PDA

View Full Version : Klaw XC's or Razr II's

Roman
10-30-2007, 11:44 AM
It's time for new tires and this is my short list due to my wanting 22" rears. So should it be the cheaper lighter Claws or are the Razr II's worth the extra expense? I ride the mountains and high rocky deserts of N. Utah. Thanks for the opinions.

Pipeless416
10-30-2007, 11:52 AM
it honestly depends what you want out of the tire. i have klaws all around now, and so does my brother. i can tell you right now that they do not hook when trying to just go forward under heavy throttle. mine sit and spin. however they do slide controllably, and they seem to be very durable and they wear extremely well. the price is also very nice. Now not speaking from experience, only word of mouth, razr IIs hook up great, but almost too well sometimes and they can make sliding difficult with the limited power of a 400ex. they supposedly wear very well too and will get you through most anything without any punctures... for a higher price tag. i will not be going with klaws next, but instead i will run regular razr's in the back and razr II's in the front.

trx400EXtreme
10-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
it honestly depends what you want out of the tire. i have klaws all around now, and so does my brother. i can tell you right now that they do not hook when trying to just go forward under heavy throttle. mine sit and spin. however they do slide controllably, and they seem to be very durable and they wear extremely well. the price is also very nice. Now not speaking from experience, only word of mouth, razr IIs hook up great, but almost too well sometimes and they can make sliding difficult with the limited power of a 400ex. they supposedly wear very well too and will get you through most anything without any punctures... for a higher price tag. i will not be going with klaws next, but instead i will run regular razr's in the back and razr II's in the front. x2 on the razr's in the back and razr II's in the front. thats the combo i run. my rears hook up great. ive never really heard much about the razrII rears, but of what i have heard, the razrI's are better. as for the razrII fronts, i can say from experience i like them way better the the razrI's. just my .02.:macho

gcart2
10-30-2007, 03:57 PM
gross... razr2's... lol. the worst tire i ever ran in my life.. lasted forever sadly.. they weighed a ton and were so freaking big.. the 20's are like 22"s. i would do 20" razrs. screw the 2's:p lol that rhymed.

oleboy87
10-30-2007, 04:24 PM
yep my holeshot rears are like that too... i ordered 20's and they are like 22's i had to change my gearing to accommodate for the bigger tires.. dont understand it!

Roman
11-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks for info guys. Anyone else?

11-01-2007, 06:40 PM
regular razr's on the rear is probally ther best tire i have seen for all around everything. i is great for rocky areas, hill climbs, sand, mud, clay mx or trails they seem to work for everything. they have very predictable sliding characteristics and to me are the best tire to buy. for the fronts i havent tried razr II but they have an aggressive look, like they would handle really well in rough terrain and trails. i just hate how they are more expensive for the razr II fronts

Roman
11-02-2007, 07:53 AM
OK, Origional Razrs for the rear, but the 4 or the 6 ply. I'm assuming 6, but I thought I'd make sure.

Flynbryan19
11-02-2007, 08:08 AM
6ply for sure.

With a 400 I would not get Razr2's. I have them now on my Z and though they are one aggressive tire its too much tire for a 400. Too much traction and weight. I've ridden both and the Razr1 is the way to go for the rear. The 2's are great if you ride in slop all day, but 95% of my riding is dry conditions.

mittman
11-02-2007, 08:42 AM
i have razorII on my 400ex and i love them and they also clean up nice as well i would go with razor

r-exrider0003
11-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Yeah I would defnitly go with the razr, 1 or 2. I have never rode on II's but I had 1's on my 300ex and it rode really good, and hooked up great. I have klaw 22's on my 400 and i hate em', actually switched out for razrs off my brothers old 400... But the klaws are really bouncy and balloony. The traction is decent, can slide really good, and they do wear really slowly and evenly, but razrs do too and theyre much better IMO... get the razrs you wont regret it...

procircuit406ex
11-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Just throwing this out there but I would look into a set of HD's. I switched from Razr2's to HD's to these and I don't think I'll ever buy another rear tire..I love them.

dang400ex
11-05-2007, 08:59 PM
razr 2s provide unbelievable traction