PDA

View Full Version : Doug Eichner @ Crawfordsville GNCC

TYLER329
10-30-2007, 01:54 PM
This last weekend at the Ironman GNCC I pitted right next to John Gallagher who had his practice bike there for Doug to ride in the pro class. I can say that both of these guys are great representatives for Polaris. John helped me get to the race and gave me pointers all weekend on things and Doug was just an all around cool guy, pretty laid back. We all had mechanical isues this weekend but had fun none the less.

FReEK
11-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Cool! what do you run? I want to race some cc and harescrambles and hopfuly a gncc down the road. And was just curios as to how I need set up my outlaw.

bam3611
11-01-2007, 04:39 AM
Tyler329 where you the one I seen at the Ironman with his feet over the bars trying to push your outlaw off the tree it was wedged between the bumper and wheel. I also got a chance to talk to John Gallagher he was really nice and we talked for about twenty min. he was full of good info

TYLER329
11-02-2007, 08:05 AM
No I didn't hit any trees, thank goodness! I raced the 24+C class and got second in the holeshot and stayed in the top ten for the first half hour and I was actually settling in and starting to pick off a few people when I went through a water crossing and the thing just shut off. After we got it towed back the Polaris engineers were looking at it and didn't figure it out. It sat out in the sun while we watched the pro race and when I came back to put it in the trailer it started rightup. Now after washing it three times to get all of the mud off it would start after each time. I'm getting water somewhere it shouldn't be in the electrical system.

LT250_JOE
11-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by TYLER329
No I didn't hit any trees, thank goodness! I raced the 24+C class and got second in the holeshot and stayed in the top ten for the first half hour and I was actually settling in and starting to pick off a few people when I went through a water crossing and the thing just shut off. After we got it towed back the Polaris engineers were looking at it and didn't figure it out. It sat out in the sun while we watched the pro race and when I came back to put it in the trailer it started rightup. Now after washing it three times to get all of the mud off it would start after each time. I'm getting water somewhere it shouldn't be in the electrical system.

RIGHT BEHIND THE CUTOUTS UNDER HEADLIGHTS IS A BLACK BOX(I ASSUME THE CDI). UNPLUG AND PUT DI-ELECTRIC GREASE ON CONNECTOR. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM CROSSING A CREEK AND FOUND THAT CONNECTOR SOAKED. IT IS IN A VERY POOR LOCATION, ANY WATER THAT HITS HIGH IN THE FRONT SOAKS THIS BOX. I'M GONNA EVENTUALLY MAKE A RUBBER BOOT TO COMPLETELY SEAL IT UP, BUT GREASE HAS BEEN WORKING FINE.

TYLER329
11-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Ok thanks man! I'll give that a shot. My buddy is one of our dealerships mechanics and he went though the bike the night before we left and put that grease in every connection but maybe we missed one.