PDA

View Full Version : anybody else had a streamline clutch cable stretch on them?

Juggalo
10-28-2007, 06:37 PM
i installed a streamline steel braided clutch cable on the ol 400 the other day, and in about 5 minutes i had no clutch left! ****er had already stretched out! what gives i thought these were supposed to be some of the best cables out there. i compared it to the motion pro i just put on today and the streamline had about 4 inches on the motion pro.

i know it was the right one too because it felt and worked great for the first few minutes. i don't know i am pretty dumbfounded. anybody else heard of anything like this happening or do you think i just somehow got a defective cable?

Big - D Racing
10-28-2007, 11:02 PM
that's pretty crazy, is the cable thinner than the motion pro? I never used them the only thing they have is the stainless steel covering the cable. Never heard any feedback on the actual cable. I tend to only run the stock cable.

Juggalo
10-29-2007, 03:00 PM
well i always heard they were like one of the best cables out there...seemed to be about the same thickness as the motion pro tho. i dont know what the deal is but i'm pretty pissed!

Aceman
10-29-2007, 04:58 PM
You seem a little worked up over a clutch cable. Are you not able to readjust it and try it again?

mikey726
10-29-2007, 07:42 PM
I put one of those on before my first race this year but I didn't get a chance to ride it first. I had to pull off after the first lap and tie two knots in it so I could finish. I talked to streamline and they sent me a new one, and I went and tested it and it did the same thing. Switched back to Motion Pro and no more problems.

Big - D Racing
10-29-2007, 07:53 PM
that cable isn't cheap so that's why he is mad. You spend that money it better work

Aceman
10-29-2007, 10:08 PM
I guess I just don't take things as seriously as he does. I'm sure they will refund/replace it so it's not like he's out the cost of the cable. I avoid a cable altogether and run a Magura. Now for the cost of a Magura, it HAD better work.

FREE RIDIN
10-29-2007, 10:24 PM
i had a streamline do the samething, i just put my stocker back on and returned the streamline. it was wierd kept adj the cable until i couldn't get anymore adjustment out of it. this happened in a half hour time span. whatever i guess :rolleyes:

Juggalo
10-30-2007, 05:19 PM
well yah i'm mad! i put one of these "top of the line" cables on my quad and its junk after 5 mins! thats bs. its not like the 25 bucks or whatever it cost is gonna kill me its just that these are complete junk. i have never seen or used such a worthless product in my life! and that also means another week of not riding while i wait for a new one to come.

i mean its on now but i had to wait a week and thats lame as hell! ya dig? and btw of course i adjusted it, i had it all the way out on the clutch perch (ASV) and down on the motor too and i had absolutley nothing. no joke when i put it up to the new motion pro the streamline was 4 inches longer! thats just rediculous.