PDA

View Full Version : Its getting that time !

QuadJunkies
10-30-2007, 01:12 AM
Were getting ready here soon to do 2 full tear down for the 2008 season.
Pappy, Id like to send you both kids quads .
could you suggest some cool colors for Brandons?
We will be sticking with the black and yellow colors,they are still Brandons fave... maybe something a little different?
Got any cool wild color schemes that would look good? Maybe a black and yellow mix ?Something a little wild !!

Troy wants something thats easy to wash. The matte colors we used on Brandons this past season was PITA to clean.

Kelsey wants the same colors she has now, but someone who can work with the powders better than us .:o lol
When we get closer to having them fully town down, Ill start a thread for you ,just holla when its a good time for you ;)
Heres Brandons.
http://www.pbase.com/image/78275677/original.jpg

Kelseys
I wish it still looked this fresh.. LOL
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/75798633.jpg

Pappy
10-30-2007, 05:59 AM
ummm, ill give the black and yellow some thought. the problem with the mini si you just know its gonna be wrenched on a ton so the fancier you go the harder it will be to nolt scrw it up or god forbid he crack the frame again...lol

no problem on kelseys

QuadJunkies
10-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
ummm, ill give the black and yellow some thought. the problem with the mini si you just know its gonna be wrenched on a ton so the fancier you go the harder it will be to nolt scrw it up or god forbid he crack the frame again...lol

No doubt :scary:
We just wanted something a little different .Ill check out some of the colors stickied in here and ask you if I see anything :)

QuadJunkies
10-31-2007, 10:44 PM
Pappy, I was told to ask you about Black and yellow crackle?
Sounds cool!
Im picking the guys brains on a scheme in the DRR section.

Pappy
11-01-2007, 05:41 AM
there is 2 issues to watch using the crackle powders...

1, they arent very weather durable

2, they are a ***** to keep clean

gbcap
11-01-2007, 06:26 AM
what about a black fade in the rear under the yellow plastics...to a yellow frame in the front under the black plastics. with a fade in the middle???

QuadJunkies
11-01-2007, 11:01 AM
there is 2 issues to watch using the crackle powders...

1, they arent very weather durable

2, they are a ***** to keep clean

Nuff said on that then . LOL
We will skip it then. :p
WE need something easy to clean for sure this year.Kelseys usually the one cleaning them and shes SICK of Brandons .
gcap has a good idea!
Is that hard to do?

This year is about anything that can be Simple but of course look good.Id rather the kids get seat time this year and not have all the hangups they had last year with quads being torn apart.

Im really liking the Prism ,if thats not too bad to do,we may go with that for the frame . :)

QuadJunkies
11-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Pappy, do you have someone there that can balst the frames?
Its getitng tougher and tougher to find someone here locally that does. The last guy who done it overblasted one of our parts so Im a little leary taking it back.
Also could you email me a quote for :
2 frames-1 Prism black(unless you know of a dif. color thats nice) and 1 Phyco Green
1 mini Swing Arm
one set of mini A-Arms
1 stem
Also possibly a couple smaller pieces,nothing major . Ill get with Troy and ask for sure on that . ;)
Thank you!
Instead of PM's you can email me at tntkuna@msn.com if you like .

Pappy
11-03-2007, 11:33 AM
yes, i have a company that strips, no worries

pricing will be my cost for you guys

QuadJunkies
11-03-2007, 12:37 PM
yes, i have a company that strips, no worries

pricing will be my cost for you guys
Thank you ! :)

Do you prefer to order powder, or would you like me to?

Troy will have them torn down in couple days or so Ill let ya know when were ready to ship them.
Also, what would blasting all that run?
Im skerd to find out .:uhoh: :p LOL

QuadJunkies
11-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Pappy, were boxing it up tomorrow and shipping it offthis week ! :)
Can I get your address and total pricing if possible? Gives me some time to put some money aside..;)
You can email me at tntkuna@msn.com if you like .

What would be the best powder to use for the Stem,bumper and Nerf Bars?
The stealth?

Pappy
11-11-2007, 08:56 PM
stealth or gloss black would work well...your call

BK Performance
84 Chase Lane
Hedgesville WV

Just let me know the final colors so I can get them in here if I dont already have them etc

No worries on the $$, I will let you know the totals when we see what all we are doing and colors etc.

