PDA

View Full Version : water cooled versus air cooled

Glenn Keaton
10-31-2007, 02:48 PM
got into a discussion about this at work and some people say that the water cooled is actually a faster machine, i cant wait to hear your replys!!!!

drr5
10-31-2007, 03:50 PM
since the introduction of the drr the water cooled cylinders didnt seem so promising on top of the fact that there werent many people using the wc stuff i have worked on and seen plenty of drrs run extremely well with little porting work done very promising imho we have the wc 70 and this little thing flat out rippps we will be building an 90 shortly to replace our air cooled big motor

Nichols Atvs
10-31-2007, 06:22 PM
This all depends on who you talk to, some say air is faster others say wc is faster imho i think its what do you perfer .Are you doing the work to it or some one else. I think wc is the wave of the future, un till something else comes out . RIDE THE WAVE MY FRIEND.

ecmini1
10-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Water cooled is going the run a tad cooler and this helps to make more usable power and will last longer on the rebuilds.
Far as faster its in the port timing of the cyl. also take into effect the parts that make it a water cooled machine adds weight to the machine and drag on the crank the turn the water pump. At this level of racing all of this is minor to the power of the machine. If you want your machine to last longer a ported (correctly) water cooled mini is the way.

hotquads1
11-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Ditto , these guys covered the subject well !
marc