PDA

View Full Version : Living up to my name.....firefighting

firefighterjosh
10-30-2007, 02:34 AM
Sent in my application to Fort wayne fire dept.

My written test in Dec 8th, CPAT practice test Nov 10.

Hope I do good, I am kinda nervous:(

any tips are welcome

For those who don't know I am a volunteer right now

10-30-2007, 03:30 AM
good luck from an ex volunteer

firefighterjosh
10-30-2007, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
good luck from an ex volunteer

Thanks, after reading the physical part...i am gunna need it:scary: :macho

troyleepred719
10-30-2007, 10:07 AM
VERY EXCITED FOR YOU JOSH!!!

My advice to you is Practice...Run throught your basics like crazy, they check for the littlest things. Get used to Donning your gear PERFECTLY, and then time yourself. Once you can do everythign plus a pack ion 1:30, you will be fine. As long as you stay in good physical condition, you will be fine, I am nearly 265, but in great condition, and I passed it fine so you should do good. Good luck, and if you want to talk more about it, hit me up on AIM, IN2DAFLAME343.....

Good Luck Josh....

bcg717
10-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Right before your pt test. Get yourself pysched up. When you get your self in the "ZONE" there is no one that can stop you. But definately start training your ***** off.

Robin Hood
10-30-2007, 12:50 PM
It shouldn't be too hard. I've been a volunteer firefighter for just over a year now. Good luck!

Ghost-Rider
10-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Good Luck Josh !

troyleepred719
10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
It shouldn't be too hard. I've been a volunteer firefighter for just over a year now. Good luck!

LOL, when it comes to these tests, theres no such thing as, "Not to Hard".... Not sure where you are a member, but up here, training is training for a reason, there no such thing as not breaking a sweat, not flaming or anything...

firefighterjosh
10-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
VERY EXCITED FOR YOU JOSH!!!

My advice to you is Practice...Run throught your basics like crazy, they check for the littlest things. Get used to Donning your gear PERFECTLY, and then time yourself. Once you can do everythign plus a pack ion 1:30, you will be fine. As long as you stay in good physical condition, you will be fine, I am nearly 265, but in great condition, and I passed it fine so you should do good. Good luck, and if you want to talk more about it, hit me up on AIM, IN2DAFLAME343.....

Good Luck Josh....

Thanks, I can don my gear withing the 1:30. I aussually shoot for 1 min.

In good condition? Ahh kinda lol. I need to step it up lol.

This 1st test is not too much of a accualyl firefighting type test. its more of a "lazy people vs hard workers" I guess you could say.

We have to wear a 50lb vest, then run up stairs with a hose, drag hose, climb and desend a latter, run and do somet other stupid stuff. Its going to be hard, but I belive I can pass it. I heard the hardest part is the interview:confused:

firefighterjosh
10-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood

I have been volunteering for about 3 years now. Haven't been to active lately due to my 3rd shift, but those tests where hard enough.

Can't wait too see what a full timer goes threw.

right now I am just studying for my written

Robin Hood
10-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
LOL, when it comes to these tests, theres no such thing as, "Not to Hard".... Not sure where you are a member, but up here, training is training for a reason, there no such thing as not breaking a sweat, not flaming or anything...

Nah it's cool. I haven't done through fire school or anything yet cause I don't have the time anymore to make calls. College is enough stress. :ermm:

Bradracer18
10-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Drink some "powerthirst" before......watch the video....should help you out tremendously. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoWzU_Dv0VE

ATV Chic
11-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Good luck Josh I"m sure you'll ace it! :macho

firefighterjosh
11-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
Good luck Josh I"m sure you'll ace it! :macho

I talked to a fire fighter yesterday. As long as I can get threw the first test I am gunna ace the physical part:D Ive done most of them through my volunteer dept.