QuadJunkies
11-11-2007, 09:17 PM
stealth or gloss black would work well...your call

BK Performance
84 Chase Lane
Hedgesville WV

Just let me know the final colors so I can get them in here if I dont already have them etc

No worries on the $$, I will let you know the totals when we see what all we are doing and colors etc.
Troy said lets try the gloss this time on nerfs and stem since the frame will be similiar.

On the small pieces, what ever you think would look good is fine by us.
Here is the list of parts ,Ill tell Troy to label them with name as well before packing. I dont have any powder for either minis anymore..
Brandons mini-

FRAME
STEM
BUMPER
SWINGARM
2-UPPER MOTOR MOUNTS
2-BRAKE LEVERS
THRODDLE COVER
4-BAR CLAMPS
STEM CLAMP
SM. ALUMINUM CUSTOM PC. FOR REAR BRAKE
BARS
# PLATE BRACKET
NERF BARS W/ HEEL GUARDS
A-ARMS

QuadJunkies
11-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Pappy,
2 boxes were shipped today, should arrive to you sometime on Mon.
:)

Pappy
11-15-2007, 12:40 PM
ill be lookin for'em!

QuadJunkies
11-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Did they show up yesterday?
I never trust the shipping companies with anything . :scary:
lol

Pappy
11-20-2007, 01:31 PM
i just took them off the fed ex truck 5 mins ago

QuadJunkies
11-21-2007, 12:10 AM
i just took them off the fed ex truck 5 mins ago
Great,glad they made it!:)

QuadJunkies
11-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey Pappy,
Troy wanted me to dbl. check and ask if he might have forgot to take out the steering stem bearing in the frame? He was goign threw the parts and didnt see it and doesnt remember pulling it.
If its not too late, can you remove it for us?
Thank you!

Pappy
11-25-2007, 04:33 PM
i will check and remove if needed, no problem.

and i need to nail down the black were doing...gloss black or prismatic black? (prismatic is super expensive now FYI if it helps...lol)

QuadJunkies
11-25-2007, 04:49 PM
When you say super expensive, what are we talkin?
We preferred it so that it stands out ,hes already had black gloss and would like something a little different.Is it the powder thats went up in price? Or is it just a PITA to do? lol:p
There should be a list in each box of the colors for the parts(a couple smaller ones can be black gloss) .

Pappy
11-25-2007, 04:54 PM
the powder itself, its easy to do perse'

powder cost for gloss black $46

powder cost for prismatic $93 + $36 for clear (required)

it has to do with the metalflake in the powder, all metal flakes more then doubled in price. ill gladly shoot it in anything you;d like, just keeping you in the loop!

Pappy
11-25-2007, 04:56 PM
trust me, it will stand out:p

QuadJunkies
11-25-2007, 04:58 PM
the powder itself, its easy to do perse'

powder cost for gloss black $46

powder cost for prismatic $93 + $36 for clear (required)

it has to do with the metalflake in the powder, all metal flakes more then doubled in price. ill gladly shoot it in anything you;d like, just keeping you in the loop!
Is that per pound or for 5 pounds?
If that price for the Prism is total, we will do that . :)
We wanted Prism, cause Ive seen your work with it .:cool:

Pappy
11-25-2007, 05:00 PM
5 pounds will coat everything you sent so to speak. (probaly only take 3 1/2 or so but best to have a tad extra then to run short!)

ordering now

QuadJunkies
11-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Pappy, Can Troy give you a buzz real quick?
Shoot me your number;)

Pappy
11-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Got it! Thanks Pappy!

spanky101
11-25-2007, 07:55 PM
im really looking forward to seeing this mini! haha and sorry quadjunkie for thinkin you were a guy in the other thread. but your family has some really nice quads!

