PDA

View Full Version : LTZ 400 plastics/exhaust

oh three
10-30-2007, 04:15 PM
I was wondering...

A few months ago i bought an HMF full systtem for my fourwheeler, and after i got it on and started riding, i noticed that it was melting the plastics back by the footpegs, i cut around the plastics, and now i hate it. I burn my leg on it, other people do also, and most of all it bugs the hell out of me, so if this has happened to anyone or know how to fix this, i would greatly appreciate it. I'll try to get the picture up in a bit.

P.S. if it can't be fixed I'll buy another exhaust, but I would like to try to fix the one that i have.

oh three
10-30-2007, 04:41 PM
http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/30752/2000683331471296161_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000683331471296161)

Here is the picture, as you can see it is pretty messed up. All the gunk on the actual pipe is from pants and legs, ive melted so many pairs of pants it is ridiculous. Anyway if anyone could help, that be good, if not what exhaust should i buy?

And if you need anymore pictures then i can get more pictures.

xrdrsux
10-30-2007, 05:24 PM
have you tried to put some heat resistant tape on the back of the plastics also do you have a heat shield on the pipe.

oh three
10-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by xrdrsux
have you tried to put some heat resistant tape on the back of the plastics also do you have a heat shield on the pipe.

Dont think that a heat gaurd would help the problem, also heat tape wont fix the cut that had to be made. I mean it woulda prevented it but that is too late. I guess ill buy a new pipe, and plastics. Im thinking i like the DMC afterburner, any comments as to what pipes you would reccomend?

xrdrsux
10-31-2007, 02:36 AM
check the charts on the single setups before you buy.. you may be able to spend an extra 50 bucks and get a set up that holds good through the entire rpm range.

I really havent seen melting plastics before but ive only been around a set of LTEs on a raptor700 and the are actually touching the plastic at all times. they have been on there for about a month now.