PDA

View Full Version : Messed up.

oh three
10-30-2007, 04:48 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=322046

Any thoughts?

jonridesz400
10-30-2007, 06:15 PM
i had to do that to my 03 i dont have any problem with my leg burning on it it has a small welded on prong that keeps my leg off of the pipe right before it goes into the plastics.

oh three
10-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by jonridesz400
i had to do that to my 03 i dont have any problem with my leg burning on it it has a small welded on prong that keeps my leg off of the pipe right before it goes into the plastics.

So what you are saying is that even if i get another exhaust it will do the same thing? Or did you have an hmf also?

bellzbub
10-31-2007, 09:49 AM
have you tried adjusting the pipe? loosen everything up and move it around til it clears. there should be enough room for it to fit without burning the plastic or you. somewhere it is not aligned right. i have seen plenty of hmf's on z400's and NONE of them iv'e seen have this issue.

it may take a little time to get it right but it should clear everything. if as a last resort you could always call hmf and ask them. they have great service.

jonridesz400
10-31-2007, 03:20 PM
well most likely it will be going through the hole u have if its an aftermarket even my stock pipe goes through the hole in my plastic but what im saying is if you custom make some kind of small guard like ive got u dont even notice the pipe is there.

drzoo2
11-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by bellzbub
have you tried adjusting the pipe? loosen everything up and move it around til it clears. there should be enough room for it to fit without burning the plastic or you. somewhere it is not aligned right. i have seen plenty of hmf's on z400's and NONE of them iv'e seen have this issue.

it may take a little time to get it right but it should clear everything. if as a last resort you could always call hmf and ask them. they have great service.

Have to agree. I have a full FMF. When I put it on I made sure to align everything. I kept everything loose from the head back until it was just right. Then tightened it all down. I don't have this issue.

z