PDA

View Full Version : New swinger

ohsobad_chevy
10-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Just got my custom fabricated swingarm installed and I'm lovin' it. It's a +3.........Let me know what y'all think.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d44/ohsobad_chevy/DSC00277.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d44/ohsobad_chevy/DSC00278.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d44/ohsobad_chevy/DSC00280.jpg

:macho

trx400EXtreme
10-28-2007, 02:33 PM
dude thats sick, goes perfect with ur bike.:cool:

banshee84
10-28-2007, 05:24 PM
how does it handle? Probaly kinda bad but looks good

FREE RIDIN
10-28-2007, 05:44 PM
:devil: SICK; how does it handle?

ohsobad_chevy
10-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by banshee84
how does it handle? Probaly kinda bad but looks good

:huh

What makes you think that, it handles awesome!! Much better than stock.

trx400EXtreme
10-28-2007, 06:17 PM
is this gonna be a drag quad?

SET THE STAGE
10-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
:huh

What makes you think that, it handles awesome!! Much better than stock.

because +3 on a quad like that is super long

JOEX
10-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Looks pretty cool. What mods have been done to the motor?

banshee84
10-28-2007, 08:53 PM
The longer the swingarm the worse the bike will corner, but it will be more stable at high speeds. I am running a -2" on my banshee and it made it handle 10x than stock.

What are you using the bike for?

Scro
10-29-2007, 02:42 PM
I run a plus +2 on my Honda for hillclimbs. I don't have any trouble keeping up on the tight, twisting trails;)

Aceman
10-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Those flames look nice but don't seem real practical in an atv application. They'll be the first thing to bend/break, then it'll really look hosed with missing/bent flames. Maybe you ride somewhere where it won't be a problem but I'd tear 'em up first ride if it were mine.:mad:

ohsobad_chevy
10-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
is this gonna be a drag quad?

No, I drag a little bit at the dunes, but that about it. I mainly ride in the woods and free riding, but I also ride a lot at the dunes.

Originally posted by SET THE STAGE
because +3 on a quad like that is super long

Not really, I can still easily maneuver in the woods just like I could with my stock swinger. 10" would be super long, 3".........nah. Just gotta know how to handle the quad in the corners. ;)

Originally posted by JOEX
Looks pretty cool. What mods have been done to the motor?

Stock motor.......big plans ahead, though!!! :devil: It's piped and jetted currently and thats good enough until I get the suspension and handling down......then the motor will get a work over. :cool:

Originally posted by Aceman
Those flames look nice but don't seem real practical in an atv application. They'll be the first thing to bend/break, then it'll really look hosed with missing/bent flames. Maybe you ride somewhere where it won't be a problem but I'd tear 'em up first ride if it were mine.:mad:

Practical for me.......Bending/breaking the flames is definitely not going to be an issue for me.....I ride the woods, but nothing is going to break them off. I think the flames look awesome, don't hate. :macho :D

ohsobad_chevy
10-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I run a plus +2 on my Honda for hillclimbs. I don't have any trouble keeping up on the tight, twisting trails;)

lol......missed one!!

No doubt......3" is not that much, the only time I notice a difference is when I try to turn while barely rolling. I can slide the quad easily.