PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Carb

AJG400
10-29-2007, 08:16 PM
I just put my Doug Eichner series carb on my 440 and i don't really know y people say its soo hard to tune. I put it to the factory specs and the quad started right up and idled fine. I had to go a little richer but it seems to run good soo far. i cant really say if its a big improvement because i have to get a new cable (mine is frayed) but when i get that done tommorow i will post up what i think of it. it has to be better than stock mayb not as good as a 450 or fcr but for 13 bux i don't think i will be disappointed

Phillburt57
10-29-2007, 10:19 PM
I have an Eichner on my 400 and love it. It's easy to tune and looks great. You got the carb for 13 bucks????

REDRIDDER
10-30-2007, 10:35 AM
EDELBROCK all the way, and yes they are very easily tuned and a huge improvement...

AJG400
10-30-2007, 10:24 PM
got the carb all done it runs pretty good only disappointment is i cant get it not to stumble off idle if i punch the gas and the long throw. i'm goin riding this weekend so i will have more to say after that. i only paid 13 bux outta my pocket for it. i bought new plastic cuz my stock plastic was painted by the previous owner. it was in good shape so i repainted them and traded a friend of mine because the carb came on his 400 but he didn't kno how to adjust it and gave up