QuadJunkies
11-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by spanky101
im really looking forward to seeing this mini! haha and sorry quadjunkie for thinkin you were a guy in the other thread. but your family has some really nice quads!
Not a problem,your not the 1st one to think that .:p
Not to many females really post much around here consistantly either.
Im looking forward to seeing it done too!
I know Pappys work always shines.... :cool:

spanky101
11-25-2007, 08:21 PM
haha yah, like you said, not many girls post regularly! but im definatly a fan of the blaster hybrid, id sorta like to have one for myself to play on! haha

insaneracin2003
11-30-2007, 11:22 PM
QJ, Ya still got my 400 huh??? my orange and punurple one?? lol

QuadJunkies
11-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
QJ, Ya still got my 400 huh??? my orange and punurple one?? lol \
I sure do! :D
Shes still beautiful as ever!!
I coudlnt figure out why she was running like crap though last wk end when racing,so Troy took it out for a spin....
Think I blew a head gasket during my race .:ermm: lol
Never had that happen EVER .
If thats the biggest worry Ive had, I think Im doing good!:p
http://www.pbase.com/image/89459208/original.jpg

insaneracin2003
12-01-2007, 12:21 AM
sweet,thanks for the updated pic:macho. shoot, ya had that quad for a while now. I think it and you did great. get it fixed and get back out there!!!....

QuadJunkies
12-01-2007, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
sweet,thanks for the updated pic:macho. shoot, ya had that quad for a while now. I think it and you did great. get it fixed and get back out there!!!....
I have... And shes been the only quad thats been the most reliable!:o :p
I always say Ill sell and trade her, but I dont know if I couldand its more about the kids now anyhow .
Shes not as fast as these 450's but she holds her own and most of the time runs like a champ!:macho
Kelsey might get her next, who knows!

:D

insaneracin2003
12-01-2007, 05:20 PM
well, if you ever decide to part ways with her. let me know, i am still kinda looking for a quad since mine was stolen....

QuadJunkies
12-08-2007, 09:23 PM
So how are things looking Pappy?!!
I know you have been down with your back, so I thought I would ask.
Cant wait to see it done!

Pappy
12-08-2007, 09:32 PM
doing good here ..still sore as hell but getting mobile enough to knock out some small light parts.

everything of yours is at the strippers until tuesday, powder has arrived (they lost a $1000 order but found it and got it here) so looks like next week will be a tad bit busy around here as i finish up about 10 quads:p

QuadJunkies
12-08-2007, 09:37 PM
doing good here ..still sore as hell but getting mobile enough to knock out some small light parts.

everything of yours is at the strippers until tuesday, powder has arrived (they lost a $1000 order but found it and got it here) so looks like next week will be a tad bit busy around here as i finish up about 10 quads:p

Sounds like you will be!! :eek2: :scary: :p
Just be careful ;)

Pappy
12-14-2007, 08:42 AM
powder is here, all parts are back so over the next couple of days i will be knocking this all out.

i put the stem in the frame but cant see exactly how or where to weld any form of tab on for a stabilizer, so i you will have to decide what move to make here

1. i coat the stem and you get the proper size bracket for the stabilizer mount

2. i send the stem back bare, so it can have the mount fab'd then either send me back the stem for coating.

IMO....getting the correct mount is best seeing that with a small quad like this, getting the angle of that mount if critical for the stabilizer to work as it has such a short throw.

everything else looked good, they did a nice job of getting all the old powder off every part:p

QuadJunkies
12-14-2007, 08:50 AM
powder is here, all parts are back so over the next couple of days i will be knocking this all out.

i put the stem in the frame but cant see exactly how or where to weld any form of tab on for a stabilizer, so i you will have to decide what move to make here

1. i coat the stem and you get the proper size bracket for the stabilizer mount

2. i send the stem back bare, so it can have the mount fab'd then either send me back the stem for coating.

IMO....getting the correct mount is best seeing that with a small quad like this, getting the angle of that mount if critical for the stabilizer to work as it has such a short throw.

everything else looked good, they did a nice job of getting all the old powder off every part:p

Ill give Troy the message today and have him call you !
Was getting all that powder off a beeitch ?
:uhoh: lol
Cant wait to see it!
I hope your feeling better .
Maybe the wife can get you a gift Cert. to a masouse(sp?) for Christmas. :D
We will be using a Blue and Yellow plastic combo instead. I think these colors should look good with it!

Pappy
12-14-2007, 09:09 AM
im not feeling any better really. 5 am again this morning i was screaming out in pain as my back locked up again.

i have a small batch and frame to do today then my attention moves to your parts. no, the powder that was on the parts came right off, thats why it goes to the burn off oven, it makes short work of coatings:p

QuadJunkies
12-14-2007, 09:23 AM
im not feeling any better really. 5 am again this morning i was screaming out in pain as my back locked up again.

i have a small batch and frame to do today then my attention moves to your parts. no, the powder that was on the parts came right off, thats why it goes to the burn off oven, it makes short work of coatings:p
Sounds like its time to start thinking about seeing what options you have with your back now :(
If your in that much pain, its not worth it ,go get whats needed done so you can feel better! I rmember when I hurt my back when I wrecked and that was no fun :ermm:

I have a feeling Troys going to tell you to just go ahead and shoot it and we will deal with it later.

