD CRANK PROBLEM!!!! Anyway, I am putting in a new seal for the stator and doing one last ride this weekend and crossing my fingers that the motor holds up before final teardown. Since I will be going through the motor completely, I have decide to go throughout the entire frame also, especially since I know of at least two minor cracks. I want to gusset it also and was wondering if anyone makes a gusset kit. I know how to weld very well and have a local PC house. and I will sandblast myself.
The only company I know of that sells gusset kits is Bare and I dont see a kit for the 250r though. Does anyone sell one or will it be a custom job performed by myself? thanks and sorry for the long post!!!

Creech52
10-31-2007, 09:22 PM
I believe pappy (bare) has a kit for the R, if not there were some companies making them. Realy if you have the supplies to do it I would suggest making you own gussets as its quite a bit cheaper and if your going to weld them in yourself pretty much skys the limits. There were some theads on here showing where to gusset and such. Really its quite easy to just cut some triangles out and then grind them to fit perfectly. I am not trying to knock anyone that makes the kits but I feel for bang for the buck you could easily do it yourself and save some money and also gusset places that the kits dont provide gussets for.