PDA

View Full Version : Taft and Awards ceremony?

adrenalinefreak
10-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey everyone!

Thanks for taking a look at this thread. I was hoping you might be able to answer some of my questions and maybe others have the same questions!!

My main question is how long does the awards ceremony take? I have a decent drive afterward and I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to stay sunday night and just drive home Monday!

Do we have to bring anything to the banquet?

How does everyone dress for the thing? Casual...dressy?

While were here...what is the Taft track like? Is it a rough track? Brutal? Fast? Whooped out? Just curious...

Hope to see everyone there!

QuadJunkies
10-31-2007, 01:17 AM
Sean told me its Business casual .

hanes17
10-31-2007, 03:48 PM
I dont have any info on the banquet, but I do on the track. The tack is a rough track. It has a lot of square edges. The dirt there sucks too. If they water it theres mud. If there is no water its really dusty. It is really hard to get an in between surface.

QuadJunkies
10-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by hanes17
I dont have any info on the banquet, but I do on the track. The tack is a rough track. It has a lot of square edges. The dirt there sucks too. If they water it theres mud. If there is no water its really dusty. It is really hard to get an in between surface.
Ive talked to a local promoter and some of the dirt bikes about Taft.. All I get is a turned up nose when mentioning Taft. :p lol

raidernut
10-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Thats funny most people i talk to love it. Neat off road section, nice rolling hills, awesome camping, great views for spectators. ya gets rough, but dont all worcs tracks?

d kelley
10-31-2007, 08:20 PM
taft is a great quad track. very wide everywhere and fast. the pits are big and all lighted up, the owners are really cool people too. I think it will be a great place to end the year. There is usually a lot of district 37 riders there and those guys are pretty fast. It does get hard packed in some places and can get be muddy in others. there was paved road section the last 2 years. It is actually a lot like our swamp track in Overton, Adrenalinefreak.

QuadJunkies
10-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by raidernut
Thats funny most people i talk to love it. Neat off road section, nice rolling hills, awesome camping, great views for spectators. ya gets rough, but dont all worcs tracks?
Just remember... We are talking dirt bikes here ..:o :p :D lol
Most of the guys seems top be abit spoiled and like there tracks perfectly groomed and not overwatered.
Were used to getting what were given and appreciate what we can get .
I have actually heard a couple other quad riders on this site that have said they didnt care for Taft in the past.

CannondaleRider
10-31-2007, 09:35 PM
I love Taft, Honolulu hills is a blast.

It does get a little blue groove and chopped up, but it's still fun.

400grl
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Taft gets ROUGH.........and silty........the mx portion will get huge holes in the long sweepers......and the offroad portion will get even more.....so make sure your suspension is dialed in for Taft.

QuadJunkies
11-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Looks like Kelsey gets to hang with everyone at Taft...
She is getting "sponsored" round trip airfare from a riders family so she could hang out with everyone for the award ceremonys.
Lucky lil **** LOL she is very excited to hang out with everyone so BIG thanks and very nice of them to think of her :)
This is my 1st time sending her off on a plane.... Im gonna be a bag of nerves . :cry:

Have fun at Taft everyone and take LOTS OF PICS !!