Pappy
12-14-2007, 09:31 AM
usually a pain last a few days and its done, but when it wont get better i geuss there arent really many options.

bridget said troy called, and i think thats the best course of action. hetricks should have the proper billet mount and all issues will be resolved

Pappy
12-14-2007, 12:18 PM
ok...your on deck

I am going to shoot a few items gloss black just for the ease of replacing them or having them redone. (nerfs, bumper, bars) If these get damaged or need repair, getting them back to gloss black will be your easiest recourse. A few of the very small parts will get gloss black as well due to fitment issues if more then one coat of powder is used. These parts are so small that you wouldnt notice the effects of the prism so it wont interfere with the overall look once assembled.

More to follow as completed

QuadJunkies
12-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Sounds good Boss! :)

Pappy
12-14-2007, 03:01 PM
bumper

Pappy
12-14-2007, 03:02 PM
bars

another big batch is curing now......looked pretty wild last I saw it:eek2:

Pappy
12-14-2007, 05:04 PM
small parts

Pappy
12-14-2007, 05:05 PM
more small parts

Pappy
12-14-2007, 05:06 PM
swing arm

(it really takes sunshine and not flash to make all the colors come out in a picture)

Pappy
12-14-2007, 05:07 PM
stem

Pappy
12-14-2007, 05:09 PM
heel gaurds and flat piece

nerfs have a coat on them, but they were a pretty rough surface so i will sand the color coat and double coat them.

Pappy
12-14-2007, 08:25 PM
nerfs..ummmm good stuff:bandit:

Pappy
12-14-2007, 08:26 PM
arms

QuadJunkies
12-15-2007, 12:00 AM
You are SOOOO AWESOME Pappy...
Those look GREAT!
I cant WAIT to get it out in the sunlight!:blah:
Brandon is ear to ear like this :D

QuadJunkies
12-15-2007, 11:03 AM
The roughness on the nerfs are where we must have gone wrong when we done it. the powder we used prior was the same Kelsey has and they turned out totally different.
Those will be sooo much easier to clean now!

Pappy
12-16-2007, 11:30 AM
i grabbed a few shots before boxing them up, seeing the sun is out

Pappy
12-16-2007, 11:33 AM
tell troy that i sanded the pivot bolt area for him, but there maybe more to remove. if i was assembling the quad i could fit and refit until it was the way i wanted it. you cant see it when installed so no biggy but i wanted to give you a heads up

QuadJunkies
12-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Thats sooooo sweet!!
Troy was here when looking at the photos-no problem. ;)

I almost forgot....The frame! lol
I was showing off the parts in the mini section and forgot the most important piece!
Hows it look?!

Pappy
12-16-2007, 11:46 AM
its sitting here ready to shoot. yesterday my back just wasnt in the game (or friday) so all i did was small parts. i was planning on doing a batch today depending on the storm we were supposed to get, which thankfully did not really hit us, so maybe later this afternoon I will see if i can run it through. (its sunday so the wife may ***** at me a wee bit:p )

QuadJunkies
12-16-2007, 11:58 AM
No Worries Pappy!
Brandon said he was in no hurry.. LOL!!
Hes so kind hearted that if he was left in charge, he would give you 7 days paid and go hunting!
:p

Pappy
12-16-2007, 12:03 PM
my kind of kid:p

i just boxed up most of the small parts, stem and the smallest parts will come with the frame. i need an addy to ship to.

QuadJunkies
12-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Tina Lugan
308 W. Whitetail Ct.
Kuna,Idaho 83634

Pappy,did you get my PM about how much I owe you and how you would like it paid?

Pappy
12-16-2007, 12:54 PM
payment is what works best for you..paypal, check, credit card etc

ill have a total as soon as i see what shipping runs, then i will get ahold of you etc

QuadJunkies
12-16-2007, 01:13 PM
sounds good.
I still cant believe how much difference shipping was from Fed Ex vs. UPS
It was like 200.00 difference one way!:huh

Pappy
12-16-2007, 01:32 PM
yep, it pays to check rates. dhl has been doing right by me so far, even though i get so nervouse shipping out this coming week and last week because i know how badly the boxes get treated.

Pappy
12-18-2007, 04:14 PM
DHL# 25035096052

I am planning on shooting the frame tomorrow, i would have done it tonight but I got a piece of someting in my damn eye and cant half see. I should be able to shoot it and get it out tomorrow with the other box.

QuadJunkies
12-18-2007, 11:48 PM
DHL# 25035096052

I am planning on shooting the frame tomorrow, i would have done it tonight but I got a piece of someting in my damn eye and cant half see. I should be able to shoot it and get it out tomorrow with the other box.
Poor Pappy...You have had a ROUGH week!:scary:
lol
Sounds good!

Pappy
12-19-2007, 07:07 AM
well whatever it was worked its self out last night...i can see i can see:p :devil:

Pappy
12-19-2007, 03:14 PM
:confused:

Pappy
12-19-2007, 03:16 PM
will do?

Mxjunkie
12-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Nice! That has a really nice glossy finish to it, pretty cool what powder can do. :blah: :macho

QuadJunkies
12-19-2007, 11:49 PM
will do?
Hell yeah!:eek2: :blah:

I had no doubt in my mind it would look anything less than SWEET!!
Thank you so much Pappy .:)
Is it not what you was expecting?

Pappy
12-20-2007, 06:05 AM
oh heck yeah its fine, i just run out of things to say in these threads sometimes...lol:p

QuadJunkies
12-20-2007, 10:39 AM
oh heck yeah its fine, i just run out of things to say in these threads sometimes...lol:p
No I think it looks great.It will sweeten a few articles were working on.
Maybe there is some truth to your quote in the your avatar!:D
lol
PM me and let me know what we owe you.;)

With all the traveling you will be doing this summer, will you be doing anymore PC'ing later in the year?
I cant get Kelseys off to you until we have a break in the racing since were so close to opening season.
Seems like it was just over!:scary: :p

Pappy
12-20-2007, 12:16 PM
oh yeah I will be coating year round as always. the quad work slows down ofcourse, but i have a few harley shops that keep me busy all year. (i could stop doing quad work if i wanted but i do enjoy it)

the cool thing about the racing season is that i can do my oc work during the week, and travel towards the end of the week and weekends, i just schedule my work load accordingly.

the biggest thing i am facing soon will be losing my real job:eek2: i'll be down to 2 fulltime jobs then, i wont know what do with myself..lol

QuadJunkies
12-20-2007, 12:31 PM
i'll be down to 2 fulltime jobs then, i wont know what do with myself..lol
How about R-E-L-A-X !
I wish we were able to a little . lol
Actually, its more stress lately :scary:

Pappy
12-21-2007, 06:05 PM
wow..what a pain that frame was to package!! they will not pick up again until monday, christmas eve, but it will roll out:p

DHL# 25114857250

the stem, and a small box containing the rest of the parts is inside!

QuadJunkies
12-21-2007, 11:55 PM
wow..what a pain that frame was to package!! they will not pick up again until monday, christmas eve, but it will roll out:p

DHL# 25114857250

the stem, and a small box containing the rest of the parts is inside!

:p Sorry Pappy. lol
Any idea what the estimated date was for arrival on them?
I want to make sure someone is home when it comes.

QuadJunkies
12-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Pappy,the 1st box arrived..
Was tough to shoot the color outside today. :p
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/90775499.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/90775496.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/90775497.jpg

Pappy
12-25-2007, 12:37 PM
frame should be right behind them!!

looks pretty wild in the sun eh:p

QuadJunkies
12-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Pappy,a member has a question on the powder...
Its the last post I think.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3086443#post3086443

QuadJunkies
12-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Frame came today!!:blah:

I havent seen everything yet(had to work tonight) but I guess they did manage to damage something in transit,Troy said something got dinged up a bit .:( Kelsey took some pics of it,Ill know more tomorrow.
Frame looks SWEEEEETTTT in my kitchen...... :devil::D

Pappy
12-29-2007, 01:20 AM
well i had my fingers crossed they would not be to rough on it:p

let me know if there is anything